Author Topic: Graphene GUI testing and feedback  (Read 131439 times)

jaran

You're scaring me, all I need to remember is my account name and password... right? What does having a backup do?

You need to backup your private keys.  An account name and password are not enough.  See Help -> Backups in the wallet.

Offline mike623317

• View Profile

My biggest criticism is that the Markets screen is hard to understand for non traders, and thats not just Bitshares but other trading platforms too.

I would really like to see a section with screenshots and examples for non-traders. I'm simply not going to risk loosing money if its too difficult to decipher. Clear examples in an easy to understand fashion is the way to go.

The same can be said for permissions. In my opinion we shouldnt have to go looking for explanations, it should either be self evident or a 'Whats this?' icon to click on and launch a pop up window.

This is really coming together though and the devs deserve a lot of credit. Lets just make it easy to use and easy to understand for people who dont know what a short even is.

my 2 bts

Offline ag

• View Profile
Probably this has already been discussed; most new users would be annoyed to find out they have no access to their accounts from other devices, or perhaps even with no way to get back if the cache from the browser they used to create an account has been cleared, for instance.

I'd  suggest changing the BACKUP BRAINKEY RECOMMENDED for something like BACKUP BRAINKEY ^^^NEEDED^^^. or better making it a mandatory step.

Brainkey generation (or Wallet Management) page should then explain that for security reasons, for users not having to trust on a third party, all they're account keys are managed, encrypted and stored locally in they're browsers. That locking they're accounts is the way to prevent other users on that device to access that account, and specially that creating a backup, Brainkey being the most practical, is the only way to hold possession of that account and to be able to access back from any other device they want. Otherwise, once the browser cache is cleared, recovering access to they're accounts might not be possible.

Something like that but in English :P

what do you think?

Edit: forgot to say it's looking great

You're scaring me, all I need to remember is my account name and password... right? What does having a backup do?

Offline svk

The "Create New Account" button persists on many pages it may not be intended to.

Or is it supposed to be there?
Definitely not, that is a very strange bug :o
Worker: dev.bitsharesblocks

Xeldal

The "Create New Account" button persists on many pages it may not be intended to.

Or is it supposed to be there?

Tuck Fheman

From a non-technical perspective, here are some feelings on the 2.0 client that I've gathered ...

"It doesn't crash!" = Better than 1.0
"It looks good" = Better than 1.0
"It's faster" = Better than 1.0

"Help???" = Worse than 1.0
"The markets are hard to understand for non-'traders' " - "dumb it down if they want people to use it" - "Where do I go to _____?" - "What happened to burn messages and 'For/Against' on the wall?" = Worse than 1.0

A feature I'd personally like to see very soon ...

A setting where I can set an extra warning message or prompt if I'm exceeding a withdrawal limit on individual assets.

Offline mindphlux

• View Profile
If the user has BTS1 accounts, I would not show backup brainkey, but Download backup instead.

Brainkey does not include BTS1 accounts
Please consider voting for my witness mindphlux.witness and my committee user mindphlux. I will not vote for changes that affect witness pay.

Offline rnglab

• View Profile
  • BitShares: rnglab
Probably this has already been discussed; most new users would be annoyed to find out they have no access to their accounts from other devices, or perhaps even with no way to get back if the cache from the browser they used to create an account has been cleared, for instance.

I'd  suggest changing the BACKUP BRAINKEY RECOMMENDED for something like BACKUP BRAINKEY ^^^NEEDED^^^. or better making it a mandatory step.

Brainkey generation (or Wallet Management) page should then explain that for security reasons, for users not having to trust on a third party, all they're account keys are managed, encrypted and stored locally in they're browsers. That locking they're accounts is the way to prevent other users on that device to access that account, and specially that creating a backup, Brainkey being the most practical, is the only way to hold possession of that account and to be able to access back from any other device they want. Otherwise, once the browser cache is cleared, recovering access to they're accounts might not be possible.

Something like that but in English :P

what do you think?

Edit: forgot to say it's looking great
« Last Edit: October 20, 2015, 08:28:50 pm by rnglab »

Xeldal

Most recent market page update: https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,19297.msg247768.html#msg247768

Some issues. 
The page is very slow to load. ~45 secs.  I don't know if this is a baseline or based on the number of accounts in the wallet. Every page since importing all my accounts seem very slow.

The Period adjustments take almost 60 seconds to take affect after clicking.  Ideally I'd like to see at least 1Day, 12H, 4H, 1H, 30min, 15min

Maybe just my preference but I think there are too many switch arrows. I'd like to see just one that switches all three of these.

I'd like to see the Last price listed here instead of the spread.

Xeldal

If you let a market page sit. after about 10 mins some aspects of the market flip on their own

and what should be a large yellow box on the depth graph doesn't display on this side of the flip

Orders are often slow to pop up with dialog box and slow to update on screen after completed.

I've only noticed the slowness since I imported all my accounts and keys.

Update: Also the precision need to be greater on BID and ASK book prices. 
« Last Edit: October 18, 2015, 11:03:52 pm by Xeldal »

Offline clayop

• View Profile
    • Bitshares Korea
  • BitShares: clayop
We have a decimal problem in BTS-TRADE.BTC market

Bitshares Korea - http://www.bitshares.kr
Vote for me and see Korean Bitshares community grows
delegate-clayop

Xeldal

After some time I managed to import my keys.json into the webwallet.  However, for some reason it didn't import every balance.

I ran the import process again on the same keys.json file and it found several unclaimed balances. However when I try to import, I get the error message that "This wallet has already been imported" and I cannot proceed to claim the balances.

Offline maqifrnswa

• View Profile
I can appreciate the mitigation against increasing blockchain exposure to spam attacks, but, really, this is a bad trade-off when you consider unreturned fee on cancellation as friction against liquidity.  I'm now much less interested in quickly responding to market changes since it costs me to simply change/cancel an existing order to respond to changing market conditions.  I think a better mitigation is to return the fee after a short period of time, say a minute or two, enough so that the malicious spam attack would not be noticeable by the market.

I believe each fee can be set independently by a vote on the network. If enough users agree with you, it will be changed.
maintains an Ubuntu PPA: https://launchpad.net/~showard314/+archive/ubuntu/bitshares [15% delegate] wallet_account_set_approval maqifrnswa true [50% delegate] wallet_account_set_approval delegate1.maqifrnswa true

Offline liondani

• Inch by inch, play by play
    • View Profile
    • My detailed info
  • BitShares: liondani
  • GitHub: liondani
I can appreciate the mitigation against increasing blockchain exposure to spam attacks, but, really, this is a bad trade-off when you consider unreturned fee on cancellation as friction against liquidity.  I'm now much less interested in quickly responding to market changes since it costs me to simply change/cancel an existing order to respond to changing market conditions.  I think a better mitigation is to return the fee after a short period of time, say a minute or two, enough so that the malicious spam attack would not be noticeable by the market.

make sense!

Offline sircodealot

• View Profile