Author Topic: Bitshares price discussion  (Read 898315 times)

Offline Akado

• View Profile
  • BitShares: akado
bts1.0 is now officially "not BTS". Coinmarketcap should remove them from BTS markets as they're not trading BTS anymore. They're trading an old token from another blockchain.

That's the same as creating some random coin with huge supply and place a market called Bitcoin where you would dump all of your coins and people would just think they're trading BTC while they're not.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline liondani

• Inch by inch, play by play
    • View Profile
    • My detailed info
  • BitShares: liondani
  • GitHub: liondani
why has poloniex stop the deposit to them?
How the fu$#$ck will the traders that have margin long position's support their order's?

Offline lzr1900

• View Profile

Offline werneo

• View Profile
    • chronicle of the precession of simulacra
  • BitShares: werneo
The angle of the medium term downtrend (green lines) has been reconfirmed by the two new lows. I think it's likely future lows will track down that blue line for a while. When prices drop *below* the blue line, they will fall fast before we see a strong reversal. I have no clue what the low will be, but I do expect a quick spike up on emotion right after the lowest low is hit.

« Last Edit: October 16, 2015, 09:16:25 pm by werneo »

Offline inarizushi

• View Profile
How did you guys cope when bts went from a 40 to 15 mill market cap in the first 4 months?

At first I didn't really cope, especially since I was on margin all along. Then I accepted that since I was in for the long run because I think this project has real and not only speculative value, and so price is completely irrelevant if you hold, and that the underlying "real" value doesn't change because some trader dumped. The value of the market is not the real value. Since in crypto now it's 95% of speculation, the price goes crazy with almost no correlation with the changes in real value.

As Hadrian said, in the long run your BTS are worth either 0 or much, and the entry price is basically irrelevant. If you believe in BTS and are not a trader, buy what you can afford when you think the time is right, never sell and don't go margin.

With this philosophy, when the price goes down 50%, you haven't actually lost anything: it's still worth either 0 or much.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline hadrian

• View Profile
  • BitShares: hadrian
When I buy, I buy to HODL because:

I'm here for the cause man.  If I get rich along the way then all the better, but if bts went to 0 I would be way more bummed for the future of humanity than I would be for any money I lost.

If I buy to hodl then I can't go wrong at these prices - if BitShares succeeds it's an obvious win; if it fails the price is pretty much irrelevant anyway!

Also:
Remember we are trying to grow the pie of our investors, not just fight over the same crypto people that every other coin is.

Attracting a whole new demographic is not going to happen 2 days after launch.

Offline puppies

• View Profile
  • BitShares: puppies
How did you guys cope when bts went from a 40 to 15 mill market cap in the first 4 months?

Keeping your mind on the ultimate goal helps.

Offline krickets12

• View Profile

Tuck Fheman

... and saw people are hyping this bts shit and it seems legit so don't blame us for trying to find the most innovative crap and trying to support it. I'm all about doing research[/b] on projects and trying to understand them but I'm not very technical and what I'm finding is that I could have done better just following those scammers who just pump n dump worhtless shit so sorry for bein angry.

Crypto is a very frustrating environment for noobs who've just been getting wiped out when we try to pick out the most innovative crap and the pump n dumpers and manipulative shorters are killing us. No noob money means no new money.

Oh man, I just had a flashback to 2013 ... when Dunning-Kruger was managing everyone's money with cognitive dissonance. ;)

Offline krickets12

• View Profile

Crypto isn't the only frustrating environment for newbs... just try the stock market.  Jumping from hyped company to hyped company will net you the same result as jumping from hyped coin to hyped coin.

Here's another saying "Those that buy newspaper headlines today, sell newspaper tomorrow"

And if you think you can do better following scammers, then do it instead of complaining here.

I don't want to follow the scammers but this is making me pretty cynical. I'm sticking in till I go broke but its pretty ridiculous that every crypto across the board lost value in the past 2 years. If crypto fails it just means human nature slaughtered a good thing once again.

Offline puppies

• View Profile
  • BitShares: puppies
There is a point in every investment that if a line is crossed there is no come back no matter what..

Speaking of that, what is that point for all of you? 

Secretly I want to own all teh BitShares!!!

I'm here for the cause man.  If I get rich along the way then all the better, but if bts went to 0 I would be way more bummed for the future of humanity than I would be for any money I lost.

Tuck Fheman

There is a point in every investment that if a line is crossed there is no come back no matter what..

Speaking of that, what is that point for all of you? 

Secretly I want to own all teh BitShares!!!

Offline lil_jay890

• View Profile
Well fk man I came from having to sell ether cus that shit is tanking so hard (long term ether believer I will buy back at the bottom but we probably haven't reached it. I'm not one of those people who look for the newest project and get out just because I haven't gotten rich in a week but I've taken -80% loss since I decided to hold what I bought at the ipo and bought more at .004) and saw people are hyping this bts shit and it seems legit so don't blame us for trying to find the most innovative crap and trying to support it. I'm all about doing research on projects and trying to understand them but I'm not very technical and what I'm finding is that I could have done better just following those scammers who just pump n dump worhtless shit so sorry for bein angry.

Crypto is a very frustrating environment for noobs who've just been getting wiped out when we try to pick out the most innovative crap and the pump n dumpers and manipulative shorters are killing us. No noob money means no new money.

Crypto isn't the only frustrating environment for newbs... just try the stock market.  Jumping from hyped company to hyped company will net you the same result as jumping from hyped coin to hyped coin.

Here's another saying "Those that buy newspaper headlines today, sell newspaper tomorrow"

And if you think you can do better following scammers, then do it instead of complaining here.

Offline krickets12

• View Profile
Well fk man I came from having to sell ether cus that shit is tanking so hard (long term ether believer I will buy back at the bottom but we probably haven't reached it. I'm not one of those people who look for the newest project and get out just because I haven't gotten rich in a week but I've taken -80% loss since I decided to hold what I bought at the ipo and bought more at .004) and saw people are hyping this bts shit and it seems legit so don't blame us for trying to find the most innovative crap and trying to support it. I'm all about doing research on projects and trying to understand them but I'm not very technical and what I'm finding is that I could have done better just following those scammers who just pump n dump worhtless shit so sorry for bein angry.

« Last Edit: October 15, 2015, 05:22:00 pm by krickets12 »