Author Topic: !!! Stupid Questions Thread !!!  (Read 251442 times)

Offline rex

• View Profile
got in touch with support, they made a mistake when upgradin DEX, an left out the backup option under settings.....
to implement the backup optionalty again, will take 'em about a week, they said.

Offline rex

• View Profile
Hello folks,

openledger made some changes ....and under settings in the wallet mode there is no longer the backup option to be found....so how do I create a backup of the wallet now?

Offline rex

• View Profile
Thank you PC for your very thorough reply.

Offline pc

• View Profile
    • Bitcoin - Perspektive oder Risiko?
  • BitShares: cyrano
Hello PC, from your answer I get it that I pay already some fees for placing an order, indifferent of it being executed or not. that right?

You pay a fee for placing an order, but the fee is refunded if you cancel the order before it is (partially) filled.

so I should stop placing orders and cancelleing them because I am paying for it ?

That depends on your trading strategy. There's a lot of bots on the DEX that regularly place and cancel orders.
Keep in mind that the fee for placing an order is very low (currently 0.0121 BTS, see http://cryptofresh.com/fees ). Cancelling an order costs 10% of that, so effectively you get a 90% refund.
Bitcoin - Perspektive oder Risiko? ISBN 978-3-8442-6568-2 http://bitcoin.quisquis.de

Offline rex

• View Profile
Hello PC, from your answer I get it that I pay already some fees for placing an order, indifferent of it being executed or not. that right?
so I should stop placing orders and cancelleing them because I am paying for it ?
thanks for explaining.
rex

Offline pc

• View Profile
Hi guys, just wondering if I should be claiming this or what I should be doing with it?  Wasn't expecting it to be there . . .
___
Vesting balances contain any fees earned through the referral program or from worker pay for example. They have a certain vesting period and are continually unlocked during that vesting period until all funds are available

Balance #1.13.1502
Vesting balance amount   1.37569 BTS
Coin days earned   124 coin days
Coin days required   124 coin days
Days left of vesting period   days
Available to claim   100.00% / 1.37569 BTS
CLAIM NOW TRY TO CLAIM ALL
___

If you have a lifetime accout you will receive 80% of the transaction fees you have paid as cashback, in the form of a vesting balance. In order to spend these funds you have to claim them first, but note that claiming them costs a significant transaction fee. You should wait until your vesting balance has grown much bigger, otherwise you're just wasting your money.
Bitcoin - Perspektive oder Risiko? ISBN 978-3-8442-6568-2 http://bitcoin.quisquis.de

Offline pc

• View Profile
Does someone know how openledger charges their fees? does placing an order actually cost me the fee they show when placing the order, or do they charge me only when the order is executed.

What you call "openledger" is actually the BitShares DEX. Openledger is just a web frontend.

That said, in BitShares there are two types of fees that come into play while trading:

1. Transaction fees, paid to the network. Placing an order on the DEX costs a transaction fee (just like transferring stuff to another account). This fee is deducted from your balance immediately. If you cancel the order before it was at least partially filled, most of the transaction fee will be returned to your wallet.

2. Market fees paid to the issuer of the asset you're buying. Whenever someone creates a token in BitShares, they can specify a percentage of the trading volume they will receive as a fee. Buying BTS or most of the blockchain's SmartCoins does not cost a market fee. Buying user issued assets, like OPEN.BTC for example, will cost a market fee. That fee only applies when an actual trade occurs, and only for the volume being traded.

Offline 3beanzz

• @beanz on steemit.com
    • View Profile
    • V.O.T.U. Studios
  • BitShares: BEANZ-3NA
Hi guys, just wondering if I should be claiming this or what I should be doing with it?  Wasn't expecting it to be there . . .
___
Vesting balances contain any fees earned through the referral program or from worker pay for example. They have a certain vesting period and are continually unlocked during that vesting period until all funds are available

Balance #1.13.1502
Vesting balance amount   1.37569 BTS
Coin days earned   124 coin days
Coin days required   124 coin days
Days left of vesting period   days
Available to claim   100.00% / 1.37569 BTS
CLAIM NOW TRY TO CLAIM ALL
___

Offline rex

• View Profile
Does someone know how openledger charges their fees? does placing an order actually cost me the fee they show when placing the order, or do they charge me only when the order is executed.

Offline rex

• View Profile
hello community,
I accidentally deposited BTC from my wallet to my openledger USDT wallet address, does someone know how to retrieve the coins?
openeldger support is already checking, until now no response.
the transaction is there with error "adress could not be verifed" on the chain.

Offline nmywn

• View Profile
I don't know much about USDT . But I can see it is similar to BTC, so address is valid on bitcoin blockchain. You can check this on Blockchain.info - type your USDT address in search box. Good news is (at least that google said)  your USDT keys will work on BTC blockchain, but I don't know how to import.

Offline rex

• View Profile
Hello nmywn, something more pressing,
what happens with the following transaction,:

I wrongfully entered my USDT adress into a btc withdrawal to openledger, and only recognised it after confirming the transaction. can you please share your thougts on this with me?
how does dis affect the blockchain, where did the coins go, what does it mean,....lost in space?
thank you for your sharing your kowledge on this......
rex

Offline rex

• View Profile
thankyou nmywn,
so the private key is just some technical sequence and unknown to me. I can change the sequence if I think it is necessary without having to write something down for later recovery, because that is the brainkey for -
even mor keys: would you recommend adjusting active permission / owner permissionkeys, if I am lone user....should I give someone permissions for saftey reasons ?

Offline nmywn

• View Profile
1. Backup hold your keys, so it's allways the same as long as you don't change them -  I'm far from being an expert here. Anyway, your old backup will work.
2. Brainkey is the seed (literally). Your keys were generated from that phrase. That phrase is enough to bring back your account if your backup or password is lost.

Offline rex

• View Profile
thank you  nmywn,
you are very considerate, yes with every new day i get more confident....but until i will understand everything I m doing a decade hast to pass...
more questions,
1.backups have a time stamp and are therefore different, what if I loose the newest one but have access to older backups?
2. what is the difference between brain key an private key?