Author Topic: !!! Stupid Questions Thread !!!  (Read 251460 times)

zerosum

Lets say I short BitBTC. There are zero sellers right now, so could the person who buys the BitBTC from my short then immediately put it up for sale at a super high price, requiring > 75% of my collateral to cover? Whats the thing Im missing that prevents this attack?

Just do it!

...and me (i.e. the market), if I catch you  - by placing a new short order after you fill yours. You can still close you short with your bitBTC, so losses up to 2-3 transaction fees i.e. almost nothing.

Offline speedy

• View Profile
  • BitShares: speedy
Lets say I short BitBTC. There are zero sellers right now, so could the person who buys the BitBTC from my short then immediately put it up for sale at a super high price, requiring > 75% of my collateral to cover? Whats the thing Im missing that prevents this attack?

Offline Riverhead

Nothing to do. You may want to move your balances from the Genesis block though in case your private keys from your other wallets gets compromised.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

I don't see the incremental 2yr vesting BTS so far.  Is that coming in a later wallet update?

Also, to move my balances from the Genesis block, do I just need to create a new account in the wallet & transfer them to that new account?  Or should I create a whole new wallet?  Thanks for the advice.
I'm not sure how the vesting will be implemented so I won't speak to that.

Since TITAN uses new addresses every transaction you can just send your balance to yourself. Updating your vote does this.

Offline kingslanding

• View Profile
Nothing to do. You may want to move your balances from the Genesis block though in case your private keys from your other wallets gets compromised.

I don't see the incremental 2yr vesting BTS so far.  Is that coming in a later wallet update?

Also, to move my balances from the Genesis block, do I just need to create a new account in the wallet & transfer them to that new account?  Or should I create a whole new wallet?  Thanks for the advice.
BTS username/address:   kingslanding9999

Offline Riverhead

Offline kingslanding

• View Profile
Ok really stupid question.   I installed the BTSX client back in July and imported by PTS and BTC wallets which gave me my share in BTSX.   Now with the merger and the client and vesting etc. do I need to do anything?  Should I get additional shares?   I really have no idea what is going anymore. 

I installed the latest BTS client and my original balance from BTSX is still there so that is good.   I reimported my BTC and PTS wallets thinking there were additional shares going to be added that would then vest over the next 2 years but nothing changed.   Is there some process I need to do or is everything pretty much supposed to stay the same?

I'm in the same boat, so same question for me.
BTS username/address:   kingslanding9999

Offline mfajma

• View Profile
Ok really stupid question.   I installed the BTSX client back in July and imported by PTS and BTC wallets which gave me my share in BTSX.   Now with the merger and the client and vesting etc. do I need to do anything?  Should I get additional shares?   I really have no idea what is going anymore. 

I installed the latest BTS client and my original balance from BTSX is still there so that is good.   I reimported my BTC and PTS wallets thinking there were additional shares going to be added that would then vest over the next 2 years but nothing changed.   Is there some process I need to do or is everything pretty much supposed to stay the same?

Offline lakerta06

Simple question: am I able to claim my vested shares, in the latest client?

Offline vlight

• View Profile
  • BitShares: vlight
Thanks, BM.

My problem is that i didn't know that i now have to own a BitAsset if i want to cover manually. So if i use all the BTS in the account, i wouldn't be able to cover, because there will not be enough funds to buy BitAsset required.

Offline liondani

• Inch by inch, play by play
    • View Profile
    • My detailed info
  • BitShares: liondani
  • GitHub: liondani
You cannot sell collateral.

only the system can do it on a forced margin call due to:
a)not enough collateral (less than 25% remaining),
b) 30 days cover expiration ...

right?

Offline bytemaster

You cannot sell collateral.
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline vlight

• View Profile

No reply, not even PM ? :o

I've covered a short order and it stole -0.000095 GOLD  from my current BitGold balance(in addition to 15.81082 BTS  received). Unless i'm missing something this is pretty serious. Why on earth i have to pay additional BitGold just to cover a position that i have already paid for in the past using BTSX. !? The same thing with other BitAssets.

Trx fee on cover op.

I've covered and got:

cover proceeds 161.52662 BTS
payoff debt -1.1944 USD

Still just a trx fee ? And where is "sell collateral"  ?

Offline bytemaster

I've covered a short order and it stole -0.000095 GOLD  from my current BitGold balance(in addition to 15.81082 BTS  received). Unless i'm missing something this is pretty serious. Why on earth i have to pay additional BitGold just to cover a position that i have already paid for in the past using BTSX. !? The same thing with other BitAssets.

Trx fee on cover op. 
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline vlight

• View Profile

« Last Edit: November 13, 2014, 01:04:48 pm by vlight »

Offline vlight

• View Profile
Can't cover and get this message:

"Account has no balance in asset to cover!"

wth, why does it try to reduce my current BitAsset balance !?

P.S. this is just a super small test order
« Last Edit: November 12, 2014, 10:32:02 pm by vlight »