Author Topic: !!! Stupid Questions Thread !!!  (Read 251348 times)

Offline pc

• View Profile
    • Bitcoin - Perspektive oder Risiko?
  • BitShares: cyrano
For your AGS you should have received a vested balance in BTS. Import the private keys of your AGS donation into the BTS client and issue the following console command:
Code: [Select]
wallet_check_sharedrop
I'm not sure if the vested balance also applies to DVS, but I wouldn't worry about that. DVS are practically worthless.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2015, 08:16:39 am by pc »
Bitcoin - Perspektive oder Risiko? ISBN 978-3-8442-6568-2 http://bitcoin.quisquis.de

Offline dritz3r

• View Profile
What can I get for my AGS. I donated BTC after Feb 28. I'am waiting for almost whole year and I'am little bit desperate. How can I claim DEV share? Do I need to wait for anything here or just accept that bitshares are another fraud in crypto-space. I read that social consensus is changed. Anything from now on start with BTS which I don't have. I'am sure that are many in my position, at lest I know 2 guys who invest in AGS on my recommendation. What can I say to them?

Offline jsidhu

• View Profile
Reliability is how many blocks your delegate produced in relation to what it should have. As long as it isn't in the top 101 it shouldn't have produced any, so it is impossible to compute how reliable it has been.

Thanks, I got it but I somehow thought that the standby delegates which have not produced a block yet also had reliability, was looking at the wrong column.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2015, 06:35:14 pm by jsidhu »
Hired by blockchain | Developer
delegate: dev.sidhujag

Offline pc

• View Profile
Reliability is how many blocks your delegate produced in relation to what it should have. As long as it isn't in the top 101 it shouldn't have produced any, so it is impossible to compute how reliable it has been.
Bitcoin - Perspektive oder Risiko? ISBN 978-3-8442-6568-2 http://bitcoin.quisquis.de

Offline jsidhu

• View Profile
Guys what is delegate reliability and how do I get my number up? it shows N/A next to my delegate on bitsharesblocks.com but I don't know what that means?
Hired by blockchain | Developer
delegate: dev.sidhujag

Offline bitcoinnoisseur

• View Profile
I accidentally registered my BitShares wallet under my fathers gmail account as I was using his Mac. I wasn't aware he was signed into Google Chrome. There is also no warning of which gmail account will be registered. I assumed I would have to enter it and the password. I do not want his gmail associated with my BitShares wallet and neither does he. Is there a way to change this and if not, what are the implications? I will have no access to his gmail.
There really is no link between your gmail account and the bitshares account .. AFAIK entering a valid mail address is only required as an entropy source for the random passphrase

There is NO association between your bitshares account and your gmail account ..
also note that NO ONE will ever be able to send you your passphrase as it is only stored in your brain .. no where else ..

so please take the backup advises serious

Thank you and will do.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
I accidentally registered my BitShares wallet under my fathers gmail account as I was using his Mac. I wasn't aware he was signed into Google Chrome. There is also no warning of which gmail account will be registered. I assumed I would have to enter it and the password. I do not want his gmail associated with my BitShares wallet and neither does he. Is there a way to change this and if not, what are the implications? I will have no access to his gmail.
There really is no link between your gmail account and the bitshares account .. AFAIK entering a valid mail address is only required as an entropy source for the random passphrase

There is NO association between your bitshares account and your gmail account ..
also note that NO ONE will ever be able to send you your passphrase as it is only stored in your brain .. no where else ..

so please take the backup advises serious

Offline bitcoinnoisseur

• View Profile

Offline pc

• View Profile
It will stay open until it has been filled.

Offline Bitcoinfan

• View Profile
What happens when I am in a short position in a very thin market and am forced into a cover at the end of 30 days.  Generally the rules state that I will have to buy the shorts in queue at or below feed.  However, what if the market does not have enough shorts for me to purchase and only is able to purchase a portion of my short position.  What then happens to the remainder of my cover?

Offline pc

• View Profile
Apparently cover orders work different from what I expected. My assumption was that cover orders will match any existing BID with a price greater than 90% of the feed price if
a) the order has expired, or
b) the feed price falls below the cover's limit.

But that's not what happened to CNY this morning. Several minutes after 09:00 GMT, "blockchain_market_list_covers CNY" returned (among others) this one:

The feed price at that time was around .078 CNY/BTS, and "blockchain_market_order_book CNY BTS" listed more than a dozen BID offers in the price range. It took almost half an hour until the cover was filled completely.

Why?

Found it: https://github.com/BitShares/bitshares/issues/1315

Offline liondani

• Inch by inch, play by play
    • View Profile
    • My detailed info
  • BitShares: liondani
  • GitHub: liondani
What are the steps to claim the vested funds?

wallet_collect_vested_balances <account_name>

I asked the same question the other day. ;)

thanks, time to short again some bitAssets  ;)

Tuck Fheman

wallet_collect_vested_balances <account_name>

I asked the same question the other day. ;)

Offline pc

• View Profile
Apparently cover orders work different from what I expected. My assumption was that cover orders will match any existing BID with a price greater than 90% of the feed price if
a) the order has expired, or
b) the feed price falls below the cover's limit.

But that's not what happened to CNY this morning. Several minutes after 09:00 GMT, "blockchain_market_list_covers CNY" returned (among others) this one:

Code: [Select]
{
    "type": "cover_order",
    "market_index": {
      "order_price": {
        "ratio": "0.005138307650792427",
        "quote_asset_id": 14,
        "base_asset_id": 0
      },
      "owner": "BTSPjk23hDW6vSjhUcn5Q3ariUoz5mGs6iqa"
    },
    "state": {
      "balance": 432219090,
      "limit_price": null,
      "last_update": "1970-01-01T00:00:00"
    },
    "collateral": 153654206553,
    "interest_rate": {
      "ratio": "0.0002",
      "quote_asset_id": 14,
      "base_asset_id": 0
    },
    "expiration": "2015-01-26T08:55:10"
  }

The feed price at that time was around .078 CNY/BTS, and "blockchain_market_order_book CNY BTS" listed more than a dozen BID offers in the price range. It took almost half an hour until the cover was filled completely.

Why?

(NB: the GUI displays the market differently. It swaps base and quote currency and inverts the price and BID/ASK offers.)

Offline liondani

• Inch by inch, play by play
    • View Profile
    • My detailed info
  • BitShares: liondani
  • GitHub: liondani