Author Topic: 0.4.10 Testers Wanted  (Read 29872 times)

Offline emski

• View Profile
    • http://lnkd.in/nPbhxG
I've updated to 0.4.10 .
None of the above-mentioned crashes exist.
Nice Work!

Offline ElMato

• View Profile
OSX 10.7.3
Running smooth with 30+ connections

Offline Cryptofreakoutlaw31

• View Profile
My update:

I had already exported my wallet JSON file to a USB drive before upgrading to the 4.10 version.  I downloaded and installed version 4.10 and ran the file.  It got hung up on "reindexing.....Will take a few minutes".  I went to task manager to get out of it and I waited about 1-2 minutes to restart it.  I restarted version 4.10 and it worked fine and I was able to log in to my new 4.10 wallet.  When the wallet started syncing, I initially got worried when I saw a zero balance in my wallet but the wallet was synching starting from about when it said "Last Block was synced 42d (days) ago".  As of this post, it is now at "Last Block was synced 1d 15h 2m 10s ago" but I did experience a crash.  I went to task manager and get out of it and I restarted the wallet.  After I restarted the wallet, it resumed the syncing and it is almost finished. 

I want to state the as the wallet was syncing, I was able to get my BTSX and BitUSD balances back to what they were before I upgraded my wallet and I did not have to import my JSON wallet at all.  My conclusion to all of this is this:  When the wallet begins to sync, it will show a zero balance but once it finishes syncing, then it should have your current balance.  

I will repeat:  The wallet did finish syncing and it shows my exact BTSX and BitUSD balances and it also shows all of the transactions that I made since I got started in Bitshares X.  That is my report for the time being.  
« Last Edit: August 31, 2014, 05:10:43 am by Cryptofreakoutlaw31 »

Offline theoretical

When I run wallet_recover_transaction on all the transactions that I can see, I get this output:

Code: [Select]
wallet_recover_transaction 289de77a ionx

10 assert_exception: Assert Exception
has_deposit:
    {}
    bitshares  wallet.cpp:3018 recover_transaction

{}
    bitshares  wallet.cpp:3099 recover_transaction

{}
    bitshares  common_api_client.cpp:1667 wallet_recover_transaction

{"command":"wallet_recover_transaction"}
    bitshares  cli.cpp:481 execute_command

It looks like the recover transaction only works for transfers and not bids/asks.   I am looking to add something to recover bids/asks.

I'm suffering from the same problem.  Is the issue https://github.com/BitShares/bitshares_toolkit/issues/725, https://github.com/BitShares/bitshares_toolkit/issues/712 or https://github.com/BitShares/bitshares_toolkit/issues/704 ?
BTS- theoretical / PTS- PZxpdC8RqWsdU3pVJeobZY7JFKVPfNpy5z / BTC- 1NfGejohzoVGffAD1CnCRgo9vApjCU2viY / the delegate formerly known as drltc / Nothing said on these forums is intended to be legally binding / All opinions are my own unless otherwise noted / Take action due to my posts at your own risk

Offline Method-X

• VIRAL
    • View Profile
    • Learn to code
  • BitShares: methodx
My balance is now showing as 0.00 -- I have a JSON backup. Am I ok? Did I just lose all of my investment?

Have you done wallet_backup_restore <.json file> <wallet_name> ?

Is that basically the same as File > Import Wallet ?

Yes I think so.

It's late and I'm being an idiot. I just realized the wallet is syncing to the blockchain. It's stuck on  block 8387, so no wonder it's not displaying a balance.  :o

Offline Riverhead

My balance is now showing as 0.00 -- I have a JSON backup. Am I ok? Did I just lose all of my investment?

Yes I think so.

Offline Method-X

• VIRAL
    • View Profile
    • Learn to code

Offline cryptkeeper

• View Profile
installment was a success no crashes at all on my end.

Offline tonyk

• View Profile

Successfully installed 0.4.10 on win 7/32bit with single account registered today. (Already huge improvement over 0.4.9/a - this was never achieved on my system through the GUI on 0.4.9(a)).

Trying Ubuntu now (yes, 0.4.9/a  the GUI mainly was crashing on it too, granted not so severely).
Lack of arbitrage is the problem, isn't it. And this 'should' solves it.

Offline Riverhead

Offline yiminh

• View Profile
0.4.10 is no worse nor better than 0.4.9, waiting for 0.5.0 hehe

Offline Empirical1

• View Profile
I think the balance fix will take at least two weeks, if ever.

your funds are safe because your private keys are safe and eventually all bugs will be worked out.

https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=7823.0

Offline yiminh

• View Profile

On what is this time estimate based? Hopefully it won't be that long. It's really the only serious glitch left.

because I think they messed up the blochchian somehow

Offline Method-X

• VIRAL
    • View Profile
    • Learn to code

Offline Riverhead

On what is this time estimate based? Hopefully it won't be that long. It's really the only serious glitch left.