Author Topic: Bitshares price discussion  (Read 898169 times)

Offline donkeypong

• View Profile

Offline Blazin8888

What's happening i don't have enough BTS yet

Offline werneo

• View Profile
    • chronicle of the precession of simulacra
  • BitShares: werneo
Did we break out of your outside bearish wedge?

Not sure yet. My cup and handle idea has been invalidated because the "handle" is now heading higher.

For now, the top of the medium-term downtrend is at ~2465 satoshis. The price probably needs to go sustainably above 2500 to call this a real breakout.

near term trading range: 2350 - 2500 sat. If 2350 fails, the next area of resistance is ~2275
« Last Edit: October 12, 2015, 12:35:36 am by werneo »

Offline puppies

• View Profile
  • BitShares: puppies
So basically what everyone is saying is?

Moon?
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline jsidhu

• View Profile
My analysis, for what it's worth...

Violet lines: uptrend since September
Green lines: short term downtrend
blue: very short term uptrend
yellow: resistance

the yellow line at ~2372 satoshis defines an important zone of resistance. Right now the price is stalled at around 2300. Buyers and sellers are at a crossroads. It's a moment of tension but look for a resolution by Monday. This week, smart people will be hearing about bitshares for the first time. They will take their time to study it before investing any money. That's why I have doubts about whether "this is it". I don't anticipate a frenzy into bts on Wednesday. I think the price might sink because a lot of people intend to pull their coins out of poloniex on Monday so they can have have them in their wallets for the snapshot on Tues.   edit: jsidhu rightly points out that removing bts from polo would cause the supply to drop and price to increase.

Did we break out of your outside bearish wedge?
Hired by blockchain | Developer
delegate: dev.sidhujag

Tuck Fheman

The alligator has awoken.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2015, 09:56:30 pm by Tuck Fheman »

Offline EstefanTT

2483 ... here we go !
Bit20, the cryptocurrency index fund http://www.bittwenty.com
(BitShares French ConneXion - www.bitsharesfcx.com)

Offline werneo

• View Profile
the stars are lining up....

4.6 million btc bid at 2400 is goosing the green lines....... and it's gone.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2015, 09:00:09 pm by werneo »

Tuck Fheman

Offline tonyk

• View Profile
Here is my take on BTS current situation:

Crypto Sphere has been anticipating the launch of BTS 2.0 for over a year. The platform is said to be groundbreaking and a breakthrough.

At the moment, just before the launch, it sits above dash.

After the launch, I don’t see it falling bellow the instamined dash, cause if it does then the project will be tagged as an absolute failure that couldn’t even compete with an instamined sh..

If the project is a success then it has Ethereum as competition. For it to be tagged a success it has to surpass Ethereum market cap but not at the current valuation. Ethereum has had its moment and is now on its deathbed. Bitshares has to surpass the Ethereum market cap once it was on its peak.

Success may come immediately, but more likely it will take time to introduce 2.0 to the world. I would never judge this project's success by next week's price. If it's at the same place next year, then we've done something wrong. Whales and market swings aside, my guess is that we'll soon see something rare in the crypto world: a slow and steady increase over time as more and more businesses jump onto BitShares and move up the volume, as individuals also discover the many problems it solves.

...And during the period of 2013-2015, while too slow in the eyes of many observers, yours truly included, Dan build the first horseless carriage...
Lack of arbitrage is the problem, isn't it. And this 'should' solves it.

Offline Blazin8888

Will openledger have a downloadable client as well?

Or will bitshares have a downloadable client?

Will OpenLedger have a mobile wallet app?

Offline werneo

• View Profile
today's deep thoughts...

"If you ever accidentally drop your keys into a river of molten lava, let 'em go, because man, they're gone."
-- J. Handy
« Last Edit: October 11, 2015, 04:03:17 pm by werneo »

Offline Empirical1.2

• View Profile

Crypto Sphere has been anticipating the launch of BTS 2.0 for over a year. The platform is said to be groundbreaking and a breakthrough.

After the launch, I don’t see it falling bellow the instamined dash, cause if it does then the project will be tagged as an absolute failure that couldn’t even compete with an instamined sh..

If the project is a success then it has Ethereum as competition. For it to be tagged a success it has to surpass Ethereum market cap but not at the current valuation. Ethereum has had its moment and is now on its deathbed. Bitshares has to surpass the Ethereum market cap once it was on its peak.

Success may come immediately, but more likely it will take time to introduce 2.0 to the world. I would never judge this project's success by next week's price. If it's at the same place next year, then we've done something wrong. Whales and market swings aside, my guess is that we'll soon see something rare in the crypto world: a slow and steady increase over time as more and more businesses jump onto BitShares and move up the volume, as individuals also discover the many problems it solves.

Personally I'll be looking at how liquid and stable BitAssets are in the next month or two and that the referral programme is functioning correctly. With those two things in place we should have a product people want and an incentive for third parties to promote it. Resulting in strong new user growth. Providing that is happening the price will take care of itself.
If you want to take the island burn the boats

Offline donkeypong

• View Profile

Tuck Fheman

Today's resistance is tomorrows support.