Author Topic: !!! Stupid Questions Thread !!!  (Read 251358 times)

Offline fractalnode

• View Profile
1. Why these trades are in yellow?

2. Why this transaction is Virtual?

Offline konelectric

Heya guys I really dont know if this is the right place to put this.

I am looking for a developer who is familiar with both ruby on rails and javascript to help me develop a game called SteemStars it is a game that is tied into the Steem blockchain.
Do tell more.
Tweeter: Konelectric. Steemit: Konelectric. Youtube: Patrick Konshak. Success Council: Yourship. Mumble: Yourship or Konelectric.

Offline raymonjohnstone

• View Profile
Heya guys I really dont know if this is the right place to put this.

I am looking for a developer who is familiar with both ruby on rails and javascript to help me develop a game called SteemStars it is a game that is tied into the Steem blockchain.

Offline fractalnode

• View Profile
1. two people have created two accounts with my referral link :
https://bitshares.openledger.info?r=myaccount

and when I go to https://cryptofresh.com/u/myaccount
a can't see any Referred Accounts

and here https://cryptofresh.com/u/openledger
I see : openledger register accountfrommyreflink

First of registered accounts has already made transactions, and the other does not.
Ref link is from LTM.

How to check my referrals?

2. how to accomplish entry looks like this on cryptofresh :
openledger register accountname thanks to bitshares-munich
« Last Edit: November 03, 2016, 01:31:21 am by marcobitshares »

Offline pc

• View Profile
    • Bitcoin - Perspektive oder Risiko?
  • BitShares: cyrano
I've got 1000 bitCNY DEBT and more then 1000 bitCNY in my Balances
How do I pay off debt?
  • Margin Call?
  • action > Close Position?

Not sure about where to click in the UI. My guess would be "Close Position". Definitely not Margin Call.

– after which rate my position will be closed? current settlement price?

You don't close it at a rate. You pay back the full debt, and you receive your collateral in exchange. All of it.
Bitcoin - Perspektive oder Risiko? ISBN 978-3-8442-6568-2 http://bitcoin.quisquis.de

Offline fractalnode

• View Profile
I've got 1000 bitCNY DEBT and more then 1000 bitCNY in my Balances
How do I pay off debt?
  • Margin Call?
  • action > Close Position? – after which rate my position will be closed? current settlement price?

« Last Edit: October 20, 2016, 02:41:36 pm by marcobitshares »

Offline fractalnode

• View Profile
How can I find BitShares proposals on cryptofresh.com? I have this direct link from forum http://cryptofresh.com/p/1.10.514 but I didn't find any link on cryptofresh that would lead me there.

https://cryptofresh.com/ballots

Offline fractalnode

• View Profile
could someone explain to me what are these things on pictures when a margin call occurs

This isn't a "margin call" exactly this shows a sell order (of bitCNY) that will execute soon (a force-settle). If there is not sufficient quantity in the buy wall then whoever owns the CNY with the least collateral will have their collateral used to buy the bitCNY, have the remainder of their collateral returned, plus be the proud owner of the bitCNY they just bought. Being force-settled like that isn't really bad, just annoying for the shorter. If you don't want it to happen to you make sure to properly collateralize your shorts! 250% is very safe, that's what I usually do.

Minor corrections:
* Forced settlements are never matched with market orders, they always execute against the least collateralized shorts.
* The settled bitassets aren't paid to the shorter, they are burned. The shorter's debt is adjusted accordingly.
* The remaining collateral is returned only if the short is filled completely.

Thanks @pc !!!

How do you send to someone not on bitshares?

@jetset1

« Last Edit: October 20, 2016, 02:29:58 pm by marcobitshares »

Offline pc

• View Profile
    • Bitcoin - Perspektive oder Risiko?
  • BitShares: cyrano
could someone explain to me what are these things on pictures when a margin call occurs

This isn't a "margin call" exactly this shows a sell order (of bitCNY) that will execute soon (a force-settle). If there is not sufficient quantity in the buy wall then whoever owns the CNY with the least collateral will have their collateral used to buy the bitCNY, have the remainder of their collateral returned, plus be the proud owner of the bitCNY they just bought. Being force-settled like that isn't really bad, just annoying for the shorter. If you don't want it to happen to you make sure to properly collateralize your shorts! 250% is very safe, that's what I usually do.

Minor corrections:
* Forced settlements are never matched with market orders, they always execute against the least collateralized shorts.
* The settled bitassets aren't paid to the shorter, they are burned. The shorter's debt is adjusted accordingly.
* The remaining collateral is returned only if the short is filled completely.
Bitcoin - Perspektive oder Risiko? ISBN 978-3-8442-6568-2 http://bitcoin.quisquis.de

Offline KenMonkey

• View Profile
  • BitShares: kmnk

This should be a on the real questions thread. I really am not 100% sure but I think I can answer

Offline KenMonkey

• View Profile
  • BitShares: kmnk

depends what asset you want to send them! What is the someone on? Do they buy into the fictional value of fiat currency? Do they only accept handjobs? Murals? Bitcoin? I'll include the likely options:

If you want to send bitshares they're gonna need a bitshares wallet. It takes 5 seconds... okay maybe 5 minutes including making a backup and figuring out the wallet. bitshares.openledger.info

If you want to send bitcoin then buy some open.btc:
   click on "withdraw/deposit" on the top row.
   select openledger as the transfer service
   select "withdraw"
   select "open.btc"
   click withdraw and enter in the amount and their BTC address

If you want to send fiat currency
   sell BTS for open.BTC
   transfer your BTC to Circle or some service that can move government currency to your silly bank account
   wait 3 days
   go to an ATM and withdraw the amount, put in envelope, write their name on it
   drive to your recipient
   put it in their silly hands and let them take care of the security problems you've just foisted on them

Offline jetset1

• View Profile

Offline fractalnode

• View Profile

and this extra table:
the price is different than the current buy/sell orders

Offline paliboy

How can I find BitShares proposals on cryptofresh.com? I have this direct link from forum http://cryptofresh.com/p/1.10.514 but I didn't find any link on cryptofresh that would lead me there.

Offline mr-whitekey

I really need a walk though of the multisig process.  It seems like the process is intuitive enough, but I am stuck and unable to actually get my multisig set up to work.

I have two accounts. account 1 and account 2
I have set the multisig process so that account 1 has the following permissions:
    threshold 100
    Account 1 has a weight of 50
    Account 2 has a weight of 50
    BTSskfdfdsfjkdsjflksdjfksdflksdfksdfsdklfjsdkfdkfskdjf  has a weight of 1

I set this up on account 1 and the net confirmed the new permission structure

Now as a test I went to disable this structure.
1) on Account 1 I went to permissions
2) Removed account 2 and changed the new threshold to 50 and left account 1 at weight 50 and BTSfksdfkjdsfklsdlkfdslkjflsdkjflksdjflsdjdsfklsdf at weight 1
3) I submitted this as a proposal which confirmed.
4) I went to account 2 and search for account 1 (while still logged in as account 2) and approved the proposal for account 2
5) the approval confirmed
6) I went to account one found the proposal and have tried to approve the proposal from account 1 and it says I do not have permission. It gives me the option of both account 1 or BTSdkfsdjfdsjfkjsdfkjdsfjksdfhkjasd, but neither work. What am I doing wrong?

In order to do this quickly I have one account open on the web wallet and one open on the desktop client.

Any help appreciated.   

« Last Edit: August 14, 2016, 10:36:09 pm by mr-whitekey »