Author Topic: BitShares REloaded Site is up! The New BitShares.org Check it out!  (Read 32646 times)

Offline MktDirector

• View Profile
Some great suggestions here.... give me and Cass some time to go through them and do some more edits/updates based on the feedback.  B

Offline Empirical1.1

• View Profile
Great work Cass :)

I don't expect much to be changed, just giving my feedback...

My impression - The main part missing from all of it is the 'how', the 'what' content is also sometimes a bit unspecific.

I disagree with the full on mainstream angle but if they are going that route there should at least be a simple succinct 'how it works' page imo. The advantages of a blockchain are essentially the USP of BitShares. (I also asked a few friends what they thought and they said it was 'fine/good, a bit fluffy, fine as an intro but then needs to go into more detail.') - So the 'how it works' page could solve that.

Also most other services are provided by centralised, regulated companies and so it might be PR negative if you're seen to be advertising something similar to financial services without clearly disclosing/explaining that & how BitShares is different imo.

I would personally re-arrange the pages in this order...

1. Profitable - I would choose a different graphic, something that says profit more. I would also like to give them an idea of the interest, 'currently averaging % P.A'
2. Secure - Liked the wording, I would move the vault graphic from 'profitable' to here.
3. Low Cost - Didn't really like the wording nothing better springs to mind though.
4. Instant - Maybe specifically mention worldwide transaction times of 5-10 seconds.
5. Flexible - Fine, liked the graphic.
6. Limitless - Liked the graphic and content

Then a clear link to the 'How BitShares Works' page

The merchants list - (Cold, rainy street that's not that busy is a poor choice for main graphic imo, really bustling marketplace would be preferable.)

The rest of the content is good. I don't know if it's worth being blatantly clear somewhere, maybe under 'Your Business is your business'  -  'With BitShares all your sales & income are completely private.' I would even put that at/nearer the top.

I know these things constantly change but again something specific about current transaction fees and average interest rates, perhaps updated weekly, gives people something specific to compare.

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
No, Rune is absolutely correct. It's obvious you guys are trying to target my parents but the problem is my parents will never be interested in Bitshares unless I set up an account for them and explain what it is. You guys have your target audience completely wrong; you should be speaking to likely early adopters. As a marketer, if I send traffic to bitshares.org, there is no way it will convert into either wallet downloads or buyers because it fails to explain what the concept actually is in any meaningful way. It's just a mash of buzzwords. Be clear, not clever.

I agree. I think at this point we need to target early adopters/more sophisticated audience. Overall the landing page looks good - nice and sleek, but let's provide early adopters with some more info.

Also I think we are completely missing another very important group - developers. BitShares is most advanced crypto platform, ultimate money API, let's communicate this better to developers. I would put DEVELOPERS link before MERCHANTS - we expect developers to build tools that would be used by merchants.
And probably there should be a special page targeting TRADERS, so we can have these links on top:
TRADERS MERCHANTS DEVELOPERS
each link leads to special landing page targeting this specific group.
So bitshares.org front page targets general audience, the one who can put himself into more specific category would click it on the top link to read information more specific to him. Or if marketing campaign targets specific group it can directly link to more specialized landing page.

Yes valzav developers are on our list!
They will get their own section like merchants and then with introduction on API etc. all stuff there!
This is just the beginning IMO …

pls check https://squareup.com and www.ripple.com

IMO if get it worked to combine those site concepts, from design point of view square and from then content point of view ripple ... then
we hit the goal…

█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

Offline valzav

• View Profile
No, Rune is absolutely correct. It's obvious you guys are trying to target my parents but the problem is my parents will never be interested in Bitshares unless I set up an account for them and explain what it is. You guys have your target audience completely wrong; you should be speaking to likely early adopters. As a marketer, if I send traffic to bitshares.org, there is no way it will convert into either wallet downloads or buyers because it fails to explain what the concept actually is in any meaningful way. It's just a mash of buzzwords. Be clear, not clever.

I agree. I think at this point we need to target early adopters/more sophisticated audience. Overall the landing page looks good - nice and sleek, but let's provide early adopters with some more info.

Also I think we are completely missing another very important group - developers. BitShares is most advanced crypto platform, ultimate money API, let's communicate this better to developers. I would put DEVELOPERS link before MERCHANTS - we expect developers to build tools that would be used by merchants.
And probably there should be a special page targeting TRADERS, so we can have these links on top:
TRADERS MERCHANTS DEVELOPERS
each link leads to special landing page targeting this specific group.
So bitshares.org front page targets general audience, the one who can put himself into more specific category would click it on the top link to read information more specific to him. Or if marketing campaign targets specific group it can directly link to more specialized landing page.

Offline santaclause102

• View Profile
...but due the new delegate programm and the possibilites, i'm hoping to see dozens of sites out there in a few weeks/month
+5% since there is no invictus anymore. Anyone (those that run as paid delegates would have the ressources) can make a site and promote BitShares to an different target group and make money by being paid as a delegate.

I would LOVE to see Methodx doing that since he has great ideas and a solid practicable perspective on doing business!

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
First thanks for working on the site to get this done.

It seems like you have a great amount of feed back so I will leave that to others as you have some good suggestions here.I did want to add the sizing  is off on the main page when viewing in chrome on a google nexus phone, the N and D in Sound is cut off. The links display at the top but the text color and background color are to close to the same and its barley visible.

I only have one question, is Cass the only person actually working on the site? Let me clarify, is he the only one with hands on the keyboard, uploading and creating images and doing the coding?

It's a wordpress theme, so anyone can be given access to change the content. The coding is very minimal.

Yes you're right about that when you start ... but later on if you want to develop on top of this ... then  more coding skills are needed ...
As everytime the main problem is time we not had… if you want to develop a wp theme with these possibilites to scale with the community…
you minimal need:

- min. 8-10 days screendesigns & revisions
- min. 8-10 days for implementing screendesigns and transforming into a theme (you have to develop both - front,- & backend of theme)

on a 1-2 man show…just said

...but due the new delegate programm and the possibilites, i'm hoping to see dozens of sites out there in a few weeks/month :)

« Last Edit: November 20, 2014, 04:38:56 pm by cass »
█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

Offline Gentso1

• View Profile
  • BitShares: gentso

It seems like you have a great amount of feed back so I will leave that to others as you have some good suggestions here.I did want to add the sizing  is off on the main page when viewing in chrome on a google nexus phone, the N and D in Sound is cut off. The links display at the top but the text color and background color are to close to the same and its barley visible.

I only have one question, is Cass the only person actually working on the site? Let me clarify, is he the only one with hands on the keyboard, uploading and creating images and doing the coding?

It's a wordpress theme, so anyone can be given access to change the content. The coding is very minimal.

Thanks.

I am trying to understand why it took so long to get up and why its very unpolished given the amount of time it was worked on.

I don't mean for the statement to sound insulting.

I am guessing you can only put it together as quickly as you are given content?

Offline emski

• View Profile
    • http://lnkd.in/nPbhxG
I've missed this thread.
Parts of the letters are missing - win 8 64 , firefox 33.1.1 and chrome
Here is a screenshot:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/4kdp2028g0llobw/bts.png?dl=0

Offline Method-X

• VIRAL
    • View Profile
    • Learn to code
  • BitShares: methodx

Offline Gentso1

• View Profile
  • BitShares: gentso

Offline carpet ride

• View Profile
If we were able to shows pictures of the wallet and demonstrate its benefits step by step while pointing to its features, this website would be a lot easier to create

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
All opinions are my own. Anything said on this forum does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation between myself and anyone else.
Check out my blog: http://CertainAssets.com
Buy the ticket, take the ride.

Offline liondani

• Inch by inch, play by play
    • View Profile
    • My detailed info
  • BitShares: liondani
  • GitHub: liondani
You can look at every 2.0 project and find nice catchy looking websites. What we need are partnerships to harness the distinct advantage of BitShares.

+5%

...but don't underestimate "marketing"

Offline speedy

• View Profile
  • BitShares: speedy
I think BitShares has always been about the superior technology, not the marketing.

This crypto has a secret weapon that no other cyrpto has - user's can buy $1 worth of stable asset, resulting in $3 worth of the underlying shares being taken off the market. That's what will eventually drive up the market cap.

So isnt that what we should be focusing on? Making partnerships with companies that want to provide their customers with exposure to gold, silver (and even bitcoin). For example a company like Bitreserve wants to create stability by swapping their customer's Bitcoin for stable assets like gold and dollars. They could use BitAssets as the backend collateral.

Perhaps BitShares is more of a company-to-company kind of business as opposed to one that is instantly appealing to consumers.

You can look at every 2.0 project and find nice catchy looking websites. What we need are partnerships to harness the distinct advantage of BitShares.

Offline liondani

• Inch by inch, play by play
    • View Profile
    • My detailed info
  • BitShares: liondani
  • GitHub: liondani
The design and feeling of the site is of course much better than the last one (I don't mean x-info)...
 +5% for that.... But since I think we deserve(?) at least the second place in crypto world right now, I will be really happy only if we have a better site than our competitor...

https://ripple.com/

I will be honest and say that I wished bitshares had the site of ... ripple ... (I couldn't imagine something better than that, even the messages they deliver fit perfectly for us too))
On the other hand I suppose it has cost ripple much more funds than it has cost for us to do it.
So if the "value for money" indicator is better for us, I am perfectly ok with that  ;)

PS are we going to have details about how much funds we needed to spend to have this done?
« Last Edit: November 20, 2014, 02:25:12 pm by liondani »

TurkeyLeg

Outstanding effort being put forth by Cass et al. Thank you :-).