Author Topic: "What Is BitShares?" infographic -- your input is appreciated.  (Read 25524 times)

Offline oco101

• View Profile
I think we should be careful with the "Transaction is anonymous. Nobody can see you balance ... "  As for now transaction are as anonymous as bitcoin and "Transactions still combine inputs and send the "change" back to the address the funds came from"

Offline Method-X

• VIRAL
    • View Profile
    • Learn to code
  • BitShares: methodx
Near 0 costs for transactions. Compare to Visa debit card fees and Scott trade fees

Mass adoption will drive down %markup for fees esp for small transactions like coffee thus reducing costs for businesses and consumers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Very good observation. What you're saying is that trading using BitShares Exchange is near zero fees; similar to how Chinese exchanges operate on the zero fee model to drive user adoption. BitShares offers near zero trading fees + all coins/assets stay on the blockchain (secure, trustless).

bitbro

Near 0 costs for transactions. Compare to Visa debit card fees and Scott trade fees

Mass adoption will drive down %markup for fees esp for small transactions like coffee thus reducing costs for businesses and consumers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: September 02, 2014, 08:53:38 pm by bitbro »

Offline bobmaloney

When the banding matrix is so complex that average users cannot understand it, is it their fault because they're stupid and haven't informed themselves about the terminology or is it the companies fault for not understanding the average user?

This is where infographics like yours can help.
"The crows seemed to be calling his name, thought Caw."
- Jack Handey (SNL)

Offline Method-X

• VIRAL
    • View Profile
    • Learn to code
Suggestion: client should be downloadable at x.bitshares.org -- not a seperate URL that's ugly as all hell.
that is not going for legal reasons ... bitsharesX is maintained by dacsunlimited .. not by bitshares.org
please inform yourself about the terminology!

When the banding matrix is so complex that average users cannot understand it, is it their fault because they're stupid and haven't informed themselves about the terminology or is it the companies fault for not understanding the average user?

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
Suggestion: client should be downloadable at x.bitshares.org -- not a seperate URL that's ugly as all hell.
that is not going for legal reasons ... bitsharesX is maintained by dacsunlimited .. not by bitshares.org
please inform yourself about the terminology!

Offline Method-X

• VIRAL
    • View Profile
    • Learn to code
the right website to reference is
bitshares-x.info and NOT bitshares.org!!

Wow... the BitShares branding is terrible. Who's running the marketing show here?

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
the right website to reference is
bitshares-x.info and NOT bitshares.org!!

Offline santaclause102

• View Profile
Good initiative!

I would categorize by it's functions:
1) It's a trading platform
2) It's an exchange
3) It's a vault
4) It provides crypto currencies with built in price stability

Other functions?
« Last Edit: September 02, 2014, 07:48:18 pm by delulo »

Offline Riverhead

Great initiative.  Couple things:

1) The first point I think we can do without the slam on Mt. Gox. Though well deserved.
2) I don't think we should bate hackers with a challenge like ,"Cannot be hacked" :)

I think it suffices to say something like, "It is a decentralized derivatives exchange that solves many of the security issues inherent in centralized exchanges. Mainly that bad actors at a centralized exchange may steal funds and centralized exchanges are a big target for hackers. With BitShares your funds are always stored securely on the blockchain."

Offline CLains

• View Profile
  • BitShares: clains
Great start. :)

I would say "Price stability" instead of just "stability." And delete the "all" after the plus sign.

Offline Method-X

• VIRAL
    • View Profile
    • Learn to code
I'm working on a "What is BitShares?" infographic and would like some input.

EDIT: Here is the final version:

Download the .PSD

(consider this infographic open source, with full GNU rights)
« Last Edit: September 10, 2014, 05:47:06 pm by MeTHoDx »