Author Topic: What is BitShares PTS (proto-shares)?  (Read 84462 times)

Offline joele

• View Profile
Re: What is ProtoShares?
« Reply #42 on: November 27, 2013, 02:22:09 am »
A PTS Client link should be posted on top here

Offline MrJeans

• View Profile
  • BitShares: mrjeans
« Reply #41 on: November 26, 2013, 03:07:37 pm »
Thanks for the info

Offline bytemaster

Re: how will I receive shares in DACs
« Reply #40 on: November 25, 2013, 06:44:09 pm »
I am not understanding how I will receive shares in new DACs.
I currently have my ProtoShares stored on the Cryptsy exchange. Is this okay?

If I dont make use of a ProtoShare client on my computer will I still obtain shares in DACs?

Depends upon who is holding your PTS for you.  We don't know WHO has the PTS, we just know what addresses have it. 
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline yago

• View Profile
Re: how will I receive shares in DACs
« Reply #39 on: November 25, 2013, 09:27:17 am »

NO! Ask for help if needed to install your wallet on your computer. Do not keep money on the exchanges.
http://bitsharestalk.org/donate.html  <---- Donate to the BitShares Forum ----> PforumPLfVQXTi4QpQqKwoChXHkoHcxGuA

Offline MrJeans

• View Profile
how will I receive shares in DACs
« Reply #38 on: November 25, 2013, 09:17:01 am »
I am not understanding how I will receive shares in new DACs.

If I dont make use of a ProtoShare client on my computer will I still obtain shares in DACs?

Offline bytemaster

« Reply #37 on: November 24, 2013, 06:34:57 pm »
I have purchased some ProtoShares because I believe in the ideas around a decentralized shares trading platform.
I have purchased the ProtoShares on the Cryptsy exchange and am holding them on the exchange (as I cant get the ProtoShare client to work on my PC).
But how will I be rewarded with BitShares?
Do the ProtoShares have to be in the ProtoShare client for me to get BitShares?

Thanks allot
The protoshares will most likely have to be in your wallet when they release bitshares, not in the exchange, but you will have to talk to the exchange owners to be certan.

If you do not control the private key, then you will be at the mercy of the exchange to honor the social contract.
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline AJ_

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 24, 2013, 02:47:22 pm »
I have purchased some ProtoShares because I believe in the ideas around a decentralized shares trading platform.
I have purchased the ProtoShares on the Cryptsy exchange and am holding them on the exchange (as I cant get the ProtoShare client to work on my PC).

Thanks allot
The protoshares will most likely have to be in your wallet when they release bitshares, not in the exchange, but you will have to talk to the exchange owners to be certan.
Protoshares- PiiX21df7kfDAhLzmSBdbuc7kwjFaki79L
Keyhotee-5QdZUBn6BLpc7xqTkZ6nVwh83k8GbsaRMvy5kdEczgfV2tcaQr
Hello, world.

Offline Stan

• You need to think BIGGER, Pinky...
    • View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
  • BitShares: Stan
« Reply #35 on: November 24, 2013, 01:39:33 pm »

Thanks allot

When the time comes, they show up in your wallet automatically whenever it syncs with the network. 
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract of any kind.   These are merely my opinions which I reserve the right to change at any time.

Offline MrJeans

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 24, 2013, 12:43:24 pm »

Thanks allot

Offline Leyhart

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 21, 2013, 08:58:14 pm »
Everything I needed. Thank you!
Donate and help Leyhart buying his daily beer!
PTS: Pno8epNUmDUmhF4d6wJoa1buZ5nRNNtHWZ
Also, 1 donation = 1 cookie! :D

Offline Micio

• Escrow service at 1% fee, PM me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 21, 2013, 06:14:32 pm »
I don't see the first post :(
BTC: 1FGxnkFkSHZwrXFmq1efszRohbNDcpmU5S
PTS: PZQNXpwQuD1yduPkXBSZbHd2bZFwx3t2Zt

Offline digitalindustry

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 18, 2013, 11:10:55 am »
Remember robots need retarded humans to function  as well , unfortunately the issue isnt going away any time soon .

Offline digitalindustry

• View Profile
« Reply #30 on: November 18, 2013, 10:57:35 am »
Well one can make Robot resistance , but probably not Robot invulnerability,  however , being that PTS is of a critical number , if I were the PTS ceo this issue would be high on my agenda .

What im saying is if gigawatt had any useful implementation its probably of critial importance to fork the design and try to take positve action , if the implementation uses more memory or memory in a "more effective " way this can be of use as the target zombie machine will likely not function......

However if it is scaleable then its of no use .

Offline Bitcoinfan

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 17, 2013, 08:36:19 pm »
Why dont they honor bitcoins?  What difference does PTS make?

Offline ruletheworld

• View Profile
    • BTC Geek
« Reply #28 on: November 17, 2013, 06:11:45 pm »
I noticed that Mastercoin is trying to do something very similar to BitUSD only using trusted price feeds.    His code is all open source so if Mastercoin works out then anyone could create a fork of Mastercoin that honors the ProtoShares positions and as a result compete against Mastercoin.   In fact, his latest design for BitUSD was inspired after I revealed problems in his original design.  I would go so far as to say that Mastercoin is an implementation of BitShares without dividends.

In fact, ANY new altchain should honor ProtoShares positions if they want to adopt our user base.   The social contract behind ProtoShares is that it will serve as the 'pre-mine' seed for all future crypto-assets and any chain of value that does not honor it can be forked to honor it.   

If this social contract gets strong enough, no new altcoin will be able to start without honoring it and therefore ProtoShares become the most highly sought-after coin in the crypto-currency space.
This. Not going to pin my hopes on this, but this is exactly the potential of ProtoShares. The community can make or break it though.
PTS: PYRqARWMGQ1PeZvjJM6iWJxf2ouwYcueHF
BTC: 1NeRoAKp137GTDUEBaonbu5BUGPN17Xw5n
http://btcgeek.com