Author Topic: Graphene GUI testing and feedback  (Read 131315 times)

Offline bitacer

Is CCEDK gateway functional yet ?

Offline yvv

• View Profile
Base and counter currencies don't flip in "Price Feed Data" table on asset explorer screen. Flips fine everywhere else.

Offline valzav

• View Profile
svk,
The last GUI (BitShares-light_2.15.288) is so bad in the light wallet...I had to downgrade... seriously the ability to actual click on the 'update your position' is kind of important- so it kind have to fit in the window...if you do want to do something with it ,that is.

PS
Anybody has any idea if the idiotic browser the light client is running inside of , has anything that  can do ctrl+/-?

I've never actually tried the light client myself, Valentine's the one handling that. I'll try to install it this weekend and see if I can make some improvements. I'm guessing I should test it on a low resolution screen?
1366 x 768 would be perfect for me. :(

tonyk, I'm aware of too large fonts Windows issue - will address this asap.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
Ol will deliver these sources to you .. less disk space .. but more bandwidth and a little more risk for MITM attacks

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
svk,
The last GUI (BitShares-light_2.15.288) is so bad in the light wallet...I had to downgrade... seriously the ability to actual click on the 'update your position' is kind of important- so it kind have to fit in the window...if you do want to do something with it ,that is.

PS
Anybody has any idea if the idiotic browser the light client is running inside of , has anything that  can do ctrl+/-?
You can take this release here
https://github.com/bitshares/bitshares-2-ui/releases
unpack it and run it in your local Browser .. it's pretty much the same thing what the lightwallet does.

Yee, thought about it.
What I really do not get is, being not the most tech savi of all users - what is the difference using this to just opening  open ledger in my browser?

IIRC no difference except other theme skin
« Last Edit: October 23, 2015, 07:47:17 am by cass »
█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

Offline tonyk

• View Profile
svk,

PS
unpack it and run it in your local Browser .. it's pretty much the same thing what the lightwallet does.

Yee, thought about it.
What I really do not get is, being not the most tech savi of all users - what is the difference using this to just opening  open ledger in my browser?
« Last Edit: October 23, 2015, 07:38:07 am by tonyk »
Lack of arbitrage is the problem, isn't it. And this 'should' solves it.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
svk,

PS

Offline tonyk

• View Profile
svk,

PS

I've never actually tried the light client myself, Valentine's the one handling that. I'll try to install it this weekend and see if I can make some improvements. I'm guessing I should test it on a low resolution screen?
1366 x 768 would be perfect for me. :(

Offline svk

svk,

PS

Worker: dev.bitsharesblocks

Offline emski

• View Profile
    • http://lnkd.in/nPbhxG
svk,

PS
ctrl+scroll ?

Offline tonyk

• View Profile
svk,

PS
« Last Edit: October 23, 2015, 05:17:59 am by tonyk »

Offline maqifrnswa

• View Profile
Like I've said elsewhere, this is not a bug but a "feature" of the market engine. Because there are sell orders below the narrow range of [CALL LIMIT, MARGIN CALL PRICE] the call orders will not execute. I'm showing them because I believe this behaviour is crazy and that margin called orders should be allowed to buy at a fair price, that is to say below their call limit.

If everyone who has sell orders below the call limit (in red from ~34 to 43.51637 in that picture) would now cancel their orders, the sells inside the range [CALL LIMIT, MARGIN CALL PRICE] would fill instantly, so the orders are there, it's just weird mechanics of the market engine making them not execute.

I agree it is a feature, but could it only be displayed when the orders are valid for execution? An order which cannot be executed by the market engine isn't a valid order and therefore shouldn't be displayed. At some point it may become valid, at that point it is appropriate to display it.
maintains an Ubuntu PPA: https://launchpad.net/~showard314/+archive/ubuntu/bitshares [15% delegate] wallet_account_set_approval maqifrnswa true [50% delegate] wallet_account_set_approval delegate1.maqifrnswa true

Offline svk

This also a display bug? Refresh doesn't help for me?!

I thought he was referring to the same issue as above him.

Like I've said elsewhere, this is not a bug but a "feature" of the market engine. Because there are sell orders below the narrow range of [CALL LIMIT, MARGIN CALL PRICE] the call orders will not execute. I'm showing them because I believe this behaviour is crazy and that margin called orders should be allowed to buy at a fair price, that is to say below their call limit.

If everyone who has sell orders below the call limit (in red from ~34 to 43.51637 in that picture) would now cancel their orders, the sells inside the range [CALL LIMIT, MARGIN CALL PRICE] would fill instantly, so the orders are there, it's just weird mechanics of the market engine making them not execute.
Worker: dev.bitsharesblocks

Offline ag

• View Profile
since about a day ago the site does not work on chrome version 40 for mac.  ( I use an outdated version of chrome ). I get "Loading..." screen, even with new chrome profile ( I originally thought my cache got corrupted). But I did backup my 2.0 wallets, and was able to import them on safari  9.0. SO you were legacy compatible with version 40... but not anymore.

Offline yvv

• View Profile
This is indeed confusing. People make decisions based on order book. If the order is not going to be executed, just don't show it, or show it different way.