Author Topic: Announcing Brownie Points (BROWNIE.PTS)  (Read 129113 times)

Offline testz

Tuck Fheman

If exist KARMA can be so stupid.? We the comunity buy BTS to pay you an others MONEY to code for us, and spent time and effort to share bts word to others to make more valuable our bts, NOT TO WORK FOR YOU,,,, YOU WORK FOR US because we pay you, maybe sure looking all new changes you forgot it.

There is no obligation. How can it be a big pile of steaming poo when nothing is required of you? If you don't want to make Brownie.PTS, then don't do anything. Making that choice also has a karma downside because it likely means you're doing nothing to help out BitShares, which doesn't help you either. If you do want to make Brownie.PTS, then do something to help BitShares, which helps you because you own BitShares. It's not a hard choice and as I see it.

Offline infovortice2013

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
    • BitShares en español
  • BitShares: traderx
Announcing Brownie Points (BROWNIE.PTS)

Today I am happy to announce a new way of giving credit to those who contribute to the BitShares community, Brownie Points.   According to Wikipedia, brownie points are a hypothetical social currency, which can be acquired by doing good deeds or earning favor in the eyes of another.   

Normally brownie points are not tracked, but with the advent of BitShares it is now possible for us to actually track brownie points.  I have created a digital asset called BROWNIE.PTS on the BitShares network.   Brownie Points will be given away liberally to anyone who does anything positive for the BitShares community or Cryptonomex as recognition for earning my favor.

Everyone who attends a Friday Mumble sessions will be awarded with 100 BROWNIE.PTS, everyone who makes a useful, positive post on the forum will earn 10 BROWNIE.PTS.  Everyone who finds and reports an actual bug on github will be rewarded with 100 BROWNIE.PTS.   Anyone who resolves a legitimate issue on GitHub will be rewarded with major BROWNIE.PTS.   

I will award brownie points for just about anything that I appreciate and in proportion to the amount that I appreciate it.   If you are interested in helping me dole out BROWNIE.PTS then please contact me because I would really appreciate the help!   

What are Brownie Points Good for?

Technically all Brownie Points mean is that you are on my good side.  Brownie Points are not redeemable for anything and do not create any obligations between me and anyone else.   BROWNIE.PTS is a tool that allows me to keep track of everyone who is in my good favor and to what extent.   You will want to make sure you claim your BROWNIE.PTS because it would just be rude to refuse the BROWNIE.PTS and one day you may regret it; Karma can be a Bitch.       

Claiming Past Brownie Points

If you have contributed to BitShares over the past two years, please post in this thread with a detailed description of the work you have done and an estimate of how much time and money you spent doing that work.  Include your BTS account name and you may find some BROWNIE.PTS in your wallet.   

No Obligations

BROWNIE.PTS is merely a tool for my own use and I may choose to stop issuing brownie points at any time for any reason.   I may reward them (or not) as I see fit, in the amounts I see fit, for the reasons I see fit.   I may also seize brownie points from any account if you fall out of favor and anyone who complains in any way about how Brownie Points are issued or how I use Brownie Points is certainly not in my favor and may lose any Brownie Points they have earned.

If exist KARMA can be so stupid.? We the comunity buy BTS to pay you an others MONEY to code for us, and spent time and effort to share bts word to others to make more valuable our bts, NOT TO WORK FOR YOU,,,, YOU WORK FOR US because we pay you, maybe sure looking all new changes you forgot it.

New Keyoteeid: 5rUhuLCDWUA2FStkKVRTWYEqY1mZhwpfVdRmYEvMRFRD1bqYAL
new08/21 id 5Sjf3LMuYPSeNnjLYXmAoHj5Z6TPCmwmfXD6XwDmg27dwfQ

Offline liondani

• Inch by inch, play by play
    • View Profile
    • My detailed info
  • BitShares: liondani
  • GitHub: liondani
That's kind of cool. Where you do view the Most Time Online list? I have a paltry 8 1/2 days online myself...

https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?action=stats  ;)

Offline werneo

• View Profile
    • chronicle of the precession of simulacra
  • BitShares: werneo
BTS: liondani

I am an active member on bitsharestalk since 11 March 2014 and I belong proudly to the top 10 "Most Time Online" members, with more than 53 days online!  :D
Believe me my family knows what it means  :)

I belong to the top 10 posters also with 2840 post!  :)

That's kind of cool. Where you do view the Most Time Online list? I have a paltry 8 1/2 days online myself...

Offline liondani

• Inch by inch, play by play
    • View Profile
    • My detailed info
  • BitShares: liondani
  • GitHub: liondani
BTS: liondani

I am an active member on bitsharestalk since 11 March 2014 and I belong proudly to the top 10 "Most Time Online" members, with more than 53 days online!  :D
Believe me my family knows what it means  :)

I belong to the top 10 posters also with 2840 post!  :)

I was one of the first delegates that made some hard stress tests on our first test network before BitShares X launch  :P  GOOD OLD DAYS  :'(
AMAZING DAYS!!!!

I manage 2 delegates, my personal delegate.liondani (3%) and James Calfee's jcalfee1-developer-team.helper.liondani (100%) 
and I publish feeds for both delegates of course  ;)
... and a standby delegate for martin-38ptswarrior-raum (38%)

Every now and then I contribute to github when I find some bugs (Thanks God we have many of them! :) )
Here is my profile  https://github.com/liondani

I manage 4 servers for my delegates and my seed node.
2 VPS, one in Germany and one in Greece and my 2 personal servers at my home in Loytraki Greece...

I have setup a seed node and a chain server:
my seed node chain server is 185.25.22.21:1776

I send every month 10 euro Charity funds to http://www.hamogelo.gr/1.2/home from my delegate.liondani funds

The last months my expenses are more than my income and I have lost about 500000 BTS due I was shortening all the way down from the all time highs to the current prices  :)

I was one of the delegates that has wake up bytemaster on one crisis day with many forks and a very low participation rate an 05.00 AM  with James Calfee help since he had his mobile number...

Here you can find out more details about me  https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,6406.0.html

Sent me please a ton of brownie.pts
Don't worry I will never spend my brownies.pts  like I do with my precious BTS...

PS at least not before we surpass bitcoin marketcap

edit:
PS2 I can say more things  about me but I don't want to make you tire, I hope you have a good feeling for all of us and an elephant memory :)

edit2:
Forgot to mention that I am a proud AGS donator!  ;)
« Last Edit: August 12, 2015, 10:01:19 pm by liondani »

Tuck Fheman

But how will I accumulate brownie points without the steady influx from the random tipper! 

You can do like me. Every morning I get up and head over to Dan's house, then sit in front of his garage.

Offline Ander

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Ander
But how will I accumulate brownie points without the steady influx from the random tipper! 

We need some whales to dump these like they do with BTS. :P
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline Buck Fankers

• Under New Management
    • View Profile
    • TuckFheman.com
  • BitShares: buckfankers
i can haz m0ar brownie? here's the 7-17 hangout transcript i did.

https://beyondbitcoin.org/bitshares-developer-hangout-bytemaster-brownie-pts-and-cryptonomex-july-17-2015/

i promise to stawp giving away hallowed brownie points. i beg your forgiveness and have edited my random tipper to use bts instead.  ;)

if found worthy, plez send brownie.pts to tuckfheman-com or click meh link on left.

Tuck Fheman

When someone isn't afraid to be openly critical you can view their praise or support as genuine.

Thank you, Riv. That means a lot. I was worried I'm becoming too much of a cranky buzzkill.

Newmine is way ahead, crank all you want. ;)

Offline triox

• View Profile
  • BitShares: triox
When someone isn't afraid to be openly critical you can view their praise or support as genuine.

Thank you, Riv. That means a lot. I was worried I'm becoming too much of a cranky buzzkill.

Offline ncinic

• View Profile
Hey, thanks for the Brownie.PTS :)

Tuck Fheman

I might have missed it, but I don't remember seeing it in this thread... is there a hard cap on Brownie points or are generously distributed and then more will be created when there's none left to distribute?

There's no cap, bytemaster can create them at will.

(Which of course makes them not a good target for investment.  I'd like to buy a few more for fun though.  But the market is nowhere near settling on a price range yet).

"At the end of the day, Brownie.PTS represent a group of people who are working to change the world (example) and are scored based upon how much effort they’ve put into making this whole project a success. So I highly recommend holding onto your Brownie.PTS and valuing your Brownie.PTS because it’s a social currency. It’s a way of recognizing those who are doing things." - Dan Larimer