Author Topic: [ANN] Cryptonomex Begins Licensing BitShares 2.0 Technology To Partner Chains  (Read 10744 times)

Offline BunkerChainLabs-DataSecurityNode

But wait! 
                 There's more! 
                                           If you act now...

Awesome.. and shared.  +5%
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
www.Peerplays.com | Decentralized Gaming Built with Graphene - Now with BookiePro and Sweeps!
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Offline emailtooaj

But wait! 
                 There's more! 
                                           If you act now...

This can't come quick enough! Lol
So stoked!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sound Editor of Beyondbitcoin Hangouts. Listen to latest here - https://beyondbitcoin.org support the Hangouts! BTS Tri-Fold Brochure https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,15169.0.html
Tip BROWNIE.PTS to EMAILTOOAJ

Offline Stan

• You need to think BIGGER, Pinky...
    • View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
  • BitShares: Stan
But wait! 
                 There's more! 
                                           If you act now...

Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract of any kind.   These are merely my opinions which I reserve the right to change at any time.

Offline Empirical1.2

• View Profile
Cant read a thing on that board ... too bad [emoji14]

It is all about perspective...

The fanboys will spin it like this - 'The map was covered by the first (Graphine) Invisible Cloth' like this: http://www.cam.ac.uk/research/news/building-invisible-materials-with-light

And the cynics like me will say - 'Well, at least the map is much clearer (and thought out ) than he profit generation scheme of PeerTracks.... "

Haven't seen you since October last year.

What do you think of BTS 2.0 & CNX? Are you buying BTS?
If you want to take the island burn the boats

Offline Simeon II

• View Profile
Cant read a thing on that board ... too bad [emoji14]

It is all about perspective...

The fanboys will spin it like this - 'The map was covered by the first (Graphine) Invisible Cloth' like this: http://www.cam.ac.uk/research/news/building-invisible-materials-with-light

And the cynics like me will say - 'Well, at least the map is much clearer (and thought out ) than he profit generation scheme of PeerTracks.... "

Offline Stan

• View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract of any kind.   These are merely my opinions which I reserve the right to change at any time.

sumantso

Not necessarily and probably won't. They only have to pay BM and co. for the license.
I'd call this statement "far fetched" .. BM stated already that they will need define the "cost of a license" on an per-case basis and that sharedropping onto BTS will make it easier ..

But I agree that this may force BM to make "difficult" decisions ..
Though, keep in mind that any project that wants to run graphene and sharedrops ontop of BTS will basically hand out free money!! (no one should be forced to do so .. kind of)

We have seen that sharedropping for the 'network effect' hasn't been popular. Lets say someone approaches BM and co. for licensing Graphene, and offers some amount in cash, or half of the amount and another half in sharedrop. In that case it makes sense to choose the first option.

Like it or not, and while I do understand the need for CNX, the interests of BTS and CNX are not exactly aligned. CNX only needs BTS to demonstrate functionality.

They can license graphene to whomever but have committed to only doing so if it won't damage existing Blockchains like Bitshares.

The same commitment that the Counterparty devs had? If you look through the thread on Bitcointalk you will see pages after pages being dedicated to how awesome and selfless those devs were.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2015, 06:53:22 pm by sumantso »

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
Not necessarily and probably won't. They only have to pay BM and co. for the license.
I'd call this statement "far fetched" .. BM stated already that they will need define the "cost of a license" on an per-case basis and that sharedropping onto BTS will make it easier ..

But I agree that this may force BM to make "difficult" decisions ..
Though, keep in mind that any project that wants to run graphene and sharedrops ontop of BTS will basically hand out free money!! (no one should be forced to do so .. kind of)

sumantso

But MUSE is not a new partner, they have really been partners for 18 months already.

Yes. I think we are looking forward to the _other_ partners. :)

"Several new “Bitcoin 2.0” blockchains are expected to adopt the same great technology this fall"

Exactly.  And those blockchains should sharedrop onto BTS, when they come.  (If they are using their own blockchain with Graphene).

Offline phillyguy

Okay, understand now that Peertracks picking up Graphene is new, thanks.  Also forgot about the SEO element, so that makes sense too.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline cube

• Bit by bit, we will get there!
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: bitcube
So if someone wants to license Graphene for a private chain, can they just buy the license from Cryptonomex, or do they have to buy it AND share drop on BTS holders? Or is share dropping on BTS not required, but could get them a discount on the license?

Even if some of the deals turned out to be a private one, it may not be bad to bts holders.  The licensing fees to CNX means more funding for the development of bts.  This is good for bts holders.

有个卵用 来来去去都是这些人
so what

Not when we have other partners joining us.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2015, 06:41:33 am by cube »
ID: bitcube
bitcube is a dedicated witness and committe member. Please vote for bitcube.

Offline Krills

• View Profile

Offline amatoB

• View Profile
Here's the corresponding press released mentioned above:

http://www.pressadvantage.com/story/3298-peer-tracks-announces-new-music-site-that-runs-on-cryptonomex-blockchain-technology

Excellent article w/ top-notch content. Unfortunately, the writing has quite a few typos and grammatical issues. I really hope they can hire a good PR professional soon.

Offline Stan

• View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
You should read this announcement very carefully before you say there's nothing new here.

But even if it was all known to you, the goal is assemble everything we've got going on into a web of news releases and links where people can find it and attract investors and new partners who haven't been hanging out here on this forum.  Each new item calls attention to all the previous and future items and is worth doing for that reason alone.  This is a Google search engine optimization problem, so we have to mix in all the facts that will help, even if some are known to some of you already.

Anyhow, this is another piece of the puzzle.
If you don't like puzzles, wait till the end of Summer and see what it looks like then.