Author Topic: No Sommer Announcements for the week?  (Read 14273 times)

Tuck Fheman

Indeed.  DOOM would be quite unfortunate.  VERY unfortunate. 

http://www.nickbostrom.com/astronomical/waste.html

"Advancing technology (or its enabling factors, such as economic productivity) even by such a tiny amount that it leads to colonization of the local supercluster just one second earlier than would otherwise have happened amounts to bringing about more than 10^29 human lives"

As I would have to expect that DOOM would significantly delay our ability to become a technological civilization expanding throughout the virgo supercluster and making use of the negative entropy available therein prior to the heat-death of the universe, I would have to estimate that DOOM would have an incalculable utility cost.

We can only hope that Bitshares ends up being responsible for some amount of speedup toward those goals, if it speeds along our civilization's progress by even a small amount, trillions of trillions or trillions of lifetimes of additional humans may be able to experience positive utility lives before the universe is torn apart by dark energy and entropy rules the day.

;)

Offline Ander

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Ander
Because you think that DOOM is coming and you want to shove it in my face if I am wrong? :P

I'm going to remove your quote and just gloat about how wrong you were now. After some thought, it would be really shitty of me to gloat about it after it happens.  ;)

Indeed.  DOOM would be quite unfortunate.  VERY unfortunate. 

http://www.nickbostrom.com/astronomical/waste.html

"Advancing technology (or its enabling factors, such as economic productivity) even by such a tiny amount that it leads to colonization of the local supercluster just one second earlier than would otherwise have happened amounts to bringing about more than 10^29 human lives"

As I would have to expect that DOOM would significantly delay our ability to become a technological civilization expanding throughout the virgo supercluster and making use of the negative entropy available therein prior to the heat-death of the universe, I would have to estimate that DOOM would have an incalculable utility cost.

We can only hope that Bitshares ends up being responsible for some amount of speedup toward those goals, if it speeds along our civilization's progress by even a small amount, trillions of trillions or trillions of lifetimes of additional humans may be able to experience positive utility lives before the universe is torn apart by dark energy and entropy rules the day.

;)
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Tuck Fheman

Because you think that DOOM is coming and you want to shove it in my face if I am wrong? :P

I'm going to remove your quote and just gloat about how wrong you were now. After some thought, it would be really shitty of me to gloat about it after it happens.  ;)

Offline BunkerChainLabs-DataSecurityNode

Stan kept telling everyone good thing is coming,but nothing is coming.
BTS 2.0 is a dream ,too far to get it,as well as  stan's summer announcement.
People will not believe the dev team second time,unless they have some real thing deliver,not just some empty world

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
www.Peerplays.com | Decentralized Gaming Built with Graphene - Now with BookiePro and Sweeps!
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Offline mike623317

• View Profile
People will not believe the dev team second time,unless they have some real thing deliver,not just some empty world

The one thing i will agree with you on is this .... the proof is in the pudding. BitShares 2.0 needs to work without any bugs or excuses. The team committed to this and we will see when 2.0 is released. Whats in the past is past, hold the team to account for whats only weeks away. You cant say fairer than that imo.

Offline puppies

• View Profile
  • BitShares: puppies
Ultimately, we are playing this game for the long haul and so we generally don't do things only to affect short term market price. 
shame on you.BTS price drop 10X in a year.fuck you.

Dude.  Doesn't it suck to be such a negative Nancy all the time?  I get that you lost money, hate bitshares and all that.  I don't understand why you engage in such negative behavior.  Wouldn't you be happier if you spent your time doing something that didn't piss you off so much? 

If you enjoy this by all means keep going, but it doesn't seem to ever make you feel better, and you never add any value to the conversation.  Ultimately your negativity isn't making anything better.  It seems like such a waste of time and energy.  Maybe you should try a different tack.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline Krills

• View Profile
Ultimately, we are playing this game for the long haul and so we generally don't do things only to affect short term market price. 

We're only a few weeks away from the release. All you're doing is being an annoyance and its clear that you're simply peddling a negative agenda for whatever your reason may be. As you so aptly put it "f*ck you" and go peddle your nonsense elsewhere. :-*
you forgot last year they promised a stable 1.0?1.0 is shit,buggy,all the ags money was feeding dog like them.
they are liar.

Offline Krills

• View Profile

Offline mike623317

• View Profile

We're only a few weeks away from the release. All you're doing is being an annoyance and its clear that you're simply peddling a negative agenda for whatever your reason may be. As you so aptly put it "f*ck you" and go peddle your nonsense elsewhere. :-*

Offline Krills

• View Profile

Offline NewMine

• View Profile
I will admit I thought the price would move based on the announcements but I am more convinced now that big money is driving the price down in preparation of what's coming for bigger gains then what can be realized in this speculative market.

I am not sure if that is the dumbest or the most funny thing I have heard on the forum.

Just the picture of Institutional funds losing money to push down the price of a sub-penny cryptocurrency with a 7 figure marketcap in which nobody outside of this forum has ever heard of, is just outright stupid thinking. On the other hand, thinking anyone beyond your little pow wow of 15-30 people, there esists some elusive "Big Money" player, is hilarious.

I agree with newmine on something!

Yes, whenever anyone insist that the price of something is being pushed down in order for someone big to accumulate, I roll my eyes a bit. :)  Its a standard way to avoid admitting to yourself that you were wrong about where the price was going.  ("I'm not wrong *the market* is wrong!") 

If any whale out there cared about Bitshares they would just buy a ton of it currently while its cheap.  There is no need to play elaborate games with the price, they could simply buy it at 1/3 of a cent.

Poor newmine.. needs to go back a week to dig up something to fud with.

Ander buying into the low.

It's actually not my idea.. but one that was presented by someone who is far more involved in the markets than myself. It was presented here in forums.. I don't just watch bitshares... it holds true for the tiny little crypto world in which we live. Any trader with a tiny little slush fund could play all the markets at the same time except for the bigger ones.. the smaller volume ones though are well within reach.

You got a better theory Ander for why since the June 8th announcement it has been on a constant downward pressure? You really think a $50-$100k daily volume cannot be easily played by a handful if not just one trader at a bank with a $100m slush who has chosen to follow cryptos as part of his earnings?

That is far more likely than a 'market of 15-30 people here' as newmine like to put it.
i am going to wait a week to respond to this appropriately.

Offline Stan

• You need to think BIGGER, Pinky...
    • View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
  • BitShares: Stan
I agree with the analysis.  Some of our very top promoters are keeping their powder dry.  Don't blame them.

(Would we really want to drive a bunch of new traffic to the old wallet and train them to use it anyway?  No, the decision by marketers to wait is prudent.  Just inconvenient.)

Writing tools to do referrals early would have delayed launch, so we chose not to.  Ultimately, we are playing this game for the long haul and so we generally don't do things only to affect short term market price.  Natually, we hope folks will be excited about all the new partnerships, but even they can't affect things until they get integrated with a working 2.0.

So all our focus must be on that and so you see the lull in the action.  One would expect that when these issues go away so will the lull.

That's the good news. 
The reasons for the current depression are clear.
And so is the inevitable cure.

Knowing that, the prudent thing to do is to get ready because folks that hang out here know what's coming.  That's a pretty big advantage to wise investors.

While it is true that fewer newbies are stopping by in the interim, surely we all realize that it does little good to find this forum full of negativity.  If you want to gripe, that's what your dog is for. 

Here, you should be attempting to communicate to newcomers all that is really happening, especially the reasons you are still here.  Use this time to educate newcomers on why they should stick around a few weeks.

Unless you're a troll aiming to drive them away.  Then pointing out real and imagined negatives all the time is exactly what you should do.

If you have constructive criticisms, there are many places to present them to us that will make a difference.  But I'm surprised by the small group of presumably faithful folks that think dredging up I-told-you-so's from the past over and over is going to help the value of their holdings.

If a comment cannot possibly change things for the better, and can have a negative affect on newcomers, maybe it is better left unposted.

Discretion is the better part of valor.  :)
« Last Edit: August 29, 2015, 03:07:24 pm by Stan »
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract of any kind.   These are merely my opinions which I reserve the right to change at any time.

AKA The Perfect Storm  ;D

Yeah... but this said.. what it means is soon as 2.0 hit we will see a sling shot effect... if this theory is indeed true.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
www.Peerplays.com | Decentralized Gaming Built with Graphene - Now with BookiePro and Sweeps!
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Offline CLains

• View Profile
  • BitShares: clains

Ander I got another one for you, there is no reason to market or advertise anything at the moment. Anyone that had signed someone up pre-2.0 announcement gets a lifetime membership and there is now 0 incentive to get someone to look at BTS from June 8th until launch, as such we have seen almost no articles/news/interviews other than those that were bought, hell even our own media/marketing delegates have gone into hibernation with claims they are waiting to strike when it means something. This could have been fixed by simply connecting new sign-ups during this downtime to their referrers in 2.0.

It is noticable that there is less new blood around here and many old regulars have moved on, when we were top 4 we would get random investors, contributors and people checking us out, now that we are below the fold (similar to Google search results) we don't have that visibility and therefore few new buyers.
I almost forgotten this myself. Yeah... there is a lot to this. I remember when I had confirmation of this my entire thought processes initially were around stopping everything and being really disappointed by the decision to handle current refers the way it was decided.

I agree.. had they provided some kind of bridge it would have created a whole lot more buzz through this wait period.

I understood the reasoning for it... but it has proven to be a poor choice for the Bitshares market in the interm if you're theory is correct.
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+