Author Topic: Bitshares price discussion  (Read 887071 times)

Offline Ander

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Ander

Really wish we could go with Tony's proposal and block the sending of BTS, forcing everyone to trade on the DEX.

I think BTS would instantly go to 0 and stay there forever if we did that.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

chryspano

for-dana sent 500,000 BTS to poloniexwallet
15 hours ago
1 day ago
for-dana sent 1,000,000 BTS to poloniexwallet
4 days ago
for-dana sent 600,000 BTS to poloniexwallet
8 days ago
for-dana sent 400,000 BTS to poloniexwallet
8 days ago

Much less than localhost did though.

Really wish we could go with Tony's proposal and block the sending of BTS, forcing everyone to trade on the DEX.

hm...   Have you heard last Friday's mumble?
links
https://soundcloud.com/beyond-bitcoin-hangouts
http://bitsharesnews.info/

Here is what BM said about tonyk's idea...
So the next thing I would like to talk about and that people have requested is some feedback on tonyk’s suggestion of making BitShares only tradable on the DEX and forcing exchanges and anyone else to go through either bitAssets or IOU assets. This is a way of saying, let’s make BitShares the exclusive asset that can only trade on our own blockchain.

I think that it’s an interesting idea in that it forces people to use the system and it gets the BitShares off the exchanges. And it adds more liquidity in the market because anyone in or out and speculate on BitShares will now be forced to do so through trading on the BitShares exchange itself.

I find the approach is simultaneously heavy-handed and would greatly disrupt a large number of users. A lot of the liquidity that BitShares has is from speculators who have money on the exchanges such as Poloniex and BTC38, but who are unwilling to provide the same liquidity outside of that environment for the same reason that people don’t move to other exchanges.

Also they have bots that are programmed to use their API on Poloniex and they enjoy the instantaneous transfers of buying and selling between all of the assets on Poloniex and BTC38. So anything we do to restrict BitShares at this point in time is going to have massive short-term impacts on the liquidity of BitShares and liquidity is king.
Liquidity of BitShares itself is king as far as providing value and collateral for the bitAssets we’re creating.

link https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,21587.0.html

Offline giant middle finger

• View Profile
OK, so we have 2 options:

1. force everyone to accept less freedom

2. initiate stealth mode

should I tell him or should we keep it a surprise?

Offline oldmine

• View Profile
15 hours ago
1 day ago
4 days ago
8 days ago
8 days ago

Offline Akado

• View Profile
  • BitShares: akado
Trolling? He's just sharing info other people might miss. He's not screaming dump.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline nomoreheroes7

• King of all the land
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: nomoreheroes7
15 hours ago
1 day ago
4 days ago
8 days ago
8 days ago

Come on abit, you're just trolling at this point.

Offline abit

• Committee member
    • View Profile
    • Abit's Hive Blog
  • BitShares: abit
  • GitHub: abitmore
15 hours ago
1 day ago
4 days ago
8 days ago
8 days ago

BitShares committee member: abit
BitShares witness: in.abit

Offline lil_jay890

• View Profile
localhost sent 5,000,000 BTS to poloniexwallet
4 hours ago

Literally every time I see these posts it reminds me of a major flaw of bitshares and makes me want to sell it.

But go ahead you guys, keep posting this every time anyone with a decent amount of BTS sends soem to poloniex.

Exactly!

Btw localhost is probably enjoying this transfer, anyone in the future that transfers so many bts in an exchange without stealth will be viewed with distrust.

It is natural for investors/speculators to be interested in any bts buying and selling activities by major shareholders.  This happens to the real world stock trading too.  Let's take it in stride.

Agree... Insiders have to report their transactions in their companies stocks.  Whether its right or wrong is debatable, but it is commonplace in the investment world.  It does help level the playing field for the common investor who doesn't have real time access to privileged company knowledge.

Also large stock holders must report position activity regardless of whether or not they are an insider.  This is to used to prevent manipulation by whales.  Not all the SEC rules are rigged against retail traders.

Offline cube

• Bit by bit, we will get there!
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: bitcube
4 hours ago

Literally every time I see these posts it reminds me of a major flaw of bitshares and makes me want to sell it.

But go ahead you guys, keep posting this every time anyone with a decent amount of BTS sends soem to poloniex.

Exactly!

Btw localhost is probably enjoying this transfer, anyone in the future that transfers so many bts in an exchange without stealth will be viewed with distrust.

It is natural for investors/speculators to be interested in any bts buying and selling activities by major shareholders.  This happens to the real world stock trading too.  Let's take it in stride.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2016, 03:45:07 am by cube »
ID: bitcube
bitcube is a dedicated witness and committe member. Please vote for bitcube.

Offline Tuck Fheman

4 hours ago

Exactly!

yeah that' a good point. They will be a lot less meaningful, these transfers.

someone should make a graph of transfers to poloniex with the price, to see if actual speculative front-running of these transfers is occurring.

Sometimes I get confused here because I'm not sure if I'm on an IRS, SEC or BTS forum, so I double check before posting.

But I'm pretty sure some of you here pry into and speculate about others finincials more than those two.  :-\
Lucksacks.com - The Largest Cryptocurrency Freeroll Poker Site in the World!

Offline bytemaster

4 hours ago

Exactly!

This is why I wanted to prioritize stealth.  Lack of stealth was really hurting our chain... probably causing most users to transfer to poloniex and keep it there so they can trade privately. Perhaps localhost should transfer everything there and then surprise the market rather than tipping off everyone to their rate of selling.
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline ag

• View Profile
4 hours ago

Exactly!

yeah that' a good point. They will be a lot less meaningful, these transfers.

someone should make a graph of transfers to poloniex with the price, to see if actual speculative front-running of these transfers is occurring.

chryspano

4 hours ago

Exactly!

Offline Ander

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Ander
4 hours ago

Offline abit

• Committee member
    • View Profile
    • Abit's Hive Blog
  • BitShares: abit
  • GitHub: abitmore
4 hours ago
BitShares committee member: abit
BitShares witness: in.abit