Author Topic: Introducing Sparkle - BitShares meets Proof of Work.  (Read 25127 times)

Offline fuzzy

DPOS is the blood, sweat, toil, and tears that forged bitshares. "Introduce?" No, I wont let myself be introduced.. I won't shake your hand, I won't look you in the eye... if this was the inquisition, you'd be burned at the stake.

Wow... DPOS is just as much a religion as POW.

Lol...only for some sparkle. Dont let thatmbe representative of your dpos experience (and remember dpos is bitshares).  Imho what you are doing is not going to be valuable to most everyday users, but I might be wrong. I too like to be diversified by my pts/ags holdings into experimental projects. You NEVER know what will happen and that is part of the beauty.
WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D

Offline hpenvy

• View Profile
DPOS is the blood, sweat, toil, and tears that forged bitshares. "Introduce?" No, I wont let myself be introduced.. I won't shake your hand, I won't look you in the eye... if this was the inquisition, you'd be burned at the stake.

I doubt your sampling size is statistically significant. :) You have extremes on ALL sides of technology.  I look forward to seeing what develops.
=============
btsx address: hpenvy
Tips appreciated for good work

Offline fuzzy

He's just getting the warm bitshares welcome

He's posting as a newbie, signed up to the forum first time today. That is deceitful, and does not allow us to evaluate his previous postings for intentions, helpfulness, philosophical leanings, etc.

And without first bouncing his ideas off of the community, he is "looking for help creating the logo and a web page for Sparkle" on the main Discussion page of the Bitsharestalk forum at a time when we are attempting to concentrate community members efforts and attention on BTS marketing.

There is a sub Board called:      Third Party DACs

Not everyone who posts on the Bitsharestalk.org forum has the best for the BitShares community as his motivation.

I think you're trying to cover for your hostility by pointing out there is a 3rd party dac sub-forum.  You told him to "get lost" originally when you should have said  "This should be posted in the third party DAC  sub-forum".

It is exactly this type of thinking that justifies the creation of a completely new PTS forum which Alphabar & crew have done.

I actually think that would be the best place for a post like this, but freedom of speech is part of freedom of choice. I for one will not use it (1 min block times???), but I do appreciate the interest.
WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D

Offline sparkles

• View Profile

Offline ag

• View Profile

Offline godzirra

• View Profile
May the best consensus algorithm win!

Offline gamey

• View Profile

He's posting as a newbie, signed up to the forum first time today. That is deceitful, and does not allow us to evaluate his previous postings for intentions, helpfulness, philosophical leanings, etc.

And without first bouncing his ideas off of the community, he is "looking for help creating the logo and a web page for Sparkle" on the main Discussion page of the Bitsharestalk forum at a time when we are attempting to concentrate community members efforts and attention on BTS marketing.

Not everyone who posts on the Bitsharestalk.org forum has the best for the BitShares community as his motivation.

I think you're trying to cover for your hostility by pointing out there is a 3rd party dac sub-forum.  You told him to "get lost" originally when you should have said  "This should be posted in the third party DAC  sub-forum".

It is exactly this type of thinking that justifies the creation of a completely new PTS forum which Alphabar & crew have done.
I speak for myself and only myself.

Offline sparkles

• View Profile

You assume I have posted here before without any evidence that I am anything more than a lurker. 

I have a large stake in BTS and noticed there was a market segment that wasn't being met and that BTS could not meet so I thought I would launch a product to fill the void and allow AGS/PTS holders to capture what ever value the market places on a POW version of BTS.   

If POW is doomed to fail then this project is no threat to BTS.  I happen to think that POW is here for a while and that a POW version of BTS properly promoted to the mining faithful will gain a relatively high market cap.   

Offline hpenvy

• View Profile

Easy enough. If it belongs on a different thread, a moderator can move it.  It's great people are willing to experiment with a superior platform.
=============
btsx address: hpenvy
Tips appreciated for good work

zerosum

You know that I will be the first one to post something like that, usually.
But don't you find this thread at least mildly amusing?

Offline onceuponatime

Offline sparkles

• View Profile

Have you thought this through?   POW off pure transaction fees means not many miners = security issue.

Miners gets 50 Sparks per block which equals 100% of the maximum worker pay.  Miners also get all transaction fees to encourage them to include transactions. 

Offline gamey

• View Profile

Have you thought this through?   POW off pure transaction fees means not many miners = security issue.
I speak for myself and only myself.

Offline Markus

• View Profile
I think this is the best competitor to BitShares I have yet seen :)

…although I think a one minute time lag for trading will be a major put off.

zerosum

Wait, what?

50 miners elected by the sparkles + 50 workers?

Can you provide more info about this delegated mining?

Mining is't delegated unless mining pools are used.  This is a pure Proof of Work coin.   Delegates don't produce blocks, only miners produce blocks.  They get paid to do work and broadcast feeds.

OK, go ahead and try it then...if you think you will be better off than working for the main chain, that is.
I am all for experiments.  :)

One last thing...figure out a way, please, so we do not need to import our actual AGS/PTS private keys in yet another experiment. Thanks.

PS
 Cool, POW clone of a DPOS...interesting.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2014, 05:16:38 am by tonyk2 »