Author Topic: Any latest information?  (Read 33153 times)

Offline oco101

• View Profile
Ok, got it.
(in the form of BitUSD but Notes are what the collateral is on the back end)
This means you have your own BitAssets on your BitShares Music blockchain?
yhea .. cross chain trading ... => more demand for bitUSD ..
So there will be a bitUSD market  that will work in Bitshare Music, and the collateral will be notes ? Is this right ?

Offline tonyk

• View Profile
Ok, got it.

Good for you!

I still have no clue what those Music bitUSD are?

or How are they backed by the notes?
« Last Edit: September 08, 2014, 06:39:31 pm by tonyk »
Lack of arbitrage is the problem, isn't it. And this 'should' solves it.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
Ok, got it.
yhea .. cross chain trading ... => more demand for bitUSD ..

Offline santaclause102

• View Profile
Ok, got it.

Offline oco101

• View Profile
Wow brilliant !!! This could really change the music industry forever !!! It involves the listeners and the fans in a level that was not possible before. Looking forward for all the details !!!!

jaran

Is the 45% presale going to be buy x amount of shares for y price?  Or is it going to be like If say 1000 people participate in the presale then 45% of the shares will be split between them weighted by how much they contribute?

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
@cob .. can the community be of any assistance when it comes to marketing? do you already have a marketing strategy?
Anything in general we can do to make this a success?

Offline donkeypong

• View Profile
Exciting stuff! I'm looking forward to it. Considering that you folks will probably beat Apple and Amazon into the crypto space, I think the notion that people can spend their BTC for music is really strong. And the artist shares concept is bringing together the best of Kickstarter, Pandora, and American Idol. Gonna be huge...

Offline cob

• View Profile
  • BitShares: cobb
Bitshares Music shares = Notes.

Bitcoin = DAC
bitcoins = units / underlying asset / shares of this DAC

BitSharesX = DAC
BTSX = units / underlying asset / shares of this DAC

BitShares Music = DAC
NOTE = units / underlying asset / Shares of this DAC

As for why you'd want to own Notes

-Tx fees This has 2 parts. First tx fees of everything done on the blockchain. Second, Higher transaction fee when someone purchases music. You the Note holder is getting a cut off of each song/album sale.
-Anyone that wants to buy music needs to have Notes (in the form of BitUSD but Notes are what the collateral is on the back end)

Note holders do not get any artistcoin just for holding notes. The artist has 100% control over what he chooses to do with his own coins. He can sell them to fund his career, he can give them away to his fans, he can put them on McDonald's XL cups where you can scratch and win 5 Rihannacoins, whatever.
The power of the artistcoins is 100% in the hands of the artist.

Keep in mind that if that Rihanna McDonald's campaign drives people to use the BitShares Music blockchain, that's more tx fees for Note holders. If people buy some of rihanna's music on the site, that means high tx fees for Note holders once again.
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
Can you clearify what "notes" are?
In my universe only BitSharesMusicShares (what you get with ags/pts) and the Artistcoins exist.
AFAIK:    BitSharesMusicShares===notes

I see three things which can drive demand for BitSharesMusicShares :
- tx fees
- you need BitSharesMusicShares when you want to buy any Artistshares
- BitSharesMusicShares get a low % of all Artistshares (I think kickstarter does it the same way? Not sure)

Isnt it that simple?
that's my understanding too

Offline santaclause102

• View Profile

So my question should be i guess

If a song is sold for $.99 with a $.01 transaction fee what percent after that goes to the artist and what goes to the DAC?  Then does the DAC pay PeerTracks LLC for services such as running the website from its profit from sales? Or is it the other way around where PeerTracks LLC is getting the profit from the sale at the the website and all that is going to the DAC is a $.01 burn in transaction fees?

keep in mind these are fictitious %s and #s for the sake of simplicity

If a song sells for 1 BitUSD (FROM the PeerTracks website), a couple of things happen.

If the artist selling the song does NOT have an artistcoin out there, this is what happens.
0.95 BitUSD goes to the artist's wallet.
0.04 BitUSD goes to PeerTracks for bandwidth cost and the likes (costs will need to be calculated closer to launch once less variables are present)
0.whatever the transaction fee is on the blockchain is going to be the well... transaction fee. Which is what gets burned and "returned" to the shareholders, just like in BitSharesX

Now if the person selling the song DOES have an artistcoin out there (meaning he created his own token and sold it to his fans)
Things are different. The artist will not be getting 0.95 BitUSD, he will be getting 0.95 MINUS what going towards his coinholders. I will go into this later.

One of the features we are exploring as far as transaction fee is setting a higher transaction fee for any transfer except artistcoins.
This means the DAC shareholders would profit more from BitUSD transfers (music sales) but the fees would stay very low when Jimmy and timmy are exchanging Snoopcoin for One Direction coin in the schoolyard on their smartphones.

We want to create 10000 dogecoin like economies each revolving around band/singer it's fandom and it's fan club. Keeping low token transfer fees would help that, where we really want to charge off of music sales to pay for service costs + network costs, etc.
So do shareholders of the BitShares Music DAC only earn on burned tx fees or do the BitSharesMusicShares also get value from something else (e.g. because you can only buy Artistcoins with BitSharesMusicShares  or BitSharesMusicShares-holders get a percantage (the 0.04 cents?) from the ArtistShares)?

Note holders would earn from burned tx fees, correct.
What we are planning on doing is making the tx fees more expensive for bitUSD since that's the type of transaction that's used in the sale of music.

So people trading around artistcoins can do so very cheaply. people trading around notes as well. The only time a large transaction fee appears is when someone buys music since it's not done in notes, or artistcoins, it's done in BitUSD.

Clear?

So Note holders would make money off of every tx fee, some tx fees are larger than others.

This is all for Note holders.

Now if you are holding say 300 guitarguy coins, and his music starts selling on the peertracks website, then you will see the value of those coins go up.
These are 2 independent things.

I could have 100 Notes and 400 artistcoins. I could have 0 notes and 10000 artistcoins, I could have 25 notes and 0 artistcoins. It all depends if you wanna play the music market or just take fees from being part owner of the DAC or if you want to do both!

If you do both, say you have 1% off all Notes in existence, then you are making 1% off all (non-delegate) tx fees. And if you picked the right artistcoins, you can earn capital gains from that too.
Can you clearify what "notes" are?
In my universe only BitSharesMusicShares (what you get with ags/pts) and the Artistcoins exist.

I see three things which can drive demand for BitSharesMusicShares :
- tx fees
- you need BitSharesMusicShares when you want to buy any Artistshares
- BitSharesMusicShares get a low % of all Artistshares (I think kickstarter does it the same way? Not sure)

Isnt it that simple?

Offline cob

• View Profile
Xeroc.. I don't know how old you are.. but maybe you can guess what line comes with this pic:

Now you are blaming ME that i played YOUR game? Are are serious?
While we wait, why not play the guessing game. Oh and the site is up, although not all content is up to date, so if you find it, keep that in mind ^^

I'd love to support your platform .. but why threaten me? because I 'leaked' your domain? and google has it cached? for real?

Xeroc... the line was  "Clever girl"

Far from a threat lol.  I guess you are a bit too young for the 1993 reference! my bad ^^

http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/clever-girl

“Clever Girl” is a catchphrase that can be used to express respect or admiration for something has demonstrated substantial intelligence.

woops .. than it TOTALLY misunderstood your reference ... and apologize for my harsh response .. i am sorry .. really

Don't sweat it. I startled you with a giant velociraptor head! Understandable reaction haha
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline cob

• View Profile

So my question should be i guess

If a song is sold for $.99 with a $.01 transaction fee what percent after that goes to the artist and what goes to the DAC?  Then does the DAC pay PeerTracks LLC for services such as running the website from its profit from sales? Or is it the other way around where PeerTracks LLC is getting the profit from the sale at the the website and all that is going to the DAC is a $.01 burn in transaction fees?

keep in mind these are fictitious %s and #s for the sake of simplicity

If a song sells for 1 BitUSD (FROM the PeerTracks website), a couple of things happen.

If the artist selling the song does NOT have an artistcoin out there, this is what happens.
0.95 BitUSD goes to the artist's wallet.
0.04 BitUSD goes to PeerTracks for bandwidth cost and the likes (costs will need to be calculated closer to launch once less variables are present)
0.whatever the transaction fee is on the blockchain is going to be the well... transaction fee. Which is what gets burned and "returned" to the shareholders, just like in BitSharesX

Now if the person selling the song DOES have an artistcoin out there (meaning he created his own token and sold it to his fans)
Things are different. The artist will not be getting 0.95 BitUSD, he will be getting 0.95 MINUS what going towards his coinholders. I will go into this later.

One of the features we are exploring as far as transaction fee is setting a higher transaction fee for any transfer except artistcoins.
This means the DAC shareholders would profit more from BitUSD transfers (music sales) but the fees would stay very low when Jimmy and timmy are exchanging Snoopcoin for One Direction coin in the schoolyard on their smartphones.

We want to create 10000 dogecoin like economies each revolving around band/singer it's fandom and it's fan club. Keeping low token transfer fees would help that, where we really want to charge off of music sales to pay for service costs + network costs, etc.
So do shareholders of the BitShares Music DAC only earn on burned tx fees or do the BitSharesMusicShares also get value from something else (e.g. because you can only buy Artistcoins with BitSharesMusicShares  or BitSharesMusicShares-holders get a percantage (the 0.04 cents?) from the ArtistShares)?

Note holders would earn from burned tx fees, correct.
What we are planning on doing is making the tx fees more expensive for bitUSD since that's the type of transaction that's used in the sale of music.

So people trading around artistcoins can do so very cheaply. people trading around notes as well. The only time a large transaction fee appears is when someone buys music since it's not done in notes, or artistcoins, it's done in BitUSD.

Clear?

So Note holders would make money off of every tx fee, some tx fees are larger than others.

This is all for Note holders.

Now if you are holding say 300 guitarguy coins, and his music starts selling on the peertracks website, then you will see the value of those coins go up.
These are 2 independent things.

I could have 100 Notes and 400 artistcoins. I could have 0 notes and 10000 artistcoins, I could have 25 notes and 0 artistcoins. It all depends if you wanna play the music market or just take fees from being part owner of the DAC or if you want to do both!

If you do both, say you have 1% off all Notes in existence, then you are making 1% off all (non-delegate) tx fees. And if you picked the right artistcoins, you can earn capital gains from that too.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
Xeroc.. I don't know how old you are.. but maybe you can guess what line comes with this pic:

While we wait, why not play the guessing game. Oh and the site is up, although not all content is up to date, so if you find it, keep that in mind ^^

I'd love to support your platform .. but why threaten me? because I 'leaked' your domain? and google has it cached? for real?

Far from a threat lol.  I guess you are a bit too young for the 1993 reference! my bad ^^

“Clever Girl” is a catchphrase that can be used to express respect or admiration for something has demonstrated substantial intelligence.

woops .. than it TOTALLY misunderstood your reference ... and apologize for my harsh response .. i am sorry .. really

Offline cob

• View Profile