Author Topic: Bitshares price discussion  (Read 887078 times)

Xeldal

My partner had a dream last night of whales eating people... might be relevant. ? ;)

Offline ag

• View Profile
I dreamed last night that BTS went to 6400 sats overnight, then woke up and was sad it was still under 1600.
lol!
My first dream of Bitshares price increase in July 2014 came true. Since then my dreams of bitshares price spikes have not came true once!

I did have a dream, that bytemaster is an incarnation of an alien that Stan had contact with in his 20's. Stan made a sort of pact with the alien entity... although I'm not sure he realized it would reincarnate as his son. But it had to be that way so they could continue to work together so that their aim would be realized. I think Stan had to choose between his future wife and the alien. There was conflict in his life in this period over the contact. That was my dream - what I can remember anyways. I doubt it's true but it would hep to explain BM's amazingness.

Offline Ander

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Ander
I dreamed last night that BTS went to 6400 sats overnight, then woke up and was sad it was still under 1600.
lol!

It was a premonition :)  Wait for it...

I honestly remember Ander's handle in a dream last night in bold and green □□ANDER□□ I thought that was a weird thing to dream about and now you say you had a dream BTS would go to 6400 sats overnight and green is the color of stock gains. So maybe it was a premonition...

Coming soon...

If only premonitions were an actual feature of reality, and not just your brain processing the information it knows and hopes for and is thinking about. :P
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline BunkerChainLabs-DataSecurityNode

lol!

I honestly remember Ander's handle in a dream last night in bold and green □□ANDER□□ I thought that was a weird thing to dream about and now you say you had a dream BTS would go to 6400 sats overnight and green is the color of stock gains. So maybe it was a premonition...

Coming soon...

+5% .. The heavy money driving down BTS now certainly would want things to go this way. :) A 5X in a month and a bit.. yes please.
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
www.Peerplays.com | Decentralized Gaming Built with Graphene - Now with BookiePro and Sweeps!
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Offline Empirical1.2

• View Profile
lol!

Coming soon...

If you want to take the island burn the boats

Offline Ander

• View Profile
lol!

:p

When the price goes down, it feels terrible, so people get angry.  They say things and complain about things they wouldnt complain about if the price was doing well.  It makes people doubt the project.  This is all very natural.  We need 2.0 and a rally really badly, and everyone will start to feel better.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

lol!

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
www.Peerplays.com | Decentralized Gaming Built with Graphene - Now with BookiePro and Sweeps!
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Offline Ander

• View Profile
lol!

Are you saying BTS will receive transaction fees from IDentabit and other projects Graphene is licensed too?

If you're saying BTS could be independently successful because BTS transaction fees will fund development and incentivise marketing then yes that's the aim and business model. It doesn't effect/change any of my above statements though?

No, only CNX would receive any kind of transactions if there is such an arrangement with identabit.

I am saying that trading, markets, futures, bonds, refer transactions, bitassets, exchanges like CCEDK and BANX and BunkerDEX all will be running transactions that require BTS.

The narrative coming out of this thread is beginning to lean towards making BTS out as though its just a one trick pony coin to compare to things like a brownie UIA and identibit putting its value in a sharedrop? This outlook is extremely tunnel visioned and flawed if this is where these theories are coming from.

Come the introduction of 2.0 there is no more speculation as to the utility of BTS.. it's the supporting currency for an entire decentralized marketplace. It's what powers bitassets.. it's what makes multi-sigs possible.. it's what pays out refer bonuses.. the list goes on and on and on.

These theories on the price to me seem to just ignore the reality of what BTS value proposition will provide in 2.0.

I say it again though.. if you are looking for a reason why it's so low.. I say its because the big money players see all that I just stated and are driving the price/market down as much as possible as the release of 2.0 approaches so that they will realize 4X multiples inside of a very short period.

That's my take anyways.
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Offline Empirical1.2

• View Profile
thank you for this answer

i didnt think that the brownis has anything to do with the price drop

i watch a lot of coins couse i have them
and all of them dorp
its the time being i guess
all of them are beta in best if not alfa status

i am  a holder i see things on longterms

i walked with bitshares since the beginning and i updated all the versions ... smile

now i wait for 2.0 couse i think my lapi will handle that better then the privious wallets
( do we know a launch date yet? )

i was just courious how they think brownies did affect the price , couse i could not see a way brownies could do that

2.0 is looking very good :) I don't know the launch date but you can maybe see 2.0 here https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,18064.0.html      It's very fast and easy to use.

You're right Brownies may not affect the price, it's possible though.

let me put together what i understood so far:

BM and devs did good work and did that on the money from foundraiseing at the beginning
as i recall i read somewhere it was about 2.3 mil

that money is spend (gone) none of them got rich

then they created a new company ( i dont recall the name right now)

and they give out licence couse that guys need to earn a living

bitshares 2.0 will be the last update for free

all the devs develop after that will be with licences you have to buy
if you want that
right ?
and brownies are just a reward for good work and helping the bitshares project

dintendbit ? where is that conected with it ?

I think BitShares 2.0 which uses Graphene will always be updated for BTS but if we want big new features then we will have to pay money, which is fair because the developers need to earn money and like you said the other money is gone.

The licence for Graphene owned by their new company CNX, will sell the license to some normal businesses that don't compete with BitShares so that they can make money and earn a living.

IDentabit is a new company the developers are giving a Graphene license too. It is like BTS except with BTS you don't need to give your name or details but with IDentabit you will need to give your details. That way more banks and other normal businesses can maybe work with it.

Yes Brownies are a reward for good work from Bytemaster and IDentabit has chosen to give them some shares maybe because it wants those people to want to do good work for IDentabit too.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2015, 05:23:02 pm by Empirical1.2 »

Offline roselee

• View Profile
let me put together what i understood so far:

BM and devs did good work and did that on the money from foundraiseing at the beginning
as i recall i read somewhere it was about 2.3 mil

that money is spend (gone) none of them got rich

then they created a new company ( i dont recall the name right now)

and they give out licence couse that guys need to earn a living

bitshares 2.0 will be the last update for free

all the devs develop after that will be with licences you have to buy
if you want that
right ?
and brownies are just a reward for good work and helping the bitshares project

dintendbit ? where is that conected with it ?

Offline Empirical1.2

• View Profile
I seriously doubt that selling 30k BTS for Brownies is the reason that BTS value is dropping..I don't think that people will start dumping BTS for Brownies..Especially when Brownies have absolutely no strings attached, haven't promissed officially any sharedrop of anything in the future and can magically dissapear from your wallet if BM chooses to..

On the contrary I would say that people started to dump Brownies in order to buy BTS..

What are Brownies? Sorry, noob.

The founder and lead developer on BitShares recently started Brownies to reward people for their contributions.

https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,17354.0.html

They were recently given 20% equity in a new venture called IDentabit

https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/board,96.0.html   (Active BS community allocation)

There's speculation they may be awarded equity in CNX - a separate company recently set up by the developers that owns the rights to the new platform, Graphene,  that is being released on BitShares in the next few months.

You can also purchase Brownies in the wallet, but they are subject to dilution at any time & possible confiscation if the lead developer doesn't like you/your actions because they're kind of his personal reward tokens.

Personally I'm not a fan.

it is news to me that you can sell brownies .... and why could them have affect on the price of bts ?
thought they are not at all conected ?
is there someone that could enlighten me ?

Brownies are being given 20% of IDentabits initial equity. https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,17934.0.html

If you thought IDentabit might be worth $3 million then that could make Brownies worth $600 000. So BTS holders may sell their BTS for Brownies if they believe they are significantly undervalued, as most will divert existing BTS rather than bring in new money, it could significantly lower the price of BTS especially when there is very little demand for BTS at the moment (And also merger shares and delegate dilution creating selling pressure as well.)

My second view which  may be incorrect is that - one of the reasons people invested in PTS, AGS and then BTS was that there was a social consensus than anyone who used the BitShares toolkit and also received help from BitShares devs should drop a % of equity onto those holders. This is no longer the case because CNX own the new toolkit, Graphene. However Brownies are now BM's personal reward tokens. With the IDentabit precedent it seems they may be a sharedrop token for anything BM is part of and there is speculation they may also get CNX shares at some point. The fact that BTS isn't going to benefit from all Graphene DAC's makes it worth less and the fact that Brownies might makes them worth more, possibly moving value as well over time from BTS to Brownies.

& while correlation is not causation. Since the IDentabit announcement, BitShares has lost over 25% of its' value in the space of only 10 days

Where does the fact that the entire Bitshares ecosystem will be powered by BTS transaction fees fit into this?

This premise makes BTS itself seem to be one dimensional when really it's not.

Can you clarify why this whole theory ignores this or does it fit in some way that hasn't been explained?

Are you saying BTS will receive transaction fees from IDentabit and other projects Graphene is licensed too?

If you're saying BTS could be independently successful because BTS transaction fees will fund development and incentivise marketing then yes that's the aim and business model. It doesn't effect/change any of my above statements though?
« Last Edit: August 23, 2015, 05:05:18 pm by Empirical1.2 »

I seriously doubt that selling 30k BTS for Brownies is the reason that BTS value is dropping..I don't think that people will start dumping BTS for Brownies..Especially when Brownies have absolutely no strings attached, haven't promissed officially any sharedrop of anything in the future and can magically dissapear from your wallet if BM chooses to..

On the contrary I would say that people started to dump Brownies in order to buy BTS..

The founder and lead developer on BitShares recently started Brownies to reward people for their contributions.

https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/board,96.0.html   (Active BS community allocation)

There's speculation they may be awarded equity in CNX - a separate company recently set up by the developers that owns the rights to the new platform, Graphene,  that is being released on BitShares in the next few months.

You can also purchase Brownies in the wallet, but they are subject to dilution at any time & possible confiscation if the lead developer doesn't like you/your actions because they're kind of his personal reward tokens.

it is news to me that you can sell brownies .... and why could them have affect on the price of bts ?

Brownies are being given 20% of IDentabits initial equity. https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,17934.0.html

If you thought IDentabit might be worth $3 million then that could make Brownies worth $600 000. So BTS holders may sell their BTS for Brownies if they believe they are significantly undervalued, as most will divert existing BTS rather than bring in new money, it could significantly lower the price of BTS especially when there is very little demand for BTS at the moment (And also merger shares and delegate dilution creating selling pressure as well.)

My second view which  may be incorrect is that - one of the reasons people invested in PTS, AGS and then BTS was that there was a social consensus than anyone who used the BitShares toolkit and also received help from BitShares devs should drop a % of equity onto those holders. This is no longer the case because CNX own the new toolkit, Graphene. However Brownies are now BM's personal reward tokens. With the IDentabit precedent it seems they may be a sharedrop token for anything BM is part of and there is speculation they may also get CNX shares at some point. The fact that BTS isn't going to benefit from all Graphene DAC's makes it worth less and the fact that Brownies might makes them worth more, possibly moving value as well over time from BTS to Brownies.

Where does the fact that the entire Bitshares ecosystem will be powered by BTS transaction fees fit into this?

This premise makes BTS itself seem to be one dimensional when really it's not.

Can you clarify why this whole theory ignores this or does it fit in some way that hasn't been explained?
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Offline roselee

• View Profile
thank you for this answer

i didnt think that the brownis has anything to do with the price drop

i watch a lot of coins couse i have them
and all of them dorp
its the time being i guess
all of them are beta in best if not alfa status

i am  a holder i see things on longterms

i walked with bitshares since the beginning and i updated all the versions ... smile

now i wait for 2.0 couse i think my lapi will handle that better then the privious wallets
( do we know a launch date yet? )

i was just courious how they think brownies did affect the price , couse i could not see a way brownies could do that

Offline Empirical1.2

• View Profile

& while correlation is not causation. Since the IDentabit announcement, BitShares has lost over 25% of its' value in the space of only 10 days.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2015, 04:57:46 pm by Empirical1.2 »