Author Topic: Bitshares price discussion  (Read 898265 times)

Offline morpheus

• View Profile
I would filter by filled orders as asshole1 is probably just creating and canceling. 

Looks like a steady linear uptrend for now.  Hopefully we can stabilize at higher rates.

Offline jsidhu

• View Profile
morpheus is our new Ander

I'm glad there is at least one person in the world that still believes in Bitshares' potential.

Here is something that makes me believe in BitShares - the exchange is actually growing in usage: http://cryptofresh.com/charts

The overall trend is up, and each of those peaks are higher.

You mean the asshole's "bot" is working greater each passing day?... well together of the other 'no-matching' bots?

Are the bots paying fees resulting in BTS being burned or returned to the reserve pool?  If so then it doesnt really matter whether its a bot or a person making the orders.

Successful exchanges with liquidity will attract a lot of bots.  Poloniex has tons of them, any time you put in a big order, bots will instantly move orders in front of it.

Its actually a really neat site to see whats happening with bitshares
Hired by blockchain | Developer
delegate: dev.sidhujag

Offline Ander

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Ander

I'm glad there is at least one person in the world that still believes in Bitshares' potential.

Here is something that makes me believe in BitShares - the exchange is actually growing in usage: http://cryptofresh.com/charts

You mean the asshole's "bot" is working greater each passing day?... well together of the other 'no-matching' bots?

Are the bots paying fees resulting in BTS being burned or returned to the reserve pool?  If so then it doesnt really matter whether its a bot or a person making the orders.

Successful exchanges with liquidity will attract a lot of bots.  Poloniex has tons of them, any time you put in a big order, bots will instantly move orders in front of it.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline FIAThater

• View Profile
My BTC expectations:
Dump then pump. Maybe down to 200, most likely below 300 only to shoot up to 500 by summer because of the halving

Could be down to 50 or 80 sato or better. Sub 20 sounds pretty realistic at this point.

Expecting to see the sell orders placed in sub 10 range.

50 or 80 satoshis? I was talking about btc price sorry

Yeap, right. I was thinking about bts doom hehe.

Offline Akado

• View Profile
  • BitShares: akado
My BTC expectations:
Dump then pump. Maybe down to 200, most likely below 300 only to shoot up to 500 by summer because of the halving

Could be down to 50 or 80 sato or better. Sub 20 sounds pretty realistic at this point.

50 or 80 satoshis? I was talking about btc price sorry
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline FIAThater

• View Profile
My BTC expectations:

Offline Akado

• View Profile
  • BitShares: akado
My BTC expectations:
Dump then pump. Maybe down to $200, most likely below $300 only to shoot up to $500 by summer because of the halving
« Last Edit: January 30, 2016, 03:49:34 pm by Akado »

Offline donkeypong

• View Profile

It is been decided - positivity is what matters most now.
I for sure am at my worst faking it.
For me objectivity is the thing most valuable to me.

Spewing venom is what we don't want. Honesty and objectivity are good.

Offline JoeyD

well, imagine a reality where physically I (it is better if you imagine yourself  in that situation) cannot speak. And I do mean  physically cannot speak.(imagine something as hard as: your boat home sunk in the gulf of Mexico and you needing to live in it in Holland)

... and the personal attacks on  fuzzy  are made up stuff (this time disability on his behalf... PTSD or something...)

And if you think I am here for the short run?!... quick gains or something.... you got me wrong. But I am not also here for the stupid decisions on the medium-long term, and opinionless... maybe not as idealistic as you JoeD but who the hell is.

Ok you lost me on the sunken boat stuff. I guess you mean you have no microphone or something like that.

Btw I wasn't trying to say you were in it for the short run, quick gains or anything like that. I was saying that you have a different perspective on things than I do. When I'm saying I'm an idealist, I do not mean that in the wishy washy political correct sense. I literally mean I have ideals which I think are the existential reasons for a particular solution. I do not believe in solutions for the heck of it, or for some unknown ideal. To me crypto and bitshares are nothing more than possible steps in the right direction, but in no way do I see them as some kind of holy grail and honestly I'm having a hard time dealing with all the ways I'm seeing crypto and bitshares going wrong. It's just that I haven't been able to find anything better. I suspect I might be a lot harder in my views than you are TonyK, bordering misanthropic. I'm absolutely not in favor of lack of opinion, fanboyism or justifying stupid decisions or being unrealistic. I was and still am quite critical of what has been going on here and the rest of the crypto space, although I did stop repeating myself after a couple of times and after my concerns were overruled or ignored by the community at large. Also I was never able to be as vocal about the trading and distributed exchange and it's concepts as you, because those were never topics that rocked my boat, nor where I had any knowledge or insight on.

It might be a language barrier thing, but I get the impression you think I'm attacking you or something happened here while I was away. I got swamped with real life trouble before the 2.0 cryptonomex switch happened and have been unable to keep up to speed on what's been going on here. But reading your latest post in this thread seems to point to you being pretty pissed off. This might be going off topic too much though. Sorry for derailing the topic, I was just surprised reading your post. Still wish I could get a chance talking to you again, I enjoyed my conversations with you and Gamey.

Offline tonyk

• View Profile
@tonyk I really hope that you don't leave us anytime soon. For what is worth I find your criticism on the spot most of the times..Some times you over do it but it is understandable...
Remember that you are not the only one losing lots of money with bts though..Lots of people lost everything the last couple of years with bts including my self..
However I still have a lot of faith on the project. The tech has potential and bts doesn't deserve to be where it is now..So my advice is keep the faith..Better days will come..I hope..

Of course comments from @bytemaster "I confess to selling from ANGEL today to cover some expenses.   Unfortunately, I sold just prior to the big pump :(  " do not help keep the faith...I mean for the love of god mate...What pump are you talking about?? from $7 mil to $10 mil? Seriously?? I thought that we believed as a community that bts should be valued above $50 mil at least..It should be valued above DOGE or Dash at least.. And then the core dev says things like that I am asking and asking my self why on earth I still believe in bts, why not sell everything take my losses like a man and move away from this community forever...

It is been decided - positivity is what matters most now.
I for sure am at my worst faking it.
For me objectivity is the thing most valuable to me.
Lack of arbitrage is the problem, isn't it. And this 'should' solves it.

Offline tonyk

• View Profile

« Last Edit: January 30, 2016, 01:16:37 am by tonyk »

Offline speedy

• View Profile
  • BitShares: speedy

Offline tonyk

• View Profile
I confess to selling from ANGEL today to cover some expenses.   Unfortunately, I sold just prior to the big pump :( 

On the brighter side super33 appears to be out of BTS to sell.

You should listen to every word this scammer has to say.

20 days ago he was paid 45K USD... 'some expenses' here just means he is selling every time BTS is above zero.... as he believes it will soon not be above that.

I listen to extended unofficial recording of today's mumble... and more than a few comments were directed at me (well I could be imagining that but...hell I do not)...

As far as BM goes... well, I have some faith left (otherwise I would not have listened) that this (BTS) is not a milking cow of yours, BM. Actions speak louder than words, so we will se how it goes in reality.
I will just repeat myself but the late December actions showed the opposite (go for the money on the table, with  no care what BTS needs...as long as we are going to be paid and it is not totally negative it is fine etc. etc.)

@jcalfee1 and others - If I have the tech skills to do it, I would have been doing about exactly what asshole1 is doing... and no, it is not just tech issues. so coming to CNX would not proven all of his points ( as far as I get them).
For you and  @onceuponatime  it is also about a flowed system of fees. My take on it (I might be wrong but that is what I have gathered and deducted) is - if you value your token at X BTS/token....just go ahead and get X tokens for every crapcoin in your fee pool.

The last thing I want to address is 'the negativity factor' - I do believe 90% of you perceive me as the definition of that (asides from the totally baseless one like newmine). Well I have always felt I am the balancing factor  against  this forum's fan mob... but if you do thinks you are better off in your cloud of no- reasonable checks to your blind believes.. you will have your wishes come true soon enough.

As per Muse? AS someone correctly posted - I am out of it so I have not posted in those threads in....well, let's say I am posting like my name is Eddie.... My only question is - why do you all care? If it is a scam or if it a 'project that already targets some else's money? your actions should be the same? [btw I was at total lost with Rivers point that cob does not run the show... so fatty Eddy does it! Is he more responsive, trusted or what... ]

PS
none

Huh, what the hell happened? I know you as a critical person TonyK, but I missed the part where you are seen as a new newmine on the forums. I know I was not on the forums that much lately, but what the hell. I can't remember a discussion about you specifically, or are you talking about me? After the MUSE-thing I mentioned having had a discussion with you on a forum thread long ago about peoples expectations. On another note, why aren't you on mumble anymore, I liked talking to you there. Did you and Fuzzy have a fight or something?

About the MUSE thing, I'm not sure if they are targeting the bitshares community to be brutally honest. I do agree with the remark that it's odd to not talk or keep in touch with people who've invested in the project. However, I've got this suspicion that the bitshares community is not the intended target of this new endeavor on the stage of the giant copyright industry that has so much money it can bend laws to reach across outside of their own jurisdiction.

As for fundamentals, I'm not a trader, but is the world of speculators enough to keep the bitshares project afloat? In my endless ignorance I thought that there was a need for real life businesses getting onboard and using the technology or appeal to the completely hobbyist free(dom) software enthusiasts. I personally was always more interested in the freedom part and the software toolkit allowing all kinds of blockchains to be developed. But you TonyK were always here to counter my idealistic fancies, so I kinda hoped you'd stay around to keep an eye out on the pragmatic and economic aspects.

I do agree with your point about getting tired about empty promises, but why would you attack fuzzy on that personally? What does Fuzzy have to do with "announcements" for bitshares?

Shit I really feel out of the loop, where can I read a summary on what happened?

well, imagine a reality where physically I (it is better if you imagine yourself  in that situation) cannot speak. And I do mean  physically cannot speak.(imagine something as hard as: your boat home sunk in the gulf of Mexico and you needing to live in it in Holland)

... and the personal attacks on  fuzzy  are made up stuff (this time disability on his behalf... PTSD or something...)

And if you think I am here for the short run?!... quick gains or something.... you got me wrong. But I am not also here for the stupid decisions on the medium-long term, and opinionless... maybe not as idealistic as you JoeD but who the hell is.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2016, 12:01:14 am by tonyk »

Offline Ander

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Ander

Offline JoeyD

I confess to selling from ANGEL today to cover some expenses.   Unfortunately, I sold just prior to the big pump :( 

On the brighter side super33 appears to be out of BTS to sell.

You should listen to every word this scammer has to say.

20 days ago he was paid 45K USD... 'some expenses' here just means he is selling every time BTS is above zero.... as he believes it will soon not be above that.

I listen to extended unofficial recording of today's mumble... and more than a few comments were directed at me (well I could be imagining that but...hell I do not)...

As far as BM goes... well, I have some faith left (otherwise I would not have listened) that this (BTS) is not a milking cow of yours, BM. Actions speak louder than words, so we will se how it goes in reality.
I will just repeat myself but the late December actions showed the opposite (go for the money on the table, with  no care what BTS needs...as long as we are going to be paid and it is not totally negative it is fine etc. etc.)

@jcalfee1 and others - If I have the tech skills to do it, I would have been doing about exactly what asshole1 is doing... and no, it is not just tech issues. so coming to CNX would not proven all of his points ( as far as I get them).
For you and  @onceuponatime  it is also about a flowed system of fees. My take on it (I might be wrong but that is what I have gathered and deducted) is - if you value your token at X BTS/token....just go ahead and get X tokens for every crapcoin in your fee pool.

The last thing I want to address is 'the negativity factor' - I do believe 90% of you perceive me as the definition of that (asides from the totally baseless one like newmine). Well I have always felt I am the balancing factor  against  this forum's fan mob... but if you do thinks you are better off in your cloud of no- reasonable checks to your blind believes.. you will have your wishes come true soon enough.

As per Muse? AS someone correctly posted - I am out of it so I have not posted in those threads in....well, let's say I am posting like my name is Eddie.... My only question is - why do you all care? If it is a scam or if it a 'project that already targets some else's money? your actions should be the same? [btw I was at total lost with Rivers point that cob does not run the show... so fatty Eddy does it! Is he more responsive, trusted or what... ]

PS
none

Huh, what the hell happened? I know you as a critical person TonyK, but I missed the part where you are seen as a new newmine on the forums. I know I was not on the forums that much lately, but what the hell. I can't remember a discussion about you specifically, or are you talking about me? After the MUSE-thing I mentioned having had a discussion with you on a forum thread long ago about peoples expectations. On another note, why aren't you on mumble anymore, I liked talking to you there. Did you and Fuzzy have a fight or something?

About the MUSE thing, I'm not sure if they are targeting the bitshares community to be brutally honest. I do agree with the remark that it's odd to not talk or keep in touch with people who've invested in the project. However, I've got this suspicion that the bitshares community is not the intended target of this new endeavor on the stage of the giant copyright industry that has so much money it can bend laws to reach across outside of their own jurisdiction.

As for fundamentals, I'm not a trader, but is the world of speculators enough to keep the bitshares project afloat? In my endless ignorance I thought that there was a need for real life businesses getting onboard and using the technology or appeal to the completely hobbyist free(dom) software enthusiasts. I personally was always more interested in the freedom part and the software toolkit allowing all kinds of blockchains to be developed. But you TonyK were always here to counter my idealistic fancies, so I kinda hoped you'd stay around to keep an eye out on the pragmatic and economic aspects.

I do agree with your point about getting tired about empty promises, but why would you attack fuzzy on that personally? What does Fuzzy have to do with "announcements" for bitshares?

Shit I really feel out of the loop, where can I read a summary on what happened?