Author Topic: "its up 1000% in a week, so a 50% pullback seems an inevitability"  (Read 12569 times)

Offline btstip

• View Profile
  • BitShares: btstip-io
Hey CRAPCOIN, here are the results of your tips...
Curious about ShareBits? Visit us at http://sharebits.io and start tipping BTS on https://bitsharestalk.org/ today!
Created by hybridd

Offline CRAPCOIN

• You can never have enough CRAPCOIN!
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: crap-coin
Even though there is a HUGE party happening inside! They'll just walk on by and go to some crapcoin and potentially invest there.

#sharebits "emailtooaj" 100 CRAPCOIN

Thank you for advertising CRAPCOIN and welcome to the club of CRAPCOIN hodlers!
CRAPCOIN - Buy them on the DEX for .01 BTS each - https://goo.gl/9RNjnE

Offline infovortice2013

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
    • BitShares en español
  • BitShares: traderx
New Keyoteeid: 5rUhuLCDWUA2FStkKVRTWYEqY1mZhwpfVdRmYEvMRFRD1bqYAL
new08/21 id 5Sjf3LMuYPSeNnjLYXmAoHj5Z6TPCmwmfXD6XwDmg27dwfQ

Offline bodenliu

• View Profile
wow that is exactly a 50% pullback, if the down trend stops

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
+5% ........I don't want this to come off the wrong way but it was a shockingly smooth launch for bitUSD. I expected more well issues. Updates were very fast and taking the way the market was paused was very clever.  Even with the price drop I feel even better then before about where this is heading.
+5% +5% +5% +5% +5%

Offline Gentso1

• View Profile
  • BitShares: gentso
Also I strongly believe no more than 3 markets should be operating until liquidity improves and more people start using bitshares in general.

I agree.  USD, BTC, CNY are the only markets that I believe there is enough interest in to trade right now.  Once tools and user base is established we can grow to more, but software needs to be more robust first.

+5%  Btw I'm very impressed with how the market is performing at the moment.. the consensus market is tracking bitUSD to USD surprisingly well with current volumes.  My confidence in the platform is even higher than it was which is saying a lot.  Keep up the excellent work, fellow stakeholders!  8)
+5% ........I don't want this to come off the wrong way but it was a shockingly smooth launch for bitUSD. I expected more well issues. Updates were very fast and taking the way the market was paused was very clever.  Even with the price drop I feel even better then before about where this is heading.

Offline yellowecho

Also I strongly believe no more than 3 markets should be operating until liquidity improves and more people start using bitshares in general.

I agree.  USD, BTC, CNY are the only markets that I believe there is enough interest in to trade right now.  Once tools and user base is established we can grow to more, but software needs to be more robust first.

+5%  Btw I'm very impressed with how the market is performing at the moment.. the consensus market is tracking bitUSD to USD surprisingly well with current volumes.  My confidence in the platform is even higher than it was which is saying a lot.  Keep up the excellent work, fellow stakeholders!  8)
696c6f766562726f776e696573

Offline bytemaster

For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline cygnify

• View Profile

Offline santaclause102

• View Profile
A 50% drop is ok if shorts have time to adjust their positions. The only time it is not ok is if the price drops so fast that there is insufficient collateral and the insurance fund is exhausted.
But isn't the margin called automatically which would prevent uncovered BitUSD?

The collateral issue only has a negative effect if the drop in BTSX value happens so fast that the margin can not be called automatically, correct? How quick would that have to be?

Offline Riverhead

we urgently need bitBTC as well, BTC is looking awfully bullish ..

+5% I agree completely

I am publishing this. Is it what we need more of? This is BTC/BTSX

{
    "delegate_name": "riverhead-del-server-1",
    "price": 8.1799999999999996e-05,
    "last_update": "20140826T181350",
    "asset_symbol": "BTC",
    "median_price": null
  },

Offline cygnify

• View Profile

+5% I agree completely

Offline CLains

• View Profile
  • BitShares: clains

Offline emailtooaj

`
Whilst I share your expectation that we have only just started, that still doesnt answer the point that a 400% bull run makes a 50% crash very likely, and not a "black swan" scenario.

Apologies, my post could have been clearer.

When assets bubble and crash it is because value flows into and then out of the asset.

With BTSX it is a one way trip. Value enters via BTSX and flows to cryptives backed by BTSX.

So when BTSX 'crashes' the value flows to bitUSD, bitCNY etc. rather than to fiat, BTC, etc.

This, combined with the very high mobility of crypto-equity (crypto-value?) may result in sustained absorbtion of a vast amount of capital that never leaves the system.

Ie. BTSX just keeps going up. And up. And up.

At least that's what I'd like to see... ;)

Sorry but this is assumes that most BTSX trading takes place on the X exchange, which is not the case. And its not a satisfying answer for someone who is not yet convinced by BTSX.

if BTSX -> bitAsset trading occurs on external exchanges (ie. Bter BTSX -> bitUSD) the traded value is still retained in the Bitshares ecosystem.

Certainly if BTSX -> notbitAsset trading occurs on external exchanges (ie. Bter BTSX -> BTC) value leaves the ecosystem.

What I am plugging is that going forward there will be less and less motivation to move value outside of the ecosystem.

ie. why trade BTSX for BTC when you can trade BTSX for bitBTC (faster transfers, TITAN, etc.) or bitBTC5 (faster transfers, TITAN, ROI).

All of this retained value will ultimately be reflected in the market cap of BTSX.

Kind of a Hotel California scenario.

The problem atm is that most people keep their holdings on exchanges to buy and sell for short term profits. This will change hopefully as more people grasp the concept of bitAssets.

When people realize they can buy and sell any asset on a decentralized exchange with low fees and negligible counter party risk (ie. exchange default) trading volume will migrate to the X exchange (good for BTSX shareholders) and trade value will migrate to bitAssets (also good for BTSX shareholders).

At this point the tech has proven viable and we now all we need is a marketing push to bring liquidity....

This is a great discussion!
Made me start to wonder.
Is there any way for the general public to see what actual Market Cap is within the BTSx ecosystem?
Let's take Coinmarketcap.com for instance. It easily shows the value of the crypto markets by linking to exchanges and basically reporting that activity and pegging the coin's price relative to BTC trading rates. Of course most people can easily understand that.
That being said, once money flows into the BTSx Eco system and starts trading internally on the decentralized system, the actual ($) value being created and accumulated within this system isn't being reported to the outside. Is it?
To me it seems that coinmarketcap.com is obviously reporting what $'s is going to the BTSx front door but there is no way to tell whats going on inside.
I hope I'm making sense with this  :P

The only reason why I bring this up is the fact that if any people want to get involved and invest into BTSx, they aren't getting accurate trading volume by using a site like coinmarketcap.com.
They're only seeing activity at the front door, and it may be quite out there. Even though there is a HUGE party happening inside! They'll just walk on by and go to some crapcoin and potentially invest there.

« Last Edit: August 27, 2014, 03:39:30 am by emailtooaj »
Sound Editor of Beyondbitcoin Hangouts. Listen to latest here - https://beyondbitcoin.org support the Hangouts! BTS Tri-Fold Brochure https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,15169.0.html
Tip BROWNIE.PTS to EMAILTOOAJ