Author Topic: !!! Stupid Questions Thread !!!  (Read 251363 times)

Offline biophil

• Professor of Computer Science
    • View Profile
    • My Academic Website
  • BitShares: biophil
I should know this by now, but do shorts compete on collateral offered or interest payed ?

Interest.

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

Support our research efforts to improve BitAsset price-pegging! Vote for worker 1.14.204 "201907-uccs-research-project."

Offline speedy

• View Profile
  • BitShares: speedy
I should know this by now, but do shorts compete on collateral offered or interest payed ?

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
Thanks. And thanks for utility... I cannot find a way to look only for json files.. There is no json format in File Opt. But json mentioned as supported.
There is explanation How to Add your own extension to PhotoRec in wiki.. But franly i do not understand yet.. Do you have experience?
you will have to search for "ASCII" files .. that's why you will probably end up with a whole lot of them in the end .. :(

// edit: photorec searched every block on the hard drive and tries to figure out if it knows the file format .. *.doc files look different from *.pdf files on the hard drive .. but you can identify them ... ASCII files are plain text .. and used ALOT everywhere on your computer ...

once you have all text files on the computer you may try to search for "master_key_record_type" in all of them .. maybe use some tool to search in all files
« Last Edit: October 24, 2014, 12:05:43 pm by xeroc »

Offline 21xhipster

Anyway i will try... Thanks..
In my case losses manageable and wont impact my attitude nor Bitshares nor crypto in general. But people are very different. I will be happy if my loss will help everybody... So anyway there should be very hard (red) reminder in client in case of receiving funds..
What repository X client is based on?  - I will fix an issue...
I just linked on of the GUI designers to this thread
Thanks. And thanks for utility... I cannot find a way to look only for json files.. There is no json format in File Opt. But json mentioned as supported.
There is explanation How to Add your own extension to PhotoRec in wiki.. But frankly i do not understand yet how.. Do you have experience?
https://cyber.fund/ - Decetnralized Investment Platform

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
In my case losses manageable and wont impact my attitude nor Bitshares nor crypto in general. But people are very different. I will be happy if my loss will help everybody... So anyway there should be very hard (red) reminder in client in case of receiving funds..
I just linked on of the GUI designers to this thread

Offline 21xhipster

Ugly but may help you:
It's basically crawling each block on the disk and might take AGES ... once finished you will need to go through hunderts of files manually to figure out which one contains your backup

The file start with
The SECRETS are a replacement from me :)

Good luck .. otherwise .. sorry for your loss

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
Ugly but may help you:
http://www.cgsecurity.org/wiki/PhotoRec

It's basically crawling each block on the disk and might take AGES ... once finished you will need to go through hunderts of files manually to figure out which one contains your backup

The file start with

Code: [Select]
[                                                                                                                                                                                                                                 
{
  "type": "master_key_record_type",
  "data": {
    "index": -1,
    "encrypted_key": "SECRET",
    "checksum": "SECRET"
  }
},

The SECRETS are a replacement from me :)

Good luck .. otherwise .. sorry for your loss
« Last Edit: October 24, 2014, 11:24:11 am by xeroc »

Offline 21xhipster

I tried through all the night...
Anyway there should be hard reminder inside client about backing up... I am not a newbe in crypto (3+ years) but anyway first time happens.. They catch me... That was the first time i didnt test recovery for client before using it. Big believe in Bitshares... Ok.. can fix looses: account names 21 xhipster and cyberPie: ~32k BTSX or 2.08 BTC... What place in the Hall of Losers?
There is another way... Before erasing partition there was only 20GB from 120 GB free. After erasing 100 GB free... Probability that keys are there is high just in fact that i installed client than my disk was almost full. I can assign bounty of 30% from recovered money for those who can do it remotely...

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
Look for a file with a .json extension. This is the standard wallet backup extension and the recent versions of the wallet made backups automatically. It would be in the BitSharesX/wallets/.backup directory (at least it is on Windows)

default-20141011T122643-version_upgrade.json is an example of a backup name. This file contains all your keys for accounts at the time it was made.
Thanks! Do somebody know path in OS X?

~/Library/Application Support/BitShares X/
That is it... Good by my first BTSX.. iSkySoft, EaseUS and Disk Drill powerless...

you can try to find any TXT / ASCII file and take a look into any of them .. they have JSON format ..

Offline 21xhipster

Look for a file with a .json extension. This is the standard wallet backup extension and the recent versions of the wallet made backups automatically. It would be in the BitSharesX/wallets/.backup directory (at least it is on Windows)

default-20141011T122643-version_upgrade.json is an example of a backup name. This file contains all your keys for accounts at the time it was made.

That is it... Good by my first BTSX.. iSkySoft, EaseUS and Disk Drill powerless...
« Last Edit: October 24, 2014, 11:14:33 am by 21xhipster »

Offline Riverhead

Offline 21xhipster

Offline Riverhead

Offline 21xhipster

Get undelete software. It's free a lot of the time and you'll be amazed what it will get back.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Google returned this for the 17 best free file recovery programs

... and I was only 95% sure before but it is confirmed... do not use that computer before trying the recovery program.
I have OS X. There was not so much there: 32k BTSX and 1 BitUSD ;-). But anyway it worth to recover - i like names i registered. Only raw recovery works (without names and directory structure).. So if you guys give me hint how can i guess proper file - that will help.

Offline Riverhead

« Last Edit: October 23, 2014, 11:36:05 pm by Riverhead »