Author Topic: Bitshares price discussion  (Read 887425 times)

Offline Chuckone

• View Profile
What I don't understand is how come almost 20% of market cap of BTS get traded in 24h and the price don't seem to move that much? Are there that many people that are only waiting for the price to rise to dump their BTS? It really looks similar to the other pumps that were stopped right from the beginning by dumpers

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

Offline KenMonkey

• View Profile
  • BitShares: kmnk
I think BTS is far below the market cap it could be. Once people realize that SteemDollars are maintained by the same principle as  BTS assets. But really this rise has nothing to do with Steem's rise. Steem goes up, BTS goes up (awareness); steem goes down, BTS goes up (escape to safe-haven).

But really... I think Steem could get bigger than Bitcoin. It's just such a brilliant distribution model.

Offline Chuckone

• View Profile
Looks like this Steem bull run might be good for Bitshares after all...

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

Offline tonyk

• View Profile
any idea how to short it?

Isuue a "betterSTEEM" IOU (on bts preferably as you have bridges to steem already).

1. Better steem has the same conversion ratio as the vested steem but takes say 3-6m to divest instead of 2 years.[achieved by maintaining a buy betterSteem with Open.Steem order representing the current conversion/divesting ratio]
2. Offer some interest 10%? on top of 1.

If you sell the received steem (received for selling the betterSTEEM tokens)  ...you have shorted steem.
Lack of arbitrage is the problem, isn't it. And this 'should' solves it.

Offline yvv

• View Profile
Looks like Steem is perfectly engineered for a pump. Large marketcap, but the actual supply is very thin. So now we're in a situation were the network of people is on the explosion, they need Steem but there is very few available to buy on the exchanges. Is it even possible for it to just explode above $1B market cap?

Why do they need steem? Is it required to make posts/comments?

Offline vlight

• View Profile
  • BitShares: vlight
Looks like Steem is perfectly engineered for a pump. Large marketcap, but the actual supply is very thin. So now we're in a situation were the network of people is on the explosion, they need Steem but there is very few available to buy on the exchanges. Is it even possible for it to just explode above $1B market cap?

Offline ag

• View Profile
bitshares 15M market cap 1 week [emoji41]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

chryspano

How exactly will this work? Most people withdraw from exchanges and instantly power up, you will also need to offer more than 0,28% interest rate per day in order for someone to even consider to loan you STEEM, isn't this risky?  considering that only a small fraction of STEEM is available for trading?

but maybe shorting will be integrated into STEEM, because bytemaster wants to achieve worlddominants. so i can wait. i realize i underestimated the dynamics otherwise i would have bought some myself and got rich in 3 days....

You didn't answer the question, anyway.

i didn't realize that this were questions to be answered. i think you are right. Who would loan it if he get diluted 10% a year.

You can also ask this same question to all the bitcoin holders out there....

Other than that, STEEM is not diluted 10% per year but 100% or more, what interest rate per year would you offer me in order to loan you my STEEM? I also have the option to POWER them UP you see...

Offline Shentist

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
    • metaexchange
  • BitShares: shentist
How exactly will this work? Most people withdraw from exchanges and instantly power up, you will also need to offer more than 0,28% interest rate per day in order for someone to even consider to loan you STEEM, isn't this risky?  considering that only a small fraction of STEEM is available for trading?

but maybe shorting will be integrated into STEEM, because bytemaster wants to achieve worlddominants. so i can wait. i realize i underestimated the dynamics otherwise i would have bought some myself and got rich in 3 days....

i didn't realize that this were questions to be answered. i think you are right. Who would loan it if he get diluted 10% a year.

chryspano

Offline Shentist

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
    • metaexchange

If one of the exchanges allows shorting STEEM... that's a virtual gold mine.

Not only do you get to take advantage of this minuscule volume pump, but you also have constant dilution on your side.

chryspano

Not only do you get to take advantage of this minuscule volume pump, but you also have constant dilution on your side.

[EDIT]
my 0,28% interest rate per day calculation seems to be really wrong, I think it's much more higher than that because there is some kind of "anomaly" in the first year of steem creation.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2016, 05:12:34 pm by chryspano »

Offline lil_jay890

• View Profile

chryspano

wait for poloniex?

But good luck with that, especialy when almost 98% of total suply is vesting, it's somewhat risky I think.

btw slack #general chanel had 718 members yesterday when I checked, today its 793

Offline Shentist

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
    • metaexchange