Author Topic: Bitshares price discussion  (Read 898472 times)

Offline Ander

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Ander
I have noticed a new coin in coinmarketcap called helleniccoin shooting up. Apparently this will save Greece from capital controls and it will save the Greek economy..lolololol...

So its Auroracoin 2.0?

[/quote]
If for any reason this coin surpasses bitshares in market cap then this will be the end for me. I will sell all my bts at once go buy a coffee and never look back at any crypto..
[/quote]

Auroracoin 1.0 was once worth hundreds of millions.  Did that make you want to sell all your bitshares?
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline mf-tzo

• View Profile
I have noticed a new coin in coinmarketcap called helleniccoin shooting up. Apparently this will save Greece from capital controls and it will save the Greek economy..lolololol...
If for any reason this coin surpasses bitshares in market cap then this will be the end for me. I will sell all my bts at once go buy a coffee and never look back at any crypto..

Offline lil_jay890

• View Profile
About to get passed by stellar to fall to 11

Offline Ander

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Ander
Man, how is BTS under 1700?   I gotta keep making trading money and buying it. :P
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline mf-tzo

• View Profile
the only problem is that some of us just don't have any money to invest in anything anymore..

I wish I have sold some BTS when we had decent market caps so I could have some funds to invest now and buy back x5 my original stake..I don't mind if it takes 1 month to launch or 5 more years BTS to reach its potential. I am just frustrated that new comers can just buy BTS at these levels when long term bagholders like my self bought them x5-6 of current prices and kept them (PTS, BTS) for the last 2 years..I mean keeping something for so long and supporting it should somehow be rewarding but instead the market punished us.. I know life is unfair and everyone is responsible for his actions..

So a word of advice for the new money here: Now is your chance to get a very nice piece of the pie.

and something for people who sold at high levels : Don't be too greedy. Don't kill the price so you can accumulate more and more. Start supporting the prices again before BTS goes to the levels of the abyss and there is no coming back from there..

Offline nomoreheroes7

• King of all the land
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: nomoreheroes7
I imagine the price is going to just keep swinging around aimlessly at these levels until we get word of a serious, concrete time for BTS 2.0 launch. It all seems so up in the air right now; for all we know the launch could be delayed for months or into 2016. As soon as a date is set and we approach it you can pretty much guarantee there will be hype/price rise/excitement.

...so if you're smart, you'd be buying now, while the market is still uncertain. Obviously more risky than buying after knowing the BTS 2.0 launch is set in stone, but I trust Dan and co to pull through.

Offline liondani

• Inch by inch, play by play
    • View Profile
    • My detailed info
  • BitShares: liondani
  • GitHub: liondani
It's funny looking on cmc right now and seeing everyone in the top 10 up 2% or more over the last 24 hrs, but Bitshares is down 6%

Did you not notice that Bithares as one of the few and perhaps even one of the few times allover even for bitshares went up in price when bitcoin went down yesterday. Bitshares would have nomally followed bitcoin down like the rest but instead it went up and is partly the reason why it still staying above 1600.

When BTC went up today, bts went down, which it has done it seems every single time, but the reaction yesterday tells me that bts is getting stronger and a good sign towards the upcoming launch

good point, I like your analysis and I tend to agree looking it from that perspective   ;)

Offline luckybit

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Luckybit
It's funny looking on cmc right now and seeing everyone in the top 10 up 2% or more over the last 24 hrs, but Bitshares is down 6%

Did you not notice that Bithares as one of the few and perhaps even one of the few times allover even for bitshares went up in price when bitcoin went down yesterday. Bitshares would have nomally followed bitcoin down like the rest but instead it went up and is partly the reason why it still staying above 1600.

When BTC went up today, bts went down, which it has done it seems every single time, but the reaction yesterday tells me that bts is getting stronger and a good sign towards the upcoming launch

1600 seems to be the current floor. All of the price moves are predictable though, it was pumped up on the announcement of Bitshares 2.0 and now it's back to where it was prior to the announcement.

chryspano

AFAIK there is no price manipulation in the crypto world.(lol)

We should all sell our crappy and useles bts and buy litecoins and dogecoins and catcoins like all real men do!!!

Take a look at all that innovation out there!!!!!

http://www.coindesk.com/bitfury-light-bulbs-mine-bitcoin/

What do we have to offer compared to them?

There are rumors that litecoin will offer 10% more lumens in a slightly more "bluish" color!! now that's what I call innovation!!!

Offline openledger

• Board Moderator
  • Blockchain powered, people driven
    • View Profile
    • OpenLedger.info - Blockchain Solutions, Services and Products for Businesses
  • BitShares: ccedkbts

OpenLedger blockchain in services and solutions - https://openledger.info
BitShares explorer: https://bitsharescan.com
BitShares commitee member since 2015

Offline BunkerChainLabs-DataSecurityNode

I think what you are seeing is just where money can be made 'today' on trades.. whereas in our ecosystem because of the pending 2.0 there isn't the same swings and volume as they can get across all the others.

I don't think this has anything to do with fundamentals.. it's just the money following money... and this drive down in price I think is really so a huge uptake can take place...

Doesn't anybody not recall a pending announcement with a real bank? If I had the money to drive down BTS pending that announcement so I could create a upswing after that I would.

Disclaimer: I am not a trader by any stretch of the imagination.. I am just like most of you here talking out of my ass with an opinion because the forum lets me. :P
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
www.Peerplays.com | Decentralized Gaming Built with Graphene - Now with BookiePro and Sweeps!
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Offline Akado

• View Profile
  • BitShares: akado

something must be really wrong with the project!
Can somebody explain it?
I am definitely lucking to give a logical explanation...
Even crap coins have more support right now.
Is it just a matter of... trust? I can't think anything else...

Maybe just accumulation phase before 2.0 is released? Even if people are not sold on BitShares, a good and opportunist pump and dumper would see this as an opportunity to get some gains, given that we are one of the top cryptos and has an all time high of ~$0.05. It probably won't even go near that but people interested in a quick buck could probably see this like a good opportunity, even if they don't care about BitShares at all

Offline liondani

• Inch by inch, play by play
    • View Profile
    • My detailed info
  • BitShares: liondani
  • GitHub: liondani

something must be really wrong with the project!
Can somebody explain it?
I am definitely lucking to give a logical explanation...
Even crap coins have more support right now.
Is it just a matter of... trust? I can't think anything else...

Offline bitmeat

• View Profile
Man this is an exciting time. We are now counting the weeks, maybe days until BitShares is discovered by the masses. :o

To all you newbies reading this... just imagine..
If you buy 10,000 BTS right now (~$40 at https://www.ccedk.com/signup), if the BTS price hits $1 then your BTS are worth $10,000.

CCEDK makes it super easy, all you have to do is open an account, wire some fiat into your account, then "Instant Order" into some BTS and withdraw it to your wallet, done.

If you're not buying BTS right now, you're definitely not paying attention.

First it has to get to $0.01 and at least stabilize around that level.

Offline lil_jay890

• View Profile