Author Topic: Bitshares price discussion  (Read 900158 times)

Offline EstefanTT

If you look at it in terms of € or $ it's not that bad. I bought bts end of August for 0.0029€, now it just spiked down to 0.0032€ and went up directely to 0.0035€.

Bitcoin is also very volatile, looking bts price in btc is not enought. IMHO, you also need to look at the price btc/fiat or bts/fiat.

The only problem is if you got margin margin call (I did :(  ). But this is more a matter of trading risks that purely long term investment.
Bit20, the cryptocurrency index fund http://www.bittwenty.com
(BitShares French ConneXion - www.bitsharesfcx.com)

chryspano

Bitshares is official below Peercoin.  What does that tell you?

===============================================================================================================

Offline tonyk

• View Profile
First, if you see someone paying a whole 5 BTS for worthless brownies, it means the BTS are close to that worthlessness.

I'll probably never receive another Brownie.PTS for saying this (and that's another reason I frown on Brownies) but, I can't really disagree with that line of thinking.

I'd go into more detail but ... Brownies prevent me from doing so.  :P
if it was me with this truckload [as a position of the biggest holders list, not as money worth] of them...I would have never opened my mouth  :)
So, you are one brave man + 1.
Lack of arbitrage is the problem, isn't it. And this 'should' solves it.

Offline topcandle

Bitshares is official below Peercoin.  What does that tell you?
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline topcandle

That's why Brownies should recieve only a limited SHAREDROP.  I made this point before and Stan brushed it off as usual.  Nobody wants to listen here. 
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Tuck Fheman

First, if you see someone paying a whole 5 BTS for worthless brownies, it means the BTS are close to that worthlessness.

I'll probably never receive another Brownie.PTS for saying this (and that's another reason I frown on Brownies) but, I can't really disagree with that line of thinking.

I'd go into more detail but ... Brownies prevent me from doing so.  :P

Offline mint chocolate chip

I just lost all my bts because I was margin long in polo.. :'(
That is the pain you feel when you support blindly something I suppose instead of day trading like most people..
The luck of support at these levels is just so disappointing..
:(

I said a million times that margin wasnt safe.  Its horrible that you lost everything mf-tzo, hope you at least have some left.

I feel like polo margin ruined BTS.  I tried it some and got hurt by it too, but managed to cover at a loss a couple times when things were starting to go down so I never got liquidated or anything, just lost some bts.  I should never have used it.  I probably wouldve also gotten liquidated on this drop if I'd had a margin position there, but luckily I got burned enough earlier on and stopped.

I feel like I'm pretty much done with crypto at this point.  If good projects like BTS can get shit on this hard by everyone while they pump stupid crap.  There is no sanity in the market.  BTS was one of the only projects that could hope to become profitable and actually be worth holding, but it got dumped to hell.

I'll just hold a few remaining btc, and my bts and muse and brownies forever and come back a while later and see if they are still worth anything.  There is no point selling them now.   Maybe try to buy a few more btc if it has a dip.

I'm in the same boat as you Ander. Woke up to see a message on my phone that I got margin called. Lost 25 BTC. Maybe I will comeback in the future. Good luck guys.

Holy shit, we're losing people left and right. Fucking nuts. I feel for you guys. How depressing...margin truly has killed us.

Why isn't the referral system working yet? Why haven't the devs proactively helped BTC38/yunbi yet? Where do the million other promises/announcements stand? Bond market? Prediction? Stealth transfers? Bingo? Partnerships?

Just what the hell's going on?

And the most basic of basic things flubbed for so many of us...
I never got my 2.0 BTS synced and imported. 

Offline lil_jay890

• View Profile
I bet it was the news of the hardfork coming on Wednesday... shoot first ask questions later.

I think it was actually btc rallying really hard, which lead to panic among those who had margin longs, who started dumping and ended up wiping out the entirety of the buy support on polo, but support hit 21 btc at one point after literally everyone who was on margin got margin called at once.

How do you know "everyone" was wiped out who was on margin?  Does polo publish the short ratio?

If this dump wiped out a bunch of long term hodlers... there is a very real chance it is "THE" bottom.  Markets always go in the direction that causes the most pain... Down when there are lots of longs, and up after leaving bulls behind at the bottom.

So your saying now since the groups are mostly shorts, they are vulerable to the most pain.

Yes... the biggest and longest rallies start with a short squeeze.  The squeeze is the most violent part.  It destroys the shorts because they are being margined called, while not allowing any dips for longs to buy back in.  Max pain for both sides.

chryspano

100 coins and sh!tco!ns and we are in the 3rd worst position...

Offline Pheonike

Well it's been nearly 2yrs of hardships for some...

Offline topcandle

I bet it was the news of the hardfork coming on Wednesday... shoot first ask questions later.

I think it was actually btc rallying really hard, which lead to panic among those who had margin longs, who started dumping and ended up wiping out the entirety of the buy support on polo, but support hit 21 btc at one point after literally everyone who was on margin got margin called at once.

How do you know "everyone" was wiped out who was on margin?  Does polo publish the short ratio?

If this dump wiped out a bunch of long term hodlers... there is a very real chance it is "THE" bottom.  Markets always go in the direction that causes the most pain... Down when there are lots of longs, and up after leaving bulls behind at the bottom.

So your saying now since the groups are mostly shorts, they are vulerable to the most pain. 

Offline Frodo

• View Profile
  • BitShares: frodo
Just reading this thread makes me sad. Sorry to all you guys who lost BTS.  :(

But don't forget the bigger picture. BitShares' potential isn't lost. All the great ideas are still here and we are closer then ever to seeing them realized. A lot of mistakes have been made in the history of BitShares but the biggest one would be to stop trying.

Offline lil_jay890

• View Profile

Offline tonyk

• View Profile
I just lost all my bts because I was margin long in polo.. :'(
That is the pain you feel when you support blindly something I suppose instead of day trading like most people..
The luck of support at these levels is just so disappointing..
:(

I said a million times that margin wasnt safe.  Its horrible that you lost everything mf-tzo, hope you at least have some left.

I feel like polo margin ruined BTS.  I tried it some and got hurt by it too, but managed to cover at a loss a couple times when things were starting to go down so I never got liquidated or anything, just lost some bts.  I should never have used it.  I probably wouldve also gotten liquidated on this drop if I'd had a margin position there, but luckily I got burned enough earlier on and stopped.

I feel like I'm pretty much done with crypto at this point.  If good projects like BTS can get shit on this hard by everyone while they pump stupid crap.  There is no sanity in the market.  BTS was one of the only projects that could hope to become profitable and actually be worth holding, but it got dumped to hell.

I'll just hold a few remaining btc, and my bts and muse and brownies forever and come back a while later and see if they are still worth anything.  There is no point selling them now.   Maybe try to buy a few more btc if it has a dip.

I'm in the same boat as you Ander. Woke up to see a message on my phone that I got margin called. Lost 25 BTC. Maybe I will comeback in the future. Good luck guys.

Holy shit, we're losing people left and right. Fucking nuts. I feel for you guys. How depressing...margin truly has killed us.

Why isn't the referral system working yet? Why haven't the devs proactively helped BTC38/yunbi yet? Where do the million other promises/announcements stand? Bond market? Prediction? Stealth transfers? Bingo? Partnerships?

Just what the hell's going on?

What killed us...
was [and still is] brownies.

On 2 fronts -
Second if mf-tzo had not spent 50% of his bts on  brownies he would have had much more collateral for the same amount of BTS he has on margin...and would have never been called.

disclaimer - I have no idea what is the actual % of his bts going into brownies.
Lack of arbitrage is the problem, isn't it. And this 'should' solves it.