Author Topic: A marketing idea? Whitepaper? Strategy? request? Either way I think its is gold.  (Read 38674 times)

Offline nomoreheroes7

• King of all the land
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: nomoreheroes7
Why not connect it to Facebook so that you can do it right? Just about everyone is on Facebook now and Facebook checks for ID.

then you buy 10 fb accounts for $5 and it'll help no one. keep it within our resources, and keep it decentralized.

lol sounds like a good use-case for VOTE's identity verification system thingy.

I agree this is a great idea, and some form of it should seriously be considered for implementation ASAP.

Offline triox

• View Profile
  • BitShares: triox

As far as implementing this though... Would this be something we want before 1.0 or maybe a version afterwards?

Having this ready for 1.0 would let us do a big official launch with legend-level marketers pushing bitshares to their armies of lesser marketers who in turn sell to their individual niches.

The trend in consumer facing technology is to gain mass adoption as quickly as possible and that is even truer in mass market financial tech. When it comes to gaining critical mass of users, a coordinated MLM product launch is a force to behold.

Offline fav

• No Pain, No Gain
    • View Profile
    • Follow Me!
  • BitShares: fav
Why not connect it to Facebook so that you can do it right? Just about everyone is on Facebook now and Facebook checks for ID.

then you buy 10 fb accounts for $5 and it'll help no one. keep it within our resources, and keep it decentralized.

Offline luckybit

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Luckybit
Great ideas Max and this is in line with various ideas that have been floating around our lunch discussions. 

The primary challenge we face is that there is nothing stopping everyone from simply "referring themselves" and then using the account N levels down so they get the rebate on all of their transaction fees.   

You solve this somewhat with the $20 fee to create a participating account.   This fee would prevent all abuse from anyone generating less than $20 in transaction fees per year.  4000 transactions per year at $0.01 per transaction assuming 50% of fees go to the referrer.   

I think the $20 fee could be seen as a pyramid scheme where the bottom of the pyramid never makes their money back.     On the other hand, if you can convince just 2 people to sign up then your fee is covered.  So it seems like a low enough barrier to anyone who is passionate about the concept.   

Technically it is all possible.

https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline fav

• No Pain, No Gain
    • View Profile
    • Follow Me!
Great ideas Max and this is in line with various ideas that have been floating around our lunch discussions. 

The primary challenge we face is that there is nothing stopping everyone from simply "referring themselves" and then using the account N levels down so they get the rebate on all of their transaction fees.   

You solve this somewhat with the $20 fee to create a participating account.   This fee would prevent all abuse from anyone generating less than $20 in transaction fees per year.  4000 transactions per year at $0.01 per transaction assuming 50% of fees go to the referrer.   

I think the $20 fee could be seen as a pyramid scheme where the bottom of the pyramid never makes their money back.     On the other hand, if you can convince just 2 people to sign up then your fee is covered.  So it seems like a low enough barrier to anyone who is passionate about the concept.   

+5% +5%

Offline fav

• No Pain, No Gain
    • View Profile
    • Follow Me!
To someone elses point, I do not see why fees should increase at all.  I would like to learn why you think they should.  remember digital currency is very divisible.  The 0.5 bts fee can be divided many ways.

the minimum fee is 0.1 - I think that could be a problem.

Offline btswildpig

• View Profile

Yep you nailed it all.  With no "buy in" it won't work because of the abuse issue.  Are there any other issues you have discovered?

Instead of paying people from the beginning, would it be possible to instead offer them a % discount on the services provided by a BitShares DAC...scaling up until you begin getting paid? 

A model similar to this: http://www.solavei.com/en

Discount works too .
If you can get 90% discount on a 5 digit name asset , you'll essentially earn 0.1 million in an instant comparing to the standard fee .
However , if the discount is significant enough , then there will still be the case of abusing the policy .
这个是私人账号,表达的一切言论均不代表任何团队和任何人。This is my personal account , anything I said with this account will be my opinion alone and has nothing to do with any group.

Offline fuzzy

Yep you nailed it all.  With no "buy in" it won't work because of the abuse issue.  Are there any other issues you have discovered?

Instead of paying people from the beginning, would it be possible to instead offer them a % discount on the services provided by a BitShares DAC...scaling up until you begin getting paid? 

A model similar to this: http://www.solavei.com/en
WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D

Offline bitmarket

• View Profile
    • BitShares TV

Yep you nailed it all.  With no "buy in" it won't work because of the abuse issue.

How about buy in 20USD and lock it for 1 year then return it ?
That would prevent abuse and pyramid claims .

If you give it back it means you can't pay out on it.  Without that it is significantly less appealing for people and less profit for bitshares
Host of BitShares.TV and Author of BitShares 101

Offline bitmarket

• View Profile
    • BitShares TV
I think with a high quality app and client and this marketing system bitshares would be pretty unstoppable.   ALso in MLM world a 60% total payout is considered pretty phenomenal I believe.  That means bitshares keeping 40% of all fees.

Offline btswildpig

• View Profile

Yep you nailed it all.  With no "buy in" it won't work because of the abuse issue.

How about buy in 20USD and lock it for 1 year then return it ?
That would prevent abuse and pyramid claims .
这个是私人账号,表达的一切言论均不代表任何团队和任何人。This is my personal account , anything I said with this account will be my opinion alone and has nothing to do with any group.

Offline bitmarket

• View Profile
    • BitShares TV

« Last Edit: March 26, 2015, 02:53:10 pm by bitmarket »

Offline cusknee

• View Profile
  • BitShares: cusknee
I just upgraded to 8.0 and it took almost a whole day which include countless crashes.

That is very odd because I did the upgrade in 30 minutes with no crashes and a complete re-download of the blockchain.

I have read on the forum that others had issues with 8.0 until they upgraded form 8 Gig of ram to 16 Gig. I'm not sure what my machine is. I bought it brand new a few months back and it is dedicated to strictly crypto use. I'll check the Ram and let you know.

Offline bitmarket

• View Profile
    • BitShares TV
@Fuzzy the number are all made up and for demo purposes only.  If we move down that path some serious number crunching would be done.  But we want people to be able to get rich on this.  That big carrot is important.

Just for others... The difference between a illegal and yucky pyramid and a legal and moral MLM is a legitimate product. Usually demonstrated by a decent percentage of non-income earner status users.  For that reason we may want to increase the $20 and payout less. ie: Bitshares keeps more. To pass the sniff test we want plenty of users who don't want to be involved in the business.

Offline bytemaster

For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.