Author Topic: 0.4.10 Testers Wanted  (Read 29863 times)

Offline bytemaster

We are now on 4.12....  I am locking this thread.
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline ionx

• View Profile
:( I'm back to square 1 with the Transaction scanning progress is -100% issue - a full rescan does not help..

Not sure if you've tried this yet, but it's worth a shot.

"wallet_set_transaction_scanning true"  in the console. After that, run "rescan".

Offline sky

• View Profile
 :( I'm back to square 1 with the Transaction scanning progress is -100% issue - a full rescan does not help..

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
A behavior I noticed when using a chain server is that it says "Not connected" in the lower right, displays no other status message, but I can see my balance rising as it downloads/processes the chain. I can see why someone would think it's hung but it's actually working just fine.

I have noticed that too but when I have recently purchased BTSX from Bter and withdrew the BTSX to my new Bitshares X wallet, it will correctly update my BTSX balance in my account to reflect that I made a BTSX withdrawal from Bter to deposit in my wallet despite it saying "Not Connected" on the bottom of my wallet.  That part seems to be working and I have not had any issues with that.
That is a bug in the wallet ... you can check your real-syncin status with "getinfo" in the console

Offline Cryptofreakoutlaw31

• View Profile
A behavior I noticed when using a chain server is that it says "Not connected" in the lower right, displays no other status message, but I can see my balance rising as it downloads/processes the chain. I can see why someone would think it's hung but it's actually working just fine.

I have noticed that too but when I have recently purchased BTSX from Bter and withdrew the BTSX to my new Bitshares X wallet, it will correctly update my BTSX balance in my account to reflect that I made a BTSX withdrawal from Bter to deposit in my wallet despite it saying "Not Connected" on the bottom of my wallet.  That part seems to be working and I have not had any issues with that. 

Offline bitwiz

• View Profile
I updated the seed node to version 0.4.10, so far so good, no more segfaults. There are currently 50 connections.
wallet_approve_delegate delegate.bitwiz
BTSX: bitwiz    | BTC: 1LW55JXXaZ9V2xjHaBvsXJ5WYv76LRnF2p
I'm running a PTS seed node on the cloud, get a 10$ bonus using this referral

Offline sky

• View Profile
FYI I'm pleased to say that I have now recovered the balance on one of the accounts and working on the next one :)

Offline sky

• View Profile
yes thx Riverhead - I'm actually doing it now - it just takes forever to scan the transactions - currently @ 54%..
I will be very curious to see if it works  :P

Offline Riverhead

It'd be worth a private key dump on the two new accounts and importing the private keys (cut and paste, not a wallet file) into your wallet you sent the funds from. You may not get all the transaction details but you should "recover" your shares after a rescan.

Since you know the blocks your sends are in you don't have to scan the entire chain.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2014, 08:10:47 pm by Riverhead »

Offline sky

• View Profile
I'm getting impatient now.

any news on fixing the transaction scanning progress error?
I am very worried if my funds are gone - or they can be recovered

further info:
I have found out that I can import a backup json from before I created the 2 new accounts and that removes the transaction scanning progress -100% in lower left corner and the message Updating transaction history.
And I can also see the transactions I did from the main account to those 2 new accounts but obviously the transaction shows unknown accounts.

My question now is:
Can I import/recover those 2 new accounts into that backup file and thereby get the balances to show correctly?
« Last Edit: September 01, 2014, 07:05:54 pm by sky »

Offline kyletorpey

• View Profile
BitShares X has not synced the correct account balance, transaction history, or the fact that my account is registered for the past few versions. When attempting to rescan the blockchain, it crashes during the process. I'm on Lubuntu. This latest install was in a brand new folder as I renamed the old folder "BitShares X.old". I did notice that there was also a hidden .BitSharesX folder that could be holding some old config files or something. Should I try renaming that folder as well?

The .BitSharesX hidden folder is where all the data is stored including all your wallet backups. Yes, rename it, but BACK IT UP somewhere as well.

Still crashing when trying to scan the blockchain. It seems that the problematic block is 321978.

Offline Shentist

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
    • metaexchange
  • BitShares: shentist
is this "overlapping" bids and asks a feature or just a new bug?

if it is a new feature please remove it - it is a terrible solution.
if it is a bug please remove it - it is a terrible bug.

:o

Offline oco101

• View Profile
Overlapping is very confusing on the bid/ask wall. Not sure how to trade now. It looks like are a lot of sell orders that are lower than buy bids. Confusing !!!

Offline bitmeat

• View Profile
BitShares X has not synced the correct account balance, transaction history, or the fact that my account is registered for the past few versions. When attempting to rescan the blockchain, it crashes during the process. I'm on Lubuntu. This latest install was in a brand new folder as I renamed the old folder "BitShares X.old". I did notice that there was also a hidden .BitSharesX folder that could be holding some old config files or something. Should I try renaming that folder as well?

The .BitSharesX hidden folder is where all the data is stored including all your wallet backups. Yes, rename it, but BACK IT UP somewhere as well.

Offline kyletorpey

• View Profile