Author Topic: Announcing Brownie Points (BROWNIE.PTS)  (Read 129081 times)

Offline bytemaster

I'm holding out for Shitpost Points from Newmine. Ima b rich!

Never mind that we started the first blog (afawk) with a dedicated ProtoShares/BitShares category (outside of Dan's) or that we have created more BitShares meme's than Stan (allegedly) ... Shitpost Points are where it's at baby!

Please post your account id. 
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Tuck Fheman

I'm holding out for Shitpost Points from Newmine. Ima b rich!

Never mind that we started the first blog (afawk) with a dedicated ProtoShares/BitShares category (outside of Dan's) or that we have created more BitShares meme's than Stan (allegedly) ... Shitpost Points are where it's at baby!

Offline sittingduck

• View Profile
So who thinks this will become a future share drop target?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline bytemaster

I would like to give 1000 points per "block" for every forum member with more than 1 block.  (Heros, etc...) and I will give major points to someone who offers to hand them out.
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline onceuponatime

I'd like to nominate newmine for at least 1000 BROWNIE.PTS.
Otherwise this brownie concept is doomed.

But right after they are awarded to him they should immediately be seized from his account lol

jakub

I'd like to nominate newmine for at least 1000 BROWNIE.PTS.
Otherwise this brownie concept is doomed.

Offline lil_jay890

• View Profile
Good idea Bytemaster,

I set up the interview with FXStreet.com that Max Wright did with Dale Pinkert about bitshares last year.  It was done over a couple weeks and probably took an hour or 2 of writing emails and setting things up.

Bts Id: mattjohnson

Offline Murderistic

• View Profile
Announcing Brownie Points (BROWNIE.PTS)

Today I am happy to announce a new way of giving credit to those who contribute to the BitShares community, Brownie Points.   According to Wikipedia, brownie points are a hypothetical social currency, which can be acquired by doing good deeds or earning favor in the eyes of another.   

Normally brownie points are not tracked, but with the advent of BitShares it is now possible for us to actually track brownie points.  I have created a digital asset called BROWNIE.PTS on the BitShares network.   Brownie Points will be given away liberally to anyone who does anything positive for the BitShares community or Cryptonomex as recognition for earning my favor.

Everyone who attends a Friday Mumble sessions will be awarded with 100 BROWNIE.PTS, everyone who makes a useful, positive post on the forum will earn 10 BROWNIE.PTS.  Everyone who finds and reports an actual bug on github will be rewarded with 100 BROWNIE.PTS.   Anyone who resolves a legitimate issue on GitHub will be rewarded with major BROWNIE.PTS.   

I will award brownie points for just about anything that I appreciate and in proportion to the amount that I appreciate it.   If you are interested in helping me dole out BROWNIE.PTS then please contact me because I would really appreciate the help!   

What are Brownie Points Good for?

Technically all Brownie Points mean is that you are on my good side.  Brownie Points are not redeemable for anything and do not create any obligations between me and anyone else.   BROWNIE.PTS is a tool that allows me to keep track of everyone who is in my good favor and to what extent.   You will want to make sure you claim your BROWNIE.PTS because it would just be rude to refuse the BROWNIE.PTS and one day you may regret it; Karma can be a Bitch.       

Claiming Past Brownie Points

If you have contributed to BitShares over the past two years, please post in this thread with a detailed description of the work you have done and an estimate of how much time and money you spent doing that work.  Include your BTS account name and you may find some BROWNIE.PTS in your wallet.   

No Obligations

BROWNIE.PTS is merely a tool for my own use and I may choose to stop issuing brownie points at any time for any reason.   I may reward them (or not) as I see fit, in the amounts I see fit, for the reasons I see fit.   I may also seize brownie points from any account if you fall out of favor and anyone who complains in any way about how Brownie Points are issued or how I use Brownie Points is certainly not in my favor and may lose any Brownie Points they have earned.

Love it.

Offline bytemaster

Announcing Brownie Points (BROWNIE.PTS)

Today I am happy to announce a new way of giving credit to those who contribute to the BitShares community, Brownie Points.   According to Wikipedia, brownie points are a hypothetical social currency, which can be acquired by doing good deeds or earning favor in the eyes of another.   

Normally brownie points are not tracked, but with the advent of BitShares it is now possible for us to actually track brownie points.  I have created a digital asset called BROWNIE.PTS on the BitShares network.   Brownie Points will be given away liberally to anyone who does anything positive for the BitShares community or Cryptonomex as recognition for earning my favor.

Everyone who attends a Friday Mumble sessions will be awarded with 100 BROWNIE.PTS, everyone who makes a useful, positive post on the forum will earn 10 BROWNIE.PTS.  Everyone who finds and reports an actual bug on github will be rewarded with 100 BROWNIE.PTS.   Anyone who resolves a legitimate issue on GitHub will be rewarded with major BROWNIE.PTS.   

I will award brownie points for just about anything that I appreciate and in proportion to the amount that I appreciate it.   If you are interested in helping me dole out BROWNIE.PTS then please contact me because I would really appreciate the help!   

What are Brownie Points Good for?

Technically all Brownie Points mean is that you are on my good side.  Brownie Points are not redeemable for anything and do not create any obligations between me and anyone else.   BROWNIE.PTS is a tool that allows me to keep track of everyone who is in my good favor and to what extent.   You will want to make sure you claim your BROWNIE.PTS because it would just be rude to refuse the BROWNIE.PTS and one day you may regret it; Karma can be a Bitch.       

Claiming Past Brownie Points

If you have contributed to BitShares over the past two years, please post in this thread with a detailed description of the work you have done and an estimate of how much time and money you spent doing that work.  Include your BTS account name and you may find some BROWNIE.PTS in your wallet.   

No Obligations

BROWNIE.PTS is merely a tool for my own use and I may choose to stop issuing brownie points at any time for any reason.   I may reward them (or not) as I see fit, in the amounts I see fit, for the reasons I see fit.   I may also seize brownie points from any account if you fall out of favor and anyone who complains in any way about how Brownie Points are issued or how I use Brownie Points is certainly not in my favor and may lose any Brownie Points they have earned.   
« Last Edit: July 02, 2015, 06:40:35 pm by bytemaster »