Author Topic: NuBits  (Read 81583 times)

Offline liondani

• Inch by inch, play by play
    • View Profile
    • My detailed info
  • BitShares: liondani
  • GitHub: liondani
1. the homepage has much more information at this point in time than we provide
2. they have already plans for integration and give Nubits purpose. We should do it as well. bitUSD has to be used!

valid points!

+5%

Offline toast

• View Profile
  • BitShares: nikolai
We should add NuShares as a market-pegged asset  =P
Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
Btw, there is also some totaly unrelated NoirShare which plans NoirBits and also has somekind of DAC .. but don't ask me?!

Offline emski

• View Profile
    • http://lnkd.in/nPbhxG

Our solution to inflation is to reduce the money supply and release it when demand is high. Like a central bank does. Sounds like a proven methodology, doesn't it?

BTW I'm Cybnate, from the peercointalk forums and discuss.nubits.com forum. Nice to meet you.

How will the money supply be reduced and released ?

Offline Shentist

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
    • metaexchange
  • BitShares: shentist
if you call BTSX complicated Nubits is much more complicated

what i am buying on BTER and CCEDK at the moment Nushares or Nubits? i thought NBT is a Nubit, but then on the exchange the price is already overpriced. If its Nushares i don't get it why it is called NBT.

what i don't like in Nubits

1. some "trusted" 70% of nushares are granted, to everyone but not me.
2. you create Nubits with "voting" (this is really from thin air) and if the trust is broken they will call it a ponzi scheme (BTSX is called it at well)

no need to invest at the moment, to much in the dark

what i like

1. the homepage has much more information at this point in time than we provide
2. they have already plans for integration and give Nubits purpose. We should do it as well. bitUSD has to be used!

Offline tonyk

• View Profile

It's now clear that NuBits is the first true competitor to BitUSD. The race will be decided by these three factors, in no particular order
1. Community
2. Interest paid on the asset
3. Price Stability

I will spare everybody the words I said after reading this...

I will smoothen them to "You just do not know what you are talking about!"

Lack of arbitrage is the problem, isn't it. And this 'should' solves it.

Offline cybnate

• Observer
    • View Profile
    • Nubits website
Why do you think it's outrageous? Is it because their solution to inflation is more inflation? Haha

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2
Our solution to inflation is to reduce the money supply and release it when demand is high. Like a central bank does. Sounds like a proven methodology, doesn't it?

BTW I'm Cybnate, from the peercointalk forums and discuss.nubits.com forum. Nice to meet you.

Offline James212

• View Profile

It's now clear that NuBits is the first true competitor to BitUSD. The race will be decided by these three factors, in no particular order
1. Community
2. Interest paid on the asset
3. Price Stability

4. Marketing

+5% +5%
BTS: theangelwaveproject

Offline donkeypong

• View Profile
More centralization? I'll pass on NuBits, thanks.

Offline tonyk

• View Profile
From what I can tell they use voting to set interest rates...

They are also thinking of being closed source because they are worried we might copy them (due to my comments on this thread).

copy yourself (?)

... they are too greedy to honour  20% to AGS @ PTS holders  :P

When BM starting implementing something like NuBit, will be my last day in crypto!
I promise!

TonyK

Offline bytemaster

They are also thinking of being closed source because they are worried we might copy them (due to my comments on this thread).

copy yourself (?)

What they are doing is NOTHING like what we are doing... it all depends upon trust in a central authority to perform market intervention to buy back NuBits.....

The only way the central authority can buy back NuBits it sells... is to raise capital by selling NuShares.... thus a NuBit represents nothing other than "naked short" of the dollar vs NuShares.
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline liondani

• Inch by inch, play by play
    • View Profile
    • My detailed info
  • BitShares: liondani
  • GitHub: liondani

copy yourself (?)

Offline biophil

• Professor of Computer Science
    • View Profile
    • My Academic Website
  • BitShares: biophil

They can't be closed source and be successful

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NuBits was never intended to be close sourced forever. It will become open source in time.

With current scheme they cannot be successful period. Make themselves rich? maybe.

Do you think you could post in detail why it will not work? It seems NBT sales are doing very well at the moment with very little exposure/coverage. It's been out for 6 hours and you're already 100% sure it's going to fail?

It is long explanation - in short they issue money based on a decision of the Nushare holders, and  enforce the peg on centralized exchanges. Support for the peg is also provided by giving interest. The decision if and how much interest is to be paid is done by vote of the NuShares holders. NuShares are distributed to 'trusted parties', read insider clique.

It is the same as you and me saying - here are some dollars (NuBits), we promise to find you people to always buy your NuBits at $1 a piece. If we happen to sell more NuBits than necessary, we will vote and give you some interest...
I collect outrageous ideas (and IPOs ideas) in crypto space. One day I will publish them as an entertaining reading - NuBit/Nushares will make one of the better chapters....

Why do you think it's outrageous? Is it because their solution to inflation is more inflation? Haha

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

Support our research efforts to improve BitAsset price-pegging! Vote for worker 1.14.204 "201907-uccs-research-project."

Offline tonyk

• View Profile

NuBits was never intended to be close sourced forever. It will become open source in time.

With current scheme they cannot be successful period. Make themselves rich? maybe.

Do you think you could post in detail why it will not work? It seems NBT sales are doing very well at the moment with very little exposure/coverage. It's been out for 6 hours and you're already 100% sure it's going to fail?

It is long explanation - in short they issue money based on a decision of the Nushare holders, and  enforce the peg on centralized exchanges. Support for the peg is also provided by giving interest. The decision if and how much interest is to be paid is done by vote of the NuShares holders. NuShares are distributed to 'trusted parties', read insider clique.

It is the same as you and me saying - here are some dollars (NuBits), we promise to find you people to always buy your NuBits at $1 a piece. If we happen to sell more NuBits than necessary, we will vote and give you some interest...
I collect outrageous ideas (and IPOs ideas) in crypto space. One day I will publish them as an entertaining reading - NuBit/Nushares will make one of the better chapters....

Offline shadowbroker2

• View Profile