Author Topic: Bitshares price discussion  (Read 899771 times)

Offline cryptoPrecise

• View Profile
Here is my take on BTS current situation:

Crypto Sphere has been anticipating the launch of BTS 2.0 for over a year. The platform is said to be groundbreaking and a breakthrough.

At the moment, just before the launch, it sits above dash.

After the launch, I don’t see it falling bellow the instamined dash, cause if it does then the project will be tagged as an absolute failure that couldn’t even compete with an instamined sh..

If the project is a success then it has Ethereum as competition. For it to be tagged a success it has to surpass Ethereum market cap but not at the current valuation. Ethereum has had its moment and is now on its deathbed. Bitshares has to surpass the Ethereum market cap once it was on its peak.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2015, 12:57:36 pm by cryptoPrecise »

Offline Blazin8888

My analysis, for what it's worth...

Violet lines: uptrend since September
Green lines: short term downtrend
blue: very short term uptrend
yellow: resistance

the yellow line at ~2372 satoshis defines an important zone of resistance. Right now the price is stalled at around 2300. Buyers and sellers are at a crossroads. It's a moment of tension but look for a resolution by Monday. This week, smart people will be hearing about bitshares for the first time. They will take their time to study it before investing any money. That's why I have doubts about whether "this is it". I don't anticipate a frenzy into bts on Wednesday. I think the price might sink because a lot of people intend to pull their coins out of poloniex on Monday so they can have have them in their wallets for the snapshot on Tues.

If people pulled their coins out of the exchange wouldn't this mean lack of supply shooting price up?

exactly. no one would be selling. Not to mention Polo is handling the transfer.

Offline jsidhu

• View Profile

the yellow line at ~2372 satoshis defines an important zone of resistance. Right now the price is stalled at around 2300. Buyers and sellers are at a crossroads. It's a moment of tension but look for a resolution by Monday. This week, smart people will be hearing about bitshares for the first time. They will take their time to study it before investing any money. That's why I have doubts about whether "this is it". I don't anticipate a frenzy into bts on Wednesday. I think the price might sink because a lot of people intend to pull their coins out of poloniex on Monday so they can have have them in their wallets for the snapshot on Tues.

If people pulled their coins out of the exchange wouldn't this mean lack of supply shooting price up?
Hired by blockchain | Developer
delegate: dev.sidhujag

Offline werneo

• View Profile
    • chronicle of the precession of simulacra
  • BitShares: werneo

the yellow line at ~2372 satoshis defines an important zone of resistance. Right now the price is stalled at around 2300. Buyers and sellers are at a crossroads. It's a moment of tension but look for a resolution by Monday. This week, smart people will be hearing about bitshares for the first time. They will take their time to study it before investing any money. That's why I have doubts about whether "this is it". I don't anticipate a frenzy into bts on Wednesday. I think the price might sink because a lot of people intend to pull their coins out of poloniex on Monday so they can have have them in their wallets for the snapshot on Tues.   edit: jsidhu rightly points out that removing bts from polo would cause the supply to drop and price to increase.

« Last Edit: October 11, 2015, 04:02:24 am by werneo »

Offline Blazin8888

zone of resistance starting right around 2370... also the up and down trends come together around the 2.0 launch date. I'm concerned we'll see another drop at launch as traders take profits. ("buy the rumor, sell the news")

http://www.forbes.com/sites/rogeraitken/2015/10/10/openledgers-crypto-financial-platform-officially-launching-as-central-bank-interest-revealed/3/

Tuck Fheman

I'm concerned we'll see another drop at launch as traders take profits. ("buy the rumor, sell the news")

+1

New monies dried up, down we go again for a bit.

Offline werneo

• View Profile
    • chronicle of the precession of simulacra
  • BitShares: werneo
zone of resistance starting right around 2370... also the up and down trends come together around the 2.0 launch date. I'm concerned we'll see another drop at launch as traders take profits. ("buy the rumor, sell the news")

Offline Blazin8888

Volume is also sharply falling ..

Offline Blazin8888

Looks like we are heading back down

Offline Ander

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Ander
Here's some additional information:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rLDgQg6bq7o

This is what it sounded like when someone explained Bitcoin to me in 2012. ;)

This is what Bitshares sounds like to the average Bitcoiner when it goes over their head.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Tuck Fheman

Here's some additional information:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rLDgQg6bq7o

This is what it sounded like when someone explained Bitcoin to me in 2012. ;)

Offline liondani

• Inch by inch, play by play
    • View Profile
    • My detailed info
  • BitShares: liondani
  • GitHub: liondani
Excellent. Now if you can turn that into a business plan with one "bitcoin" mention in every ten words, I'm quite confident you'll get some venture funding.

lol

Offline bobmaloney

"The crows seemed to be calling his name, thought Caw."
- Jack Handey (SNL)

Tuck Fheman

You're at MIT?

I want something that can create fake scientific papers full of buzzwords like that.  Its hilarious.

https://pdos.csail.mit.edu/archive/scigen

Excellent. Now if you can turn that into a business plan with one "bitcoin" mention in every ten words, I'm quite confident you'll get some venture funding.

I'll get to work on it while you secure the funding for us!