Author Topic: Bitshares price discussion  (Read 887405 times)

Offline lil_jay890

• View Profile
Wedge up or wedge down.  What's ur guess?

If the price starts to hug the line between 1345 - 1360, then it will likely go north.  But if it starts to track ~1300 - 1310, then south is more likely. At this moment we are in neutral territory, leaning north.

What I would like to see is a break south, get the shorts all beared up, then a strong reversal back into the wedge.  This would trap a ton of shorts and ignite a big squeeze higher...

Offline werneo

• View Profile
    • chronicle of the precession of simulacra
  • BitShares: werneo

If the price starts to hug the line between 1345 - 1360, then it will likely go north.  But if it starts to track ~1300 - 1310, then south is more likely. At this moment we are in neutral territory, leaning north.

Offline lil_jay890

• View Profile
Right now it's tough because besides 2.0 teething problems, Bitcoin is doing well. It's sustained uptrend for the last three weeks has been great, if the slow steady continues, it may break $300 too which is when it might really jump. That's sucking a lot out of money out of more speculative volatile alternatives atm.

Bitcoin going up is critical for all alt coins right now.  There are not enough bts gateways to decouple from btc.  We need btc to bring more awareness to crypto and the only way that can be done is by increasing the market cap.  If the market cap exceeds 500 in the next few months, I think that will be a huge boon to all coins.

Or people get out of altcoins to join the BTC train......

Most alt coin holders are steadfast supporters of their coin.  Mostly because of the amount of time it takes to acquire a large stake without moving the price too much.  Also they become emotionally attached and want to see "their" coin succeed.  I highly doubt more than 20% of alt coin holders would sell.

Also u could have every alt dump and buy btc  and it would hardly move the price since btc is a giant whale and the alts are the size of minnows.

Offline Empirical1.2

• View Profile
Right now it's tough because besides 2.0 teething problems, Bitcoin is doing well. It's sustained uptrend for the last three weeks has been great, if the slow steady continues, it may break $300 too which is when it might really jump. That's sucking a lot out of money out of more speculative volatile alternatives atm.

Bitcoin going up is critical for all alt coins right now.  There are not enough bts gateways to decouple from btc.  We need btc to bring more awareness to crypto and the only way that can be done is by increasing the market cap.  If the market cap exceeds 500 in the next few months, I think that will be a huge boon to all coins.

I agree. I think Bitcoin going up will ultimately be great.

I'm also looking forward to the BTC inflation halving next year, which I think some people are already pricing in. Personally I view the space as a whole, with BTC having an 90% share, so when their expenses halve it's actually a big saving for all of crypto to have less money % wise flowing into the space going to BTC miners.

In the short term however the relative stability combined with steady growth will draw alt-coin holders into BTC.
If you want to take the island burn the boats

Offline topcandle

Or people get out of altcoins to join the BTC train......
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline lil_jay890

• View Profile

Offline Empirical1.2

• View Profile
If you want to take the island burn the boats

Offline liondani

• Inch by inch, play by play
    • View Profile
    • My detailed info
  • BitShares: liondani
  • GitHub: liondani

Historically based...  down....  ::)

Offline topcandle

https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline werneo

• View Profile
    • chronicle of the precession of simulacra
  • BitShares: werneo
wedgie going critical...

Tuck Fheman

What is the reason you guys still see the BTS:BTC market as an indicator for BTS sentiments .. You heard about the recent BTC ralley .. didn't you?

I don't come into your magic show and slap the rabbit out of your hat while explaining how the trick works.  :P

Offline gunailei

• View Profile

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
What is the reason you guys still see the BTS:BTC market as an indicator for BTS sentiments .. You heard about the recent BTC ralley .. didn't you?

Offline bitmeat

• View Profile
There can be squeeze on the way down too, if people bought big on margin, there will be selling pressure no matter what.

Just hope that 200 BTC is not on margin, because if it is and it gets eaten... there isn't enough BTC below for them to cover. (Very hypothetical scenario but still)