Author Topic: Bitshares price discussion  (Read 898353 times)

Offline lil_jay890

• View Profile
"A market can stay irrational longer than you can stay solvent"

"There are old traders, there are bold traders, but there are no old bold traders"

Review those quotes. Trading on margin, especially on the short side in crypto, can blow you up faster than any other investment.

Offline Ander

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Ander
@Ander go short on ETH on Poloniex..I am shorting  it and buying all the BTS with margin on Poloniex..Let's pump BTS and short sell ETH to see what happens..

I haven't traded on Poloniex for over a year now..It's fun..especially when you don't care about a coin and you can short it with leverage like ETH..
I am hoping BTS 2 to be like Poloniex..Everything is so clear and easy

Ummm are you trying to blow up your account?  What you're  doing is risky, borderline reckless.

Yeah that is pretty risky, it might work but it might blow up on your face.  I hate being on margin, when I shorted ETH yesterday it was only a small amount.
There have been many price spikes this week in ETH due to people getting margin called on both the long and short side.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline mf-tzo

• View Profile
@Ander go short on ETH on Poloniex..I am shorting  it and buying all the BTS with margin on Poloniex..Let's pump BTS and short sell ETH to see what happens..

I haven't traded on Poloniex for over a year now..It's fun..especially when you don't care about a coin and you can short it with leverage like ETH..

Ummm are you trying to blow up your account?  What you're  doing is risky, borderline reckless.

I don't think so mate...Fundamentals say ETH @ $30-$40 mil market cap soon and BTS @ min $30-$40 mil market cap soon..I don't think that an alpha project like ETH without GUI should be more valuable than BTS which within next month will launch v2.. Wait and see what happens when ETH IPO start dumping..I know it is difficult to believe but same thing happened unfortunately to BTS a year ago..
Most people supporting blindly BTS (my self) didn't see it coming and hodl..I expect same thing to happen to ETH soon and people who think that ETH will surpass bitcoin anytime soon will be faced to a tough reality..

Ofcourse with crypto one can never know and things happen often without any logic.. So I may blow my account soon as you say..It won't be the first not the last time..lol...

Offline lil_jay890

• View Profile

Offline Ander

• View Profile

I'll short ETH if it gets back around .07.  Right now very long BTS, slightly long ETH, not on margin.
People got too bearish about ETH after that drop, everyone wants to short it now, I'm thinking it bounces a bit.  But if it doesnt its okay, I only have like 70 eth.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline mf-tzo

• View Profile

« Last Edit: August 16, 2015, 07:53:53 pm by mf-tzo »

Offline Empirical1.2

• View Profile
I'm long a bit of ETH at .005 now.  We will see.  Maybe I'll be bagholding it soon lol.  (Less than hald a BTC worth though(.

The thing that concerns me is that there's only about 1% of ETH for sale on the exchanges atm whereas say 5% of LTC.

The amount in sell orders on Poloniex has also increased steadily over the weekend.

So I think more ETH is steadily coming onto the exchanges and will push the price down.
If you want to take the island burn the boats

Offline Ander

• View Profile
I'm long a bit of ETH at .005 now.  We will see.  Maybe I'll be bagholding it soon lol.  (Less than hald a BTC worth though(.

Offline Empirical1.2

• View Profile
While I have some question marks over their medium term commitment to BTS, I already have a decent BTS position and am buying strongly at the moment, not too far from BTS 2.0 now...

Also BTS seemed to be rising consistently for about a week and only a recent 2.5 million BTS dump started to break that trend which I think will resume.

(2.5 million or 0.1% doesn't seem like a lot but a 0.1% or 60 000 ETH dump would also drop ETH on Poloniex by 10-20%)
« Last Edit: August 16, 2015, 02:22:58 pm by Empirical1.2 »
If you want to take the island burn the boats

Offline nomoreheroes7

• King of all the land
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: nomoreheroes7
Yea, I would love to have the ability to short/long ETH without having to leave the BTS wallet...is this ever gonna happen?

Offline mf-tzo

• View Profile
I have 0.5btc left. Once the wallet is synchronized (probably after 5 hours) I will send this to poloniex to short some ETH, make some profit and buy some extremely cheap BTS.. ETH is going at 0.0033 today I think...If by the time I manage to send the btc to Poloniex ETH is at 0.0033 I will just by some BTS instead  :)

I am looking forward to the day we have high volume in our DEX and don't need to move around coins all over to different platforms and waiting for ages the bitcoin wallet to synch..

Offline Ander

• View Profile
where did you short Ether? I want to short the shit out of it because I think it will drop to at least $30mil market cap..

Id like to know as well, but I would prefer to be able to short it from within BitShares.

Can we have a pegged asset for Ethereum in the 2.0 genesis block? Save us from having to pay the fee to create it.

Shorted it at .0065 covered at .005.  I dont want to short it again until I get a nice bounce that looks like its momentum has fizzled out.

(Oh what site.  At poloniex.)
« Last Edit: August 16, 2015, 09:02:07 am by Ander »

Offline speedy

• View Profile
  • BitShares: speedy
where did you short Ether? I want to short the shit out of it because I think it will drop to at least $30mil market cap..

Id like to know as well, but I would prefer to be able to short it from within BitShares.

Can we have a pegged asset for Ethereum in the 2.0 genesis block? Save us from having to pay the fee to create it.

Offline mf-tzo

• View Profile

Offline Ander

• View Profile
Now would be a good time for an ander always bullish bts post!

Should I mention that I sold 200k BTS at 2100 and rebought it at 1700?

And I made .5 BTC shorting ether this week  It was a good week. :) 
(I dont normally short anything because I hate margin, but I did a little after it became obvious that ETH had peaked.

I would be long BTS now.  We broke out and then returned to the breakout point and held, thats usually a really good time to buy, right before the bulk of the rise occurs. 
I'm kindof surprised BTS tanked as much as it did.