Author Topic: Bitshares price discussion  (Read 886986 times)

Offline nomoreheroes7

• King of all the land
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: nomoreheroes7
Wow BTS going up. Thats not supposed to be a thing that it can do. :P

China's going nuts. Getting cray cray now.

Offline Ander

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Ander
Wow BTS going up. Thats not supposed to be a thing that it can do. :P
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline BunkerChainLabs-DataSecurityNode

I dont really believe it's newbies that cause all this cryptos to pump... This doesnt seem a wave of new users. Someone manipulated and started the initial pumps and masses desperatly follow since everyone's been itching for a bull market I guess? Plus Ethereum has lot of apparently bullish news.

I've had people contact me about crypto lately wanting to get in, and thinking this is a good time. I think they are right on, that the sentiment is shifting. I had this crazy experience a few days ago as well, as I attended a presentation on some crypto I had never heard about, "onecoin," and it's not even listed on coinmarketcap, but it's a centralized network with an idolized leader and a multi-level referral structure, and it was extremely sophisticated in terms of caputuring 40-60 year olds who had no idea what crypto was, talking almost nothing about the coin itself, just all about the promise of great returns and being part of the next great thing, being almost cultlike in speech and enthusiasm. Both of these experiences probably colored how I view these pumps, but it seems only natural that it happens now as the existential crisis is somewhat avoided and alts have been artificially low for so long, and the infrastructure has matured to collect the masses in so many ways that we might not even realize judging just from our "coinmarketcap" surroundings.

Maybe its them!

It wouldn't be the first time a ponzi played the crypto markets.
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
www.Peerplays.com | Decentralized Gaming Built with Graphene - Now with BookiePro and Sweeps!
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Offline CLains

• View Profile
  • BitShares: clains
I dont really believe it's newbies that cause all this cryptos to pump... This doesnt seem a wave of new users. Someone manipulated and started the initial pumps and masses desperatly follow since everyone's been itching for a bull market I guess? Plus Ethereum has lot of apparently bullish news.

I've had people contact me about crypto lately wanting to get in, and thinking this is a good time. I think they are right on, that the sentiment is shifting. I had this crazy experience a few days ago as well, as I attended a presentation on some crypto I had never heard about, "onecoin," and it's not even listed on coinmarketcap, but it's a centralized network with an idolized leader and a multi-level referral structure, and it was extremely sophisticated in terms of caputuring 40-60 year olds who had no idea what crypto was, talking almost nothing about the coin itself, just all about the promise of great returns and being part of the next great thing, being almost cultlike in speech and enthusiasm. Both of these experiences probably colored how I view these pumps, but it seems only natural that it happens now as the existential crisis is somewhat avoided and alts have been artificially low for so long, and the infrastructure has matured to collect the masses in so many ways that we might not even realize judging just from our "coinmarketcap" surroundings.

Offline Akado

• View Profile
  • BitShares: akado
getting to 1k. how come all cryptos keep rising? i doubt there is new people coming in, there are no reasons for that. what's left? pumps?

Been wondering the same, something funky is going on in here, alts getting spiked on a tremendous voume like theres no tomorrow. Maybe theres a huge btc dump in the works possibly related to hearns bullchit or blocksize consensus.

Take a look at this thread https://np.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/42e551/25_billion_worth_of_bitcoin_transactions_verified/

https://blockchain.info/block/0000000000000000038503620631d260165c351bd5da432524cf6ab4d98f1418

@FIAThater  I love conspiracy theories!  :P
Or just to make people think like that and exit their BTC positions into alts, attempting to dump for someone to get in at lower prices while they can till the halving. Then at the halving btc gets pumped and everyone left in the dust. That would be a player one step ahead of everyone else, already taking profits of alts only to make even more during the btc halving.

Far fetched but people go to great lengths to make money, let's not forget that. That person would always be one step ahead. As far fetched as it may sound, it's just genius at the same time! Literally buying when everyone sells and selling when everyone buys. Sneaky genius! All speculation but it makes sense imo.

As for Ethereum, I really don't know what to do. I would expect it to slowly bleed until the $100/80M marketcap because of this pump. But meanwhile Homestead might be released so it's a huge gamble...

@CLains I dont really believe it's newbies that cause all this cryptos to pump... This doesnt seem a wave of new users. Someone manipulated and started the initial pumps and masses desperatly follow since everyone's been itching for a bull market I guess? Plus Ethereum has lot of apparently bullish news.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline CLains

• View Profile
  • BitShares: clains
BTS is rising because some snot nosed kid cashed some Ether gains for a BTS stake that will forever be BIGGER than yours!!!

Peace brother...

Haha, I know I am using any profits to stash away some extra BTS for the long term. All these alts rising now are based on nothing but newbie speculators coming into the scene, and that's how it is. What difference does the tech foundation mean in the eyes of someone coming into this scene in a rush wanting a piece of the pie? Nothing, they just look at the name and the front-page of the website and place their bets. The more mainstream it gets, the more superficial things will matter. The only difference will emerge in the aftermath, when the Quarks and World and Mega and Infinities of the altcoin world finally meet reality, but by then us savvy folks can retire into the Great Alts that actually have a future. It would be great if BTS could catch some of these newbs for a proper pump, but we seem incapable of understanding just how naive the average buyer is, and how simple it is to brand for that. Hopefully Ronny can help get a marketing push off the ground as the world gathers around to watch the spectacle, but in any case, whether BitShares booms or just limpers along for the ride, the efficiency, self-funding and self-governing structure will, in the end, catch fire, and that's why I accumulate BTS with care even as I try to catch the multitude popping.

Offline FIAThater

• View Profile
I confess to selling from ANGEL today to cover some expenses.   Unfortunately, I sold just prior to the big pump :( 

On the brighter side super33 appears to be out of BTS to sell.
how  many  bts that ags  fund  have ?  if  have  how to use this fund ,  it is belong  to  who ? ,according to ags donation commitment , it is belong to community, and now many community member do not satisfy with you
bm because you make big mistake that hurt bts (maybe it is not my view, it is just the views  i get from QQ group ) but this is not important. so do you  have right to use ags fund ?  i think  you  do not  have  right
i suggest  that you distory all bts of  ags fund  (if ags fund have bts). leave the last dignity

so i suggest  that  you dist

Just looking at this price action, you can tell that there are a ton of trapped longs just trying to get out around even...

Wut? Whatever ure trying to say, I think u have a very vague understanding of how these markets work.

they are probably going to chase ethereum and get burned in the same way. 

Flawed logic right there.

Cryto traders are idiots... they chase whatever is hot.  Most have no plan and hope to get rich in 6 months on 1 hot investment.

Please enlighten me with why my logic may be flawed.

U sound like ur frustration comes from being out of the loop on this one. Mist is out, we had vitalik talking up zk-snarks again, R3 had their spokesman announcing the successful implementation of their experimental blockchain-based eth-aligned financial platfrom, azure service will come to fruition soon. Not a big science that pooptons of wealthy ppl that are not screwing around, will be coming aboard when the news hit the really big pockets and big economy. Why would u blame average joes for their interest to highly speculative markets like eth?

Trapped longs ... Dude... Have u followed the market? Distinct falling wage starting early nov and ending mid jan, double bottom 400/500 sato, cmf indicates big monies injection, alligator gone max retard, signalling of a trend reversal followed by a ascending triangle. I bet there would be lots of squeezed shorts at a 1300 range before the next huge bullish pennant is formed and the prices are taken to sub 2K level.

The trapped longs I am talking about are the people who invested in PTS/AGS... not short/medium term that you seem to be referring to.  These long term holders have had their shares vesting and havn't been able to sell.  At one point they saw their investment nearly 10x higher than current market cap only to watch those paper gains disappear.  There are lots of holders of bts in this position.  There is a ton of supply that is steadily hitting the bts market.

I understand that there are several "bullish" announcements and news events with crypto... but those don't always translate to price increases.  Ethereum is bubbling right now.  I wouldn't be surprised to see this back sub 100 million in the next 3 months or so just to shake out the weak late coming bulls.  Not saying that it won't be worth over a billion in the next few years though after the crypto specs are shaken out.

Then these angel fund investors could be the owners of meager sells and are now attempting to bust the support as bids hit 1K. These ppl have in fact been accumulating the shares over quite a long period of time, to try and lower their average buying price, to be able to get out  in the bubble. As we see the next bullish advancement these microsells get thicker which proves that a typical exit scenario for many tiny holders is taking place and since they have been accumulating the asset since long and were unable to chime in with their dumps in october, they would try to recoup their losses and get out at the best possible rate they could get. Last time vietnamese / chinese group blew the volume up the price went up to as high as 3200 making a lot of sad faces in here.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2016, 05:02:36 pm by FIAThater »

Offline BTSdac

• View Profile
  • BitShares: K1
I confess to selling from ANGEL today to cover some expenses.   Unfortunately, I sold just prior to the big pump :( 

how  many  bts that ags  fund  have ?  if  have  how to use this fund ,  it is belong  to  who ? ,according to ags donation commitment , it is belong to community, and now many community member do not satisfy with you
bm because you make big mistake that hurt bts (maybe it is not my view, it is just the views  i get from QQ group ) but this is not important. so do you  have right to use ags fund ?  i think  you  do not  have  right
i suggest  that you distory all bts of  ags fund  (if ags fund have bts). leave the last dignity

hi bm  any comments for  this suggestion
and do you  think if you need to give a report to tell pubic the detail of ags funds
github.com :pureland
BTS2.0 API :ws://139.196.37.179:8091
BTS2.0 API 数据源ws://139.196.37.179:8091

Offline giant middle finger

• View Profile
BTS is rising because some snot nosed kid cashed some Ether gains for a BTS stake that will forever be BIGGER than yours!!!

Peace brother...

Offline lil_jay890

• View Profile

Just looking at this price action, you can tell that there are a ton of trapped longs just trying to get out around even...

Wut? Whatever ure trying to say, I think u have a very vague understanding of how these markets work.

Cryto traders are idiots... they chase whatever is hot.  Most have no plan and hope to get rich in 6 months on 1 hot investment.

U sound like ur frustration comes from being out of the loop on this one. Mist is out, we had vitalik talking up zk-snarks again, R3 had their spokesman announcing the successful implementation of their experimental blockchain-based eth-aligned financial platfrom, azure service will come to fruition soon. Not a big science that pooptons of wealthy ppl that are not screwing around, will be coming aboard when the news hit the really big pockets and big economy. Why would u blame average joes for their interest to highly speculative markets like eth?

Trapped longs ... Dude... Have u followed the market? Distinct falling wage starting early nov and ending mid jan, double bottom 400/500 sato, cmf indicates big monies injection, alligator gone max retard, signalling of a trend reversal followed by a ascending triangle. I bet there would be lots of squeezed shorts at a 1300 range before the next huge bullish pennant is formed and the prices are taken to sub 2K level.

The trapped longs I am talking about are the people who invested in PTS/AGS... not short/medium term that you seem to be referring to.  These long term holders have had their shares vesting and havn't been able to sell.  At one point they saw their investment nearly 10x higher than current market cap only to watch those paper gains disappear.  There are lots of holders of bts in this position.  There is a ton of supply that is steadily hitting the bts market.

I understand that there are several "bullish" announcements and news events with crypto... but those don't always translate to price increases.  Ethereum is bubbling right now.  I wouldn't be surprised to see this back sub 100 million in the next 3 months or so just to shake out the weak late coming bulls.  Not saying that it won't be worth over a billion in the next few years though after the crypto specs are shaken out.

Offline FIAThater

• View Profile
getting to 1k. how come all cryptos keep rising? i doubt there is new people coming in, there are no reasons for that. what's left? pumps?

Been wondering the same, something funky is going on in here, alts getting spiked on a tremendous voume like theres no tomorrow. Maybe theres a huge btc dump in the works possibly related to hearns bullchit or blocksize consensus.

Take a look at this thread https://np.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/42e551/25_billion_worth_of_bitcoin_transactions_verified/

https://blockchain.info/block/0000000000000000038503620631d260165c351bd5da432524cf6ab4d98f1418

Offline FIAThater

• View Profile

« Last Edit: January 27, 2016, 03:58:39 pm by FIAThater »

Offline lil_jay890

• View Profile

Offline Akado

• View Profile
  • BitShares: akado

Offline FIAThater

• View Profile