Author Topic: Precise numbers on dilution?  (Read 14209 times)

Offline fuzzy

Dilution is not the root reason of failing price. Bit asset short rule is.

从我的 iPhone 发送,使用 Tapatalk

Well one thing is for certain: we need to focus on the REAL problems instead of just calling stuff out that may or may not be an issue. Otherwise this is just an exercise in futility and a waste of time.
Real problem is BM's BITASSET 3.0. that shows him know nothing about economic.
Of cause u also know nothing about it. Now u want to blame the BTS price to dilution.

I think you may be misreading me?
WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D

Offline fuzzy

The merger creates 20,83M bts per month(500M/24months), its 1% inflation per month. Although current supply says that we have 2,5B bts this number will be actually achieved at the end of the 24 month period of the merger, we still have 1,5 year or something like that.

Delegates inflation so far minus fees is a total of 9,8M bts (EDIT: Total amount, not monthly)

I'm not saying that the price decline is caused by the merger or the delegates, all crypto is down at this time, we must be careful and not try to fix something that isn't broken.

Dilution would have been fine but I think the merger wasn't worth the value proposition. I don't know why the merger had to happen. Dilution we could protect ourselves by buying BitUSD and many people did buy BitUSD.

If we are going to drastically change something...maybe the reversal of the merger should be the number one change on the chopping block.  As far as I can tell we gained nothing and lost a lot from it. 

With all that extra supply we could then fund the unproven affiliate program and delegate pay.  We could probably even pay interest in addition...

We already lost toast, so the value proposition for DNS is now pretty much out the window...these are things that are facts and can be looked at. 
Adam is working on 3 projects...which I don't think is much of a change from what he would have been doing without the merger.

The consensus is very very clear on this point imho...
« Last Edit: April 26, 2015, 02:35:57 am by fuzzy »

Offline lastagile

• View Profile

Well one thing is for certain: we need to focus on the REAL problems instead of just calling stuff out that may or may not be an issue. Otherwise this is just an exercise in futility and a waste of time.
Real problem is BM's BITASSET 3.0. that shows him know nothing about economic.
Of cause u also know nothing about it. Now u want to blame the BTS price to dilution.

Offline luckybit

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Luckybit
The merger creates 20,83M bts per month(500M/24months), its 1% inflation per month. Although current supply says that we have 2,5B bts this number will be actually achieved at the end of the 24 month period of the merger, we still have 1,5 year or something like that.

Delegates inflation so far minus fees is a total of 9,8M bts (EDIT: Total amount, not monthly)

I'm not saying that the price decline is caused by the merger or the delegates, all crypto is down at this time, we must be careful and not try to fix something that isn't broken.

Dilution would have been fine but I think the merger wasn't worth the value proposition. I don't know why the merger had to happen. Dilution we could protect ourselves by buying BitUSD and many people did buy BitUSD.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline luckybit

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Luckybit
Last I heard it's similar to Bitcoin levels. But I am not able to give the precise numbers.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline fuzzy

chryspano

« Last Edit: April 26, 2015, 02:04:38 am by chryspano »

Offline lastagile

• View Profile

Offline fuzzy

Is this increase including or excluding the new shares created in the merger?

Offline zhangweis

• View Profile
Weibo:http://weibo.com/zhangweis

Offline fuzzy

I have seen this dilution being a huge issue for a long time...but I've also seen numbers somewhere on the forums showing exactly how little dilution currently exists...though I'm not at acomputer and am finding it difficult to locate the post.

Can anyone post the link or the numbers we are currently looking at both with and without the merger created funds?