Author Topic: Bitshares price discussion  (Read 899782 times)

Tuck Fheman

True, but try to say that in the bitcointalk forum, lol you will be stoned to death.

Oh yeah I know. That's probably the first time I've openly called BTC a "shitcoin" online, but honestly it is compared to what's out today (looking at you BTS!).

The people buying BTC now are no different from the ones buying in 2013.

I welcome this new blood!  They will soon realize, much as we did, that BTC is NOT the answer.

They will then seek out other alternatives and eventually will be driven towards the one that shows the most promise, just as we were.

When that happens, BTS will begin moving upwards again, just like BTC now and all the doubters will come crawling back saying, "I knew it!".  ;)

In other words ...

The better Bitcoin does, the better it is for other immutable crypto-currencies and that also use mining. (Basically everything that BitShares moved away from)
However more money coming into the space is ultimately good and will give increased exposure to all projects.

;)
« Last Edit: November 03, 2015, 05:54:02 pm by Tuck Fheman »

Offline hadrian

• View Profile
  • BitShares: hadrian
http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2015-11-02/reason-bitcoins-recent-surge-revealed

i HATE those audio ads on zerohedge that always auto-start and scare the livin crap out of me, how do i disable those damn things?

Firefox with Adblock Edge plugin may be.

Screw Adblock, they're sellouts.

Try uBlock.

Or uBlock Origin
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

chryspano

until people realize BTC is a shitcoin

True, but try to say that in the bitcointalk forum, lol you will be stoned to death.

Tuck Fheman

i HATE those audio ads on zerohedge that always auto-start and scare the livin crap out of me, how do i disable those damn things?

Screw Adblock, they're sellouts.

Try uBlock.

Tuck Fheman

I have been watching the market closely for the past few days, and have noticed the price going to as high as 1394-1430 and then crashing back down to 1257-1270 several times in a row. This can be seen as faking the volume on purpose in order to keep it onto the top of charts as its absolutely clear the legit volume has been around 70-80 btc the whole week, since oct, 25. It seemed like the only one dude tossed around 10 million coins back and forth. The first 5 min major red candle indicates he dumped 9.65 million all the way down to 1153, perhaps mostly on his own orders. The reason is that he either exits at cost or attempts to completely dry up the market and fill his bags with significant amount of coins before the next trend reversal.

Maybe he's paying taxes. ;)

Tuck Fheman

Are they just using the bts to put up fake buy/sell walls and try to manipulate the price?

Mostly.

Tuck Fheman

Sometime in 2016 ...

"Hey, remember when BitShares was at 700 sats?  Those were the days!"

"Hey, remember when BitShares was at 2400 sats?  Those were the days!"
"Hey, remember when BitShares was at 2000 sats?  Those were the days!"
"Hey, remember when BitShares was at 1600 sats?  Those were the days!"
"Hey, remember when BitShares was at 1200 sats?  Those were the days!"
"Hey, remember when BitShares was at 800 sats?  Those were the days!"

Coming next:

"Hey, remember when BitShares was at 400 sats?  Those were the days!"
"Hey, remember what BitShares was?  Those were the days!"

All jokes aside, crypto serves an important part of society - tax on greed. All you greedy bastards got fleeced.

8)

lel, I kind of walked into that one.

The meaning of my post was about how cheap BTS was last night and how we may never see it that cheap again.

Who knows though, if BTC keeps rising BTS may fall more ... until people realize BTC is a shitcoin and BTS is the future. ;)

If that happens (and it should) we're all going to be some happy hoarders here!

So get all the 700-800 sat BTS you can, while you can!

Offline Empirical1.2

• View Profile
In my eyes BTC would be dead a long time ago if it wasn't for the Cypriot banks problems(and all the pump and dump speculation that follows that), the Greek crysis and now China trying to move money out. This gave btc a little more time but I fail to see how btc can survive long term. I definetly expect the btc "buble" to burst and btc to crash but I have no clue how high it can go before that happens.
[EDIT] Maybe this is the last pump of BTC.

Do you guys think that an increase in BTC value can help BTS medium or long term?(e.g more people paying attention to better alternatives of BTC)  I want to believe that yes despite the madness of the last days.

The better Bitcoin does, the better it is for other immutable crypto-currencies and that also use mining. (Basically everything that BitShares moved away from)

However more money coming into the space is ultimately good and will give increased exposure to all projects.
If you want to take the island burn the boats

chryspano

In my eyes BTC would be dead a long time ago if it wasn't for the Cypriot banks problems(and all the pump and dump speculation that follows that), the Greek crysis and now China trying to move money out. This gave btc a little more time but I fail to see how btc can survive long term. I definetly expect the btc "buble" to burst and btc to crash but I have no clue how high it can go before that happens.
[EDIT] Maybe this is the last pump of BTC.

Do you guys think that an increase in BTC value can help BTS medium or long term?(e.g more people paying attention to better alternatives of BTC)  I want to believe that yes despite the madness of the last days.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2015, 04:14:50 pm by chryspano »

Offline Empirical1.2

• View Profile

+5% What's really positive is the amount of new account creation.
Incredible new user growth for @OKCoinBTC USD and CNY. Two dozen plus handling KYC and customer service. We can onboard within 24-48 hours.

It's been a coming...

There's no denying China is a major market and capital controls are a big driver & will be positive for non neutral digital currency wherever they are present.
http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2015-09-02/china-scrambles-enforce-capital-controls-capital-flight-threatens-economy-which-grea

I still think Bitcoin's volatility is a long term problem as it creates downward pressure from merchants in neutral to bear markets.

As usual I expect other crypto-currencies to benefit the most like LTC, DGC, PPC while ETH, XRP, BTS and MaidSafe will benefit the least.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2015, 03:20:28 pm by Empirical1.2 »

Offline brads

• View Profile

Offline kenCode

• View Profile
    • Agorise

kenCode - Decentraliser @ Agorise
Matrix/Keybase/Hive/Commun/Github: @Agorise
www.PalmPay.chat

Offline Empirical1.2

• View Profile
Right now it's tough because besides 2.0 teething problems, Bitcoin is doing well. It's sustained uptrend for the last three weeks has been great, if the slow steady continues, it may break $300 too which is when it might really jump. That's sucking a lot out of money out of more speculative volatile alternatives atm.

Bitcoin going up is critical for all alt coins right now.  There are not enough bts gateways to decouple from btc.  We need btc to bring more awareness to crypto and the only way that can be done is by increasing the market cap.  If the market cap exceeds 500 in the next few months, I think that will be a huge boon to all coins.

Or people get out of altcoins to join the BTC train......

Most alt coin holders are steadfast supporters of their coin.  Mostly because of the amount of time it takes to acquire a large stake without moving the price too much.  Also they become emotionally attached and want to see "their" coin succeed.  I highly doubt more than 20% of alt coin holders would sell.

I agree. I think Bitcoin going up will ultimately be great.

In the short term however the relative stability combined with steady growth will draw alt-coin holders into BTC.

Looks like it's sucking money from speculative alts in the short term as expected.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2015, 01:25:18 pm by Empirical1.2 »

Offline FIAThater

• View Profile
I have been watching the market closely for the past few days, and have noticed the price going to as high as 1394-1430 and then crashing back down to 1257-1270 several times in a row. This can be seen as faking the volume on purpose in order to keep it onto the top of charts as its absolutely clear the legit volume has been around 70-80 btc the whole week, since oct, 25. It seemed like the only one dude tossed around 10 million coins back and forth. The first 5 min major red candle indicates he dumped 9.65 million all the way down to 1153, perhaps mostly on his own orders. The reason is that he either exits at cost or attempts to completely dry up the market and fill his bags with significant amount of coins before the next trend reversal.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2015, 10:59:51 am by FIAThater »