Author Topic: BitShares REloaded Site is up! The New BitShares.org Check it out!  (Read 32414 times)

Offline rgcrypto

• View Profile
    • Cryptoctopus Blog
Great design!

Here is my input:

What is the marketing function of the website? To drive Downloads?
If that is the goal, you did it well.

I think a valuable thing to think about is lead generation. Maybe after the download page you can offer something of value(BTS, ebook, video serie, shareholder newsletter) in exchange for their email adress.

Building an email list to communicate with the community would be valuable. With that marketing asset, you could build a better glue in the shareholder community, the dev community, drive traffic to new videos, etc.

On the internet, email is still king.

Keep up the good work. +5%

Offline hpenvy

• View Profile
Another great looking site.

http://test.casheer.net/

Within a few seconds, I know what's going on with the product.
=============
btsx address: hpenvy
Tips appreciated for good work

Offline anycoin

• View Profile
Great site.....there needs to be a download link for linux.......I only saw  Windows and Mac

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
@cass .. the "NEWS" link does not have the nice bar/underline showing up on hover ... is that just here or on purpose?

ff and linux, right? :) works for me ... any other have same issue, pls let me know ...
█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
@cass .. the "NEWS" link does not have the nice bar/underline showing up on hover ... is that just here or on purpose?

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
IIRC someone said that the marketing team has some 9+ videos in the queue already ..

Offline islandking

• The king of the island
    • View Profile
(We are discussing a video as a possibility)

Brian,
I think that a video would be an excellent idea. People are very visual and you only have so much time to capture their attention. People will not read 20 pages to understand the concept but they will watch a video.
I've been working on a new electronic cash system that's fully peer-to-peer, with no trusted third party. - Satoshi

Offline MktDirector

• View Profile
Yes, certainly.  We have another site that will be just for complete newbies that Murderistic and team are working on.  So, yes, there will be separate "funnel" sites that are very targeted to specific niches.... bitshares.org is primarily an information/brand/and identity site, not primarily a marketing site.  Just keep that in mind.  Will be sharing the other site once it's up...murderistic may be able to give some ideas/input on this as well..... b

Offline donkeypong

• View Profile
Hey team.   

So most of the usability/error edits have been looked over and are in the process of being fixed now. Thank you for letting us know what they are. 

As far as the target audience and message of the site (something a lot of people mentioned), the concept for the new site was gone over at length with Bytemaster and other members of the core team in VA before we began working on it, and it was decided that the main target market would be primarily individual users and merchants. 

It was also discussed that the site would be simpler and focused on benefits/features of the core product only (BitShares).  As you can see, we stripped away a LOT of the old content from the site and aimed to make BitShares much simpler than it was before with only one core service and a lot less side "products."

With that being said, Agreed - we need more content and fleshing out of the description of what BitShares is, and we're working on that now. (We are discussing a video as a possibility).  Some of your suggestions on additional content/explanation are awesome. I've reached out directly to a few of you today, to ask permission to use some of your ideas and words on the site. This week we'll aiming to get that done.... 

Please revisit the site this weekend, and then post up new ideas or feedback as you think of them. Keep in mind, we can't incorporate every single idea or suggestion, but we are definitely seeing the site through all of your eyes and taking the feedback to heart.  BitShares.org will never "arrive" at perfection, but will be a continual work of improvement.   

Thanks and keep the ideas coming.... B

Brian and Cass and team, I think the site looks terrific. Work in progress, but it's a big big improvement. You guys deserve our thanks.

Question: It's important to have a core identity. But would it be possible to have different landing sites or page destinations for different funnels and target groups?

Offline MktDirector

• View Profile
Hey team.   

So most of the usability/error edits have been looked over and are in the process of being fixed now. Thank you for letting us know what they are. 

As far as the target audience and message of the site (something a lot of people mentioned), the concept for the new site was gone over at length with Bytemaster and other members of the core team in VA before we began working on it, and it was decided that the main target market would be primarily individual users and merchants. 

It was also discussed that the site would be simpler and focused on benefits/features of the core product only (BitShares).  As you can see, we stripped away a LOT of the old content from the site and aimed to make BitShares much simpler than it was before with only one core service and a lot less side "products."

With that being said, Agreed - we need more content and fleshing out of the description of what BitShares is, and we're working on that now. (We are discussing a video as a possibility).  Some of your suggestions on additional content/explanation are awesome. I've reached out directly to a few of you today, to ask permission to use some of your ideas and words on the site. This week we'll aiming to get that done.... 

Please revisit the site this weekend, and then post up new ideas or feedback as you think of them. Keep in mind, we can't incorporate every single idea or suggestion, but we are definitely seeing the site through all of your eyes and taking the feedback to heart.  BitShares.org will never "arrive" at perfection, but will be a continual work of improvement.   

Thanks and keep the ideas coming.... B

Offline Rune

• View Profile
sorry to nitpick but was any consensus reached on the phrasing of:

"BitShares is trustworthy yet requires you trust no one"

it just feels like a forced sentence (I have to add I am not a native english speaker), it seems a bit negative (as in TRUST NO ONE!) and it gives a feeling of 'how do I have to interpret this' which should not be the case with these 'catchphrases'.

Can it not be rephrased more in the line of:

Bitshares is trustworthy and/yet does not require you to trust anyone...

I do like the other catchphrases!

I hope all the text will be changed. The way it is now is not presentable, the headline is especially bad.

Offline vladvlad

• View Profile
sorry to nitpick but was any consensus reached on the phrasing of:

"BitShares is trustworthy yet requires you trust no one"

it just feels like a forced sentence (I have to add I am not a native english speaker), it seems a bit negative (as in TRUST NO ONE!) and it gives a feeling of 'how do I have to interpret this' which should not be the case with these 'catchphrases'.

Can it not be rephrased more in the line of:

Bitshares is trustworthy and/yet does not require you to trust anyone...

I do like the other catchphrases!

Offline Rune

• View Profile
What's the status om updating the website so we can begin pointing leads to it?

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile

Why does the Download page have a 32bit and a 64bit windows download ... both pointing to THE SAME exe download file?

Can we have a SOURCES link to github there instead?!

PS: main menu has MUCH better contrast now!! +5%

problem with source links to github is chinese slow loading problem (have to address this issue later on) etc. i'm uploading wallet files directly to .org and then publish also sha1 etc.

Good. Have it done?

yup

http://bitshares.org/downloads/

http://bitshares.org/download/client/BitShares-v0.4.24.exe
http://bitshares.org/download/client/BitShares-v0.4.24.dmg

Windows installer is unified now and will install 32 bit version or 64 bit version depending on your system. Unnecessary to mention bitness to the users.

ok thx for info
█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█