Author Topic: ANNOUNCEMENT 8 - IDentabit Will Sharedrop on BitShares Community  (Read 26862 times)

Offline Akado

• View Profile
  • BitShares: akado
why would the banks go for it? Surely, they will go with Ripple because it delivers exactly what they desire.

I thought that the banks desired "profits"

you know...money  $$$$

What is it that you thought that they desired?

I'm just wondering why would banks or other big entities go for this over Ripple. Not to mention Ripple is already known and already has deals with some big banks

Because IDentabit has a larger network of users and gives banks a percentage of the transaction costs generated by their own business.  Did you forget about the referral incentives already?

DPOS is profitable not only for the chain owners but for the businesses that use it.

Ripple takes all profits.  DPOS shares them with the big banks.  Why?  Because the blockchain tech is so brutally disintermediating (takes profits from so many middlemen) that the profits can be shared (redistributed) among more of the new players than just the miners or coin owners.  DPOS shares "Satoshi's disintermediating money" with all participants.

So you thought that the banks would be happy working "for" Ripple instead of obtaining a significant "ownership" stake in this new technology.  Silly you...

In a nutshell: DPOS is nore generous with it's profits than Ripple is.

and if you think that banks are more concerned with anything other than "making cash money" as their top priority, then I don't know what to tell you.  Ever hear the phrase "follow the money"?

How soon we forget what motivates ($$$)

Then I guess a tittle like "IDentabit Challenges Ripple" would fit better. A few articles mentioning and comparing with Ripple would certainly bring attention. Most people only dislike Ripple for the fact it's too centralized. If this was to be considered a new upgraded and decentralized Ripple then I guess it could bring lots of attention and new people into the system  +5%
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline Erlich Bachman

• I'm a pro
    • View Profile
I would hope that you would need to reveal your identity in order to transact on this blockchain.

If that is the case, then this new community will be the absolute shit (high value to businesses looking for real reputable people to transact with).  A new community of unashamed technological early adopters who are unafraid to speak publicly about their ideas.  Gavin, Andreas, Stefan, Stan, Dan, and many others have already made their identities public, and actively speak of a future of individually secured property rights.

It certainly sounds too good to be true, so I'm not holding my breath.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2015, 11:55:12 pm by Erlich Bachman »
You own the network, but who pays for development?

Offline yellowecho

Does this mean that IDentabit sharedrops will not be anonymous? If that's the case, wouldn't the sharedrop itself disclose the identities of each BTS account?
696c6f766562726f776e696573

Offline Erlich Bachman

• I'm a pro
    • View Profile
why would the banks go for it? Surely, they will go with Ripple because it delivers exactly what they desire.

I thought that the banks desired "profits"

you know...money  $$$$

What is it that you thought that they desired?

I'm just wondering why would banks or other big entities go for this over Ripple. Not to mention Ripple is already known and already has deals with some big banks

Because IDentabit has a larger network of users and gives banks a percentage of the transaction costs generated by their own business.  Did you forget about the referral incentives already?

DPOS is profitable not only for the chain owners but for the businesses that use it.

Ripple takes all profits.  DPOS shares them with the big banks.  Why?  Because the blockchain tech is so brutally disintermediating (takes profits from so many middlemen) that the profits can be shared (redistributed) among more of the new players than just the miners or coin owners.  DPOS shares "Satoshi's disintermediating money" with all participants.

So you thought that the banks would be happy working "for" Ripple instead of obtaining a significant "ownership" stake in this new technology.  Silly you...

In a nutshell: DPOS is nore generous with it's profits than Ripple is.

and if you think that banks are more concerned with anything other than "making cash money" as their top priority, then I don't know what to tell you.  Ever hear the phrase "follow the money"?

How soon we forget what motivates ($$$)
« Last Edit: August 12, 2015, 11:46:31 pm by Erlich Bachman »
You own the network, but who pays for development?

Offline Stan

• You need to think BIGGER, Pinky...
    • View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
  • BitShares: Stan
Stan, do you believe this coin is capable of resisting subversion with DPOS alone? If so, why would the banks go for it? An identity based chain is only useful to these despots if they can exert control (the type of control that makes slaves of everyone else's.) Surely, they will go with Ripple because it delivers exactly what they desire.

Is identabit only viable if the banks buy the long con? If not, we're back to educating the masses and hoping for mass adoption of Bitshares.....

I love the attempts to attack this from all angles and I get where underwun is coming from....guess it's worth a try!

This. It's always good to see new stuff and see better projects but I'm just wondering why would banks or other big entities go for this over Ripple. Not to mention Ripple is already known and already has deals with some big banks

Alta Vista and Netscape and Blackberry and the Wright Brothers had a pretty good head start in their markets too.

Underwood is pretty good at finding big partners, ever since his days at Sun Microsystems.

He now has all the technology he could need.  Time to see what unconstrained entrepreneurial talent can produce.
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract of any kind.   These are merely my opinions which I reserve the right to change at any time.

Offline Stan

• You need to think BIGGER, Pinky...
    • View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
  • BitShares: Stan

Note brownies are subject to dilution at will and supplies can change.

Note Brownies will be promised to Mumble attendees and then never delivered, then Stan will say it's fixed, and then they still won't be delivered.

Give Fuzzy a chance to test his new system.  I just resupplied it with brownies yesterday.

Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract of any kind.   These are merely my opinions which I reserve the right to change at any time.

Offline Akado

• View Profile
  • BitShares: akado
Stan, do you believe this coin is capable of resisting subversion with DPOS alone? If so, why would the banks go for it? An identity based chain is only useful to these despots if they can exert control (the type of control that makes slaves of everyone else's.) Surely, they will go with Ripple because it delivers exactly what they desire.

Is identabit only viable if the banks buy the long con? If not, we're back to educating the masses and hoping for mass adoption of Bitshares.....

I love the attempts to attack this from all angles and I get where underwun is coming from....guess it's worth a try!

This. It's always good to see new stuff and see better projects but I'm just wondering why would banks or other big entities go for this over Ripple. Not to mention Ripple is already known and already has deals with some big banks
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline Ben Mason

• Integrity & Innovation, powered by Bitshares
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: benjojo

Offline Ander

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Ander

Note Brownies will be promised to Mumble attendees and then never delivered, then Stan will say it's fixed, and then they still won't be delivered.

This is probably due to people making an error or forgetting, due to having to do it manually.

Offline phillyguy

Offline liondani

• Inch by inch, play by play
    • View Profile
    • My detailed info
  • BitShares: liondani
  • GitHub: liondani

you are getting to predictable man...

PS   https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fetishism

Offline karnal

• View Profile
It's a different chain .. and they chose to sharedrop on BTS .. don't see a point in selling you BTS on that announcement ..

Never underestimate newmine's ability to turn an announcement into a reason for peopel to sell BTS! :P

LOL

Offline bytemaster

For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline Ander

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Ander
Brownie up like 200%, haha.

8.2M brownies and 2.5B BTS get the same amount of sharedrop. That is ~300 BTS gets the same amount of sharedrop 1 brownie gets.

IMHO it will go way up.

Yep.

Offline lakerta06

Brownie up like 200%, haha.

8.2M brownies and 2.5B BTS get the same amount of sharedrop. That is ~300 BTS gets the same amount of sharedrop 1 brownie gets.

IMHO it will go way up.