Author Topic: Confirmation time, is this normal?  (Read 19368 times)

Offline zvs

• View Profile
Re: Confirmation time, is this normal?
« Reply #39 on: March 01, 2014, 02:28:51 pm »
I know for Bitcoin at least Cryptsy automatically includes a fee in excess of the minimum (0.0002 instead of 0.0001), it's probably the same for PTS.

From what I've been reading here, there are at least a few exchanges that send out PTS with 0 fee... probably because 99% of the time that's fine, since blocks come relatively quickly and it takes a while to reach that max block size for free transactions (10k for non-priority, 27k for priority?  i keep getting stuff mixed up, so could be wrong).  It's just on the 27th and 28th stuff got bogged down

Pls to join Primedice 3 and frolic about merrily whilst gambling awe-inspiring quantities of bitcoins. The power of Christ compels you.

I have a dogecoin p2pool at Nogleg.

Offline Captain_Picard

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 28, 2014, 07:46:51 pm »
It looks like my withdrawal did get confirmed into my wallet so that is good news.  No I did not see a way to add a transaction fee in Cryptsy...

Offline Yepez

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 28, 2014, 07:18:39 pm »
Thanks.  Where/how are transaction fees added to any PTS transaction?
I had the same trouble with a withdraw from bter.com,  and after  almost 18 Hrs,  I get my transaction confirmed
Unfortunately there is no option at  bter exchange for adding the "transaction fee",  I don't know in Cryptsy,  but anyway you can't add the fee after the transaction. (not than I am aware of)

So you only has to wait, and wait..  and hope your transaction get at least 6 confirmation before 11:59 GMT.

Good luck.   :)

Offline Captain_Picard

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 28, 2014, 06:57:32 pm »
Thanks.  Where/how are transaction fees added to any PTS transaction?

Offline zvs

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 28, 2014, 06:21:22 pm »
If blocks are slow and there are lots of transactions occuring (like there would be today and yesterday), then transactions w/ 0 fees will have a hard time getting into blocks.

I always add excessive fees to my transactions, for DOGE it was 1 per 1kb, for PTS it's 0.001.  the default min_tx for pts is 0.0001, so if you use 0.00011 then it's np.
Pls to join Primedice 3 and frolic about merrily whilst gambling awe-inspiring quantities of bitcoins. The power of Christ compels you.

I have a dogecoin p2pool at Nogleg.

Offline Nimrod

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 28, 2014, 09:17:07 am »
Keep the wallet open and then wait,no other way.

Offline Captain_Picard

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 28, 2014, 06:00:53 am »
Thanks for the update.  I still only have one confirmation and it's been almost 8 hours.  I was not aware of any transaction fees that needed to be added. Not sure what I should do, feels like my funds are in limbo which is not very comforting.  Should I just let the wallet run all night and hope for the best, attempt to cancel somehow, or close and restart the wallet?

Offline onceuponatime

« Reply #32 on: February 28, 2014, 05:30:08 am »
Update: The transaction has  11 confirmations  now. Imdon't know why it took 8 hours, but probably because it was a small amount and sender didn't add any transaction fee would be my guess.

Offline Captain_Picard

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 28, 2014, 03:40:31 am »
Hmmm let me know if you come across any news or updates.  My first Dogecoin withdrawal was confirmed in a couple of minutes.  PTS may be full of great ideas but if not user friendly much fail. 

Offline onceuponatime

« Reply #30 on: February 28, 2014, 03:19:11 am »
No, this is not normal, but you are not doing anything wrong. I had two transactions that took a very long time to confirm today. And I have another transaction that is now 6 hours old and does not hyave a single confirmation yet.

I have no idea what is causing the delay.

Offline Captain_Picard

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 28, 2014, 03:10:02 am »
Update, I have one confirmation and it's been like that for four hours or so... is this normal?

Offline Captain_Picard

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 28, 2014, 12:01:39 am »
I am trying to receive a transaction from Cryptsy to my PTS Wallet.  Wallet shows the incoming deposit, but it's been over an hour and it still shows 0 of 6 confirmations.  How long should this take or am I doing something wrong?

Offline 5chdn

• i wonder how many chars i can put in this field 50
    • View Profile
    • Votesapp
  • GitHub: 5chdn
« Reply #27 on: December 11, 2013, 10:23:04 pm »
PTS generally has a slow confirmation time.

But yes, ypool is probably the cause for the massive delays. A while ago I noticed a bug in my code that caused blocks that have many transactions get declined by the network, as a hotfix I simply disabled that mempool transactions are added to the blocks mined by ypool. Since then I didn't have a single second to implement the correct fix. As you all are likely aware, ypool has been pestered by various attacks, hardware problems and annoying providers. Now that it all has calmed down I finally have some time to implement the fix.

Be aware that transaction confirmation works as always, it's just the accept to block phase that is delayed. No reason for panic.

Is this the ypool wallet? http://coinplorer.com/PTS/Addresses/PpXRMhz5dDHtFYpbDTpiAMJaVarMUJURT6
I still see only one tx per block. Did the miners not upgrade yet?

Offline lordfirefox

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 03, 2013, 10:47:13 pm »
Date: 12/3/2013 01:37
To: Transfer to Bter.com PmCv9LBtBsaVnmzRSwGEcYmh76kShQEy1v
Debit: -1.68 PTS
Transaction fee: -0.0002 PTS
Net amount: -1.6802 PTS
Transaction ID: 3404b3e59db9e5ab22db7d0523a7168579fb013c0b2015da28c47c0836a2c558

About 16 hours and counting. Still no confirmations.
PTS: Pimu7pvvbCJF9LKsCUw2ZUb2pdHRzLLjBa

Offline bitshirehashaway

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 19, 2013, 04:32:38 am »
Another test transaction just completed, it was for 1pts to coingrounds. I started it 1 hour after the other ones. Maybe adding your node helped.

Date: 11/16/2013 05:51

The other transactions are still unconfirmed and holding up some of my coins, should I somehow delete them or wait?

May not have been windows... adding the node does help often times.