Author Topic: Proposal to Resolve a Million Issues at Once  (Read 108837 times)

Offline yellowecho

Is VOTE dac an independant dac and are they still getting its own bitUSD debit card (for their own version of bitUSD) or are they on the same blockchain as BTSX with this proposal?

This proposal is to bring them all on to one chain.. no BitUSD competitors.

My proposal:Bring DAC\PTS\AGS    to BTSX Chain as assets,that way they can be trade with BitUSD,the value no need to leave the system,

and this way,you don't have to change the total supply of BTSX,no need to confront the PTSer/AGSer,and still accomplish the goal of BitUSD for
all dac----DAC notes can be trade on BTSX with BitUSD,BTSX can have all the function and all the value,without dilution of BTSX and buy the PTS/AGSer out to fuse their anger.

It would be a compromise.

+5% +5% +5% +5%

+5% Very similar to my suggestion above:  https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=10148.msg132921#msg132921

Though I certainly prefer my suggestion as it keeps the original social contract and provides long term stability for investors.
696c6f766562726f776e696573

Offline muse-umum

• BitShares everything
    • View Profile
Is VOTE dac an independant dac and are they still getting its own bitUSD debit card (for their own version of bitUSD) or are they on the same blockchain as BTSX with this proposal?

This proposal is to bring them all on to one chain.. no BitUSD competitors.

My proposal:Bring DAC\PTS\AGS    to BTSX Chain as assets,that way they can be trade with BitUSD,the value no need to leave the system,

and this way,you don't have to change the total supply of BTSX,no need to confront the PTSer/AGSer,and still accomplish the goal of BitUSD for
all dac----DAC notes can be trade on BTSX with BitUSD,BTSX can have all the function and all the value,without dilution of BTSX and buy the PTS/AGSer out to fuse their anger.

It would be a compromise.

+5% +5% +5% +5%

Offline amatoB

• View Profile
I have a feeling their is more going on behind the scenes. Maybe money is getting tight, maybe no marketing push or talks have fallen through with on-off ramps.

I am just not seeing the logic of the great need to change so many things at once.

Nothing going on behind the scenes... we have been very transparent.   I am just looking 1 year ahead... our finances are perfectly fine at the moment.   I am being transparent about the fact that our resources are currently divided into "Pre/Post Feb 28th"....

I also want to DECENTRALIZE development and financing to future proof the chains.   I want to avoid dividing my attention and clean up all loose ends.

Reading this thread a few hours after I originally responded, I am very glad to see how much support this proposal has gotten. Not everyone is pleased and there are valid concerns. But the strong support for BM's proposal is much more widespread than I would have guessed. This bodes very well for the new BitShares.

donkeypong,

In general, I respect your views and your conciliatory manner. You've consistently supported Bitshares from nearly the beginning.

However, I disagree with your positive assessment about the proposal. The market is clearly  flashing red warning signals that it would be unwise to ignore.

Offline daidai

• View Profile
the price of BTSX is down and down,that the holders are losing their confidence.
BM should think of the "idea" one time more before post to discuss.
Because you are a leader now,there are too many people focus on your "idea".

obviously,this idea is very premature because it can't get the support from all of BTSX/PTS/AGS holders.that's why DNS/PTS/BTSX's price all fall down so quickly!!!
« Last Edit: October 19, 2014, 03:51:46 pm by 代代 »

lzr1900

Offline yellowecho

1) Drop all other BitShares brands.... rename BitShares X to just BitShares
2) End PTS...  BitShares will evolve to incorporate every possible feature that stakeholders vote on.
3) If there is a clone then it should start out with stakeholders it thinks are best... because BitShares holders are uniting.
4) Add stake holder approved dilution without limit to BitShares X.
5) Bring in all AGS holders and given them a stake in BitShares X that cannot be moved for 6 months... the ratio that this stake should be given should be equal to PTS market cap... so $5 million or 10% dilution of BTSX allocated to these individuals.    This is effectively BTSX buying out our competition. 
6) Bring in one last PTS snapshot also valued at $5 million for another 10% dilution of BTSX... 6 months until funds could be spent... buy out this competition and end PTS.
7) Our team will focus on no other DACs other than BitShares in general and work to make it the most robust and *FLEXIBLE* DAC out there. 

I think focus and consolidation would be positive for the brand and shareholders.  As a PTS and AGS holder, I don't have a problem with BTSX buying out my position but I think we should do it carefully and clearly.

So here's my proposed adjustment..
Why not create a bitBond/bitSecurity to which 50% would be allocated to AGS and 50% would be allocated to PTS?  Since social consensus says 10% should be allocated to each, the bond could pay 10% interest annualized to start with a voting mechanism to adjust the interest rate after the first year.  This would simplify things so much because AGS would be semi-liquid which is value gained for them, PTS would be upgraded to a DPoS bond paying set interest which is also value gained..also much greater stability!, and BTSX would have a securitized stable bond to add to its asset portfolio and would be able to simplify its branding which is also value gained.  Such an idea would not break the social contract behind AGS/PTS (besides making AGS semi-liquid but whatever) and everyone wins!  I've always thought of AGS/PTS as being long-term investment vehicles anyway so thinking of them as bonds/securities makes sense to me anyway.  Further, the 10% interest would basically be the same thing as 10% stake as all DACs would use the same bitUSD.  Thoughts?
« Last Edit: October 19, 2014, 03:46:06 pm by yellowecho »
696c6f766562726f776e696573

Offline muse-umum

• BitShares everything
    • View Profile
I think if we were to make one BTS(BTSX) rule the others (DNS, MUSIC,VOTE..), they could be listed as assets on BTSX chain.

For example, asset Note is created with cap 1.5 billion, and the allocations are exactly the same as the ones cob is implementing. In other words, if AGS/PTS can get at least 10% each, then we are not breaking the social consensus. And no need to dilute BTSX.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2014, 03:29:18 pm by heyD »

Offline kbrom

• View Profile
个人觉得如果比特股只有一个X,集成了太多功能,也许会很臃肿和杂乱,同时增加了系统的风险性,也更容易被山寨。
能否让基于I3的DACS各自独立,但是跑在同一个块链上,使用共同的101个代表,从而使USD可以在不同的DAC间流动?
发行USD的权力只限于BITSX,这样USD就只有一种,保持了BTSX的核心竞争力,如果某个DAC成功,对USD的需求就会增多,提升了BTSX的价值,多赢的局面,而某个DAC不成功也不会对整个生态圈造成什么影响。这样所有基于TOOLKIT的这些DACS组成了一个强大的生态圈。不知技术上是否可行?
区块和代表可以就用BTSX的,或者其他更好的方案。
请能看懂中文的大神帮忙翻一下!~谢了。。

:)

Offline donkeypong

• View Profile
I have a feeling their is more going on behind the scenes. Maybe money is getting tight, maybe no marketing push or talks have fallen through with on-off ramps.

I am just not seeing the logic of the great need to change so many things at once.

Nothing going on behind the scenes... we have been very transparent.   I am just looking 1 year ahead... our finances are perfectly fine at the moment.   I am being transparent about the fact that our resources are currently divided into "Pre/Post Feb 28th"....

I also want to DECENTRALIZE development and financing to future proof the chains.   I want to avoid dividing my attention and clean up all loose ends.

Reading this thread a few hours after I originally responded, I am very glad to see how much support this proposal has gotten. Not everyone is pleased and there are valid concerns. But the strong support for BM's proposal is much more widespread than I would have guessed. This bodes very well for the new BitShares.

Offline bytemaster

For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline kisa

• View Profile
BTER.COM/TRADE/DNS_BTC

VOTE stakes are out there for pre-snapshot PTS holders. Not yet tradeable.

Can you please explain this further. What is this?

I have some PTS, some AGS. Do I have to "retreive" my "VOTEs" like we did in BTSX? Is that already possible?

After I get these "VOTEs" does that mean I can trade them on the Bter link you gave?

not sure about AGS, apologies... Yes I believe you would "retrieve" your VOTEs like it was with BTSX and DNS earlier and those were supposed to become tradeable on exchanges like Bter. Now however the whole thing seems to get redesigned. Unless I am really on top of what's going on (which I am not due to my tech and time limitations), just trying to follow things which I can understand, and sofar happy to wait with any investment / reallocation / trading decisions. My intuition tells me that its difficult to optimise now with my limited understanding of the process, and that holding some BTSX and some PTS gives one a decent chance of being with the leading boat when the sky clears ;)
« Last Edit: October 19, 2014, 03:19:07 pm by kisa0145 »

Offline BldSwtTrs

• View Profile

I think it's the logical conclusion once you realize that BTS VOTE would be better with BitUSD, but BSTX would be worse off.

Once you realize that, you have a choice to make:
- favor BTSX
- favor VOTE
- aligns the interests between VOTE and BTSX (and have synergies with a bigger network effect and the streamlining of the marketing)
« Last Edit: October 19, 2014, 03:15:30 pm by BldSwtTrs »

Offline GaltReport

It's like that scene in the Godfather when Michael settled all family business:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EfbYp9oaIT8

except without whacking anybody (fingers crossed!)
« Last Edit: October 19, 2014, 03:05:47 pm by GaltReport »

Offline Gentso1

• View Profile
  • BitShares: gentso

Offline 天籁

• View Profile