Author Topic: Graphene GUI testing and feedback  (Read 131603 times)

Offline CalabiYau

I don't know if this is related, but I had a similar issue and fixed it ... https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,19304.msg247929.html#msg247929

Thx, I'll give it a try.

Edit: no changes
« Last Edit: October 30, 2015, 03:46:00 pm by CalabiYau »

Offline CalabiYau

upgraded to the latest "BitShares-light_2.0.151027.exe"  (WIN7/64) 

I see all accounts & balances on the dashboard, but no access to any, no reaction if I type on an account.   Switching Trade/Dashboard/Explore works mostly. New blocks are indicated.

Still getting this error, persistent in all versions:

Offline svk

Minor suggestion:

Make the chart timeframe default to days - there isnt enough volume yet to show anything in 5min timeframes, and seeing low activity does not engender confidence.

Done. BTW it will also remember your last setting between sessions and markets, but I agree it should be higher at least now with little data.
Worker: dev.bitsharesblocks

Xeldal

I don't know if its a GUI issue or something else, I posted this in Tech support?

Order book doesn't seem to match CLI "get_limit_orders"
https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,19581.0.html

Offline tbone

• View Profile
  • BitShares: tbone2
@svk: The chart still has some real issues.  I recall Xeldal pointed some of these issues out, so I apologize if my list overlaps his:

1. The OHLC bars should be the same width as the volume bars. 

2. The vertical line of the crosshairs should be snapped to the bars as you move left and right.  That is working correctly.  On the other hand, the horizontal line should move up and down freely.  Currently that is not working, rendering this important functionality completely useless. 

3. The zoom slider at the bottom of the chart does not work.  The right end of it is not grabbable at all.  The left side is grabbable, but you can only slide it part of the way toward the right side before it automatically snaps back into it's original position.  You're also supposed to be able to slide the whole bar left and right, but that's not working.

4.  Please rename chart periods with single letter, lower-case abbreviations so they are more distinguishable. 

difficult to read:   1D | 4hrs | 1HR | 30MIN | 15MIN | 5MIN | 1MIN | 15S

easier to read:         1d  |  4h  |  1h  |  30m  |  15m  |  5m  |  1m  |  15s

5.  I know you stowed the chart periods in a settings cog to save space...but it's much more desirable to have the periods visible because a) that makes it much easier to see what period you're viewing, b) it's much easier to switch between periods.  I would make all of the periods visible as there is plenty of space if you just move the time, open, high, low, close, volume figures up a little.  Speaking of which, those figures are currently very difficult to read.  Below is an example of how it can be improved. 

difficult to read:     T:10/23/2015, 8:00:00AM   O:0.00001500   H:0.00001500   L:0.00001425   C:0.00001430   V:600,000

easier to read:     T: 10/23/2015, 8:00:00AM   O: 0.00001500   H: 0.00001500   L: 0.00001425   C: 0.00001430   V: 600,000

Thanks!

Offline donkeypong

• View Profile
Sadly, I don't have time to read 19 pages of posts to see if this has been covered. So I'll just mention (and sorry if it's redundant): the "Wallets" button does not look like a button and is not even intuitive as a link. Please make that more prominent, and more obvious as the means for importing keys.

Offline tbone

• View Profile

1. In the market history table, you've already color coded the sells (red) and buys (green), which is perfect.  But color coding bid/ask on the order book is unconventional and a little confusing since a buy, for example, would be at the ask - and it's coded red on the order book - whereas the actual trade at that same ask price would be coded green in the trade history.  That doesn't make sense.  And reversing the color coding of the bids and asks on the order book would not make sense either.  So I would highly recommend NOT using red/green on the order book itself (except for the last price).  Instead, I would do what most of the other order books do i.e. simply use a larger and/or more bold font for the important part of the bid/ask.   
I like the color coding on the orderbook.  I hear what you're saying but it actually describes perfectly what is going on, and makes sense.  Any bid you make will go on the orderbook blue, its not always a market order like you describe, but a limit order to sit on the book.  If that bid happens to be higher than an existing red ask, the trade is executed and there's no reason to put the order on the book. Your bid to buy is the same as every other bid to buy, just a different price. 

Historically, level 2 quotes (order books) have not color coded bid vs. ask.  Although I have to admit that more crypto trading sites than I realized ARE color coding bids in green and asks in red.  But still, many (including the most popular site, BitcoinWisdom) do NOT color code bid vs. ask.  While I do see the reasoning behind color coding on the order book, overall I think it makes more sense not to.  But I could live with it either way.

Market history is more clear cut.  In market history (historically called "time & sales"), a buy is defined as any trade that crosses the tape at or above the ask, and they should be coded green in market history.  A sell is defined as any trade that crosses the tape at or below the bid, and they should be coded red in market history.  Every site does it that way (I can find no exceptions).  Although I think right now we have that coded in reverse, and that should be fixed. 

The colors are also helpful because each part can be flipped left to right in horizontal view so its an important reminder of how you have it oriented.  It would be confusing and laborious without the color.

I have to disagree with this.  First, it's generally easy to see the difference between a market and it's flipped version just by the price (e.g. there's no mistaking .00001400 for 85,500).  Also, the order book colors currently do not switch when you flip the market.  And they really shouldn't.  Think about it, if you frequently watch, say, BTS:BTC by clicking it in the list of favorite markets, you would be used to blue on the bid and red on the ask.  If you flip it to BTC:BTS, now you have red on the bid and blue on the ask.  That seems fine.  But if you sometimes click on BTC:BTS in the list of favorite markets, now that same market will be coded the opposite of what you would expect.  The flipped version will also be opposite of what you would expect.  Let's please not do that.

Offline Pheonike

I suggest putting a thin line border around the chart and other sections on the trade page. The kind on border you have around titles in table views.  I think this would look better than having different color backgrounds.

Offline speedy

• View Profile
  • BitShares: speedy
Minor suggestion:

Make the chart timeframe default to days - there isnt enough volume yet to show anything in 5min timeframes, and seeing low activity does not engender confidence.

Offline clayop

• View Profile
    • Bitshares Korea
  • BitShares: clayop
@clayop:
The market list on the exchange page is VERY useful if you're interested in watching more than one market and easily switching between them.    Granted, it's not as useful as it should be.  But that's only because it still needs work, as svk mentioned.  Give it a chance.  You'll see what I mean.  Poloniex has a similar feature and it's easily one of the best things about their UI. 
I understand now. Thanks for your insight!
What do you think about the fee including option?
Bitshares Korea - http://www.bitshares.kr
Vote for me and see Korean Bitshares community grows
delegate-clayop

Xeldal

1. In the market history table, you've already color coded the sells (red) and buys (green), which is perfect.  But color coding bid/ask on the order book is unconventional and a little confusing since a buy, for example, would be at the ask - and it's coded red on the order book - whereas the actual trade at that same ask price would be coded green in the trade history.  That doesn't make sense.  And reversing the color coding of the bids and asks on the order book would not make sense either.  So I would highly recommend NOT using red/green on the order book itself (except for the last price).  Instead, I would do what most of the other order books do i.e. simply use a larger and/or more bold font for the important part of the bid/ask.   
I like the color coding on the orderbook.  I hear what you're saying but it actually describes perfectly what is going on, and makes sense.  Any bid you make will go on the orderbook blue, its not always a market order like you describe, but a limit order to sit on the book.  If that bid happens to be higher than an existing red ask, the trade is executed and there's no reason to put the order on the book. Your bid to buy is the same as every other bid to buy, just a different price.  The colors are also helpful because each part can be flipped left to right in horizontal view so its an important reminder of how you have it oriented.  It would be confusing and laborious without the color.

Looking at various exchanges, I've not been able to find one that doesn't have some kind of color distinction between bid and ask. 

4. The current order book column headers (Value - Amount - Price) are really too vague and practically all have the same meaning.  That's really not helpful.  Please consider using more precise headers instead (Cost - Quantity - Bid/Ask).  This really does make a difference.   

Nearly every word you use in these cases will be vague with similar meanings.   Cost can be a price or a quantity, is also a value and an amount.   From exchange to exchange I have seen almost every one of those used for different things.   Whatever we chose is probably ok, just stay consistent.

Offline tbone

• View Profile
IMO, the market list under the trading history is not useful. Please consider to remove it.

@clayop:
The market list on the exchange page is VERY useful if you're interested in watching more than one market and easily switching between them.    Granted, it's not as useful as it should be.  But that's only because it still needs work, as svk mentioned.  Give it a chance.  You'll see what I mean.  Poloniex has a similar feature and it's easily one of the best things about their UI. 

@svk:
I agree, replacing base supply with last price, volume (24h), price change (24h) in the list of markets on the trading UI would be great.  Also, if I could make a couple more suggestions related to the order book, please see "before/after" examples along with notes below: 

Current:
   Value    Amount   Price
   (BTC)   (BTS)   (BTC/BTS) 
------------------------------------------------
   0.0900000    6,750.0000    0.00001330
   0.0060000       449.9998    0.00001330
   0.0010000         80.0000    0.00001250
  Last price: 0.00001    BTC/BTS   
   0.0001000            8.5744    0.00001166
   0.2141000  19,463.6381   0.00001100   
   0.1200000  11,196.0000   0.00001072   

Suggested:

Cost    Quantity   Bid/Ask
   (BTC)   (BTS)   (BTC/BTS) 
   0.0900000    6,750.0000    0.00001333
   0.0060000       449.9998    0.00001333
   0.0010000         80.0000    0.00001250
   0.0001000              8.5744    0.00001166
   0.2141000    19,463.6381    0.00001100 
   0.1200000    11,196.0000    0.00001072

2.  Speaking of highlighting the important part of the bid/ask, currently you are doing that for everything before the decimal point (both on order book and in market history).  That is great when there are non-zero numbers before the decimal.  But when there are leading zeroes, it would be much more helpful to highlight everything AFTER the leading zeroes. 

3. Please strip out the "Last price:" label and the units (e.g. BTC/BTS) indicator.  That text is unnecessary (obvious in the case of the last price label, and redundant in the case of the units indicator since it's in the order book column header) and makes the eyes have to dig for the relevant information.

4. The current order book column headers (Value - Amount - Price) are really too vague and practically all have the same meaning.  That's really not helpful.  Please consider using more precise headers instead (Cost - Quantity - Bid/Ask).  This really does make a difference.   

5. The last price is being truncated to only 5 decimal points instead of 8. 

Thanks again for your effort on this!

Offline lzr1900

• View Profile

why there are nothing showing up?

every pairs shows the same result.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2015, 11:12:44 pm by lzr1900 »

Offline clayop

• View Profile
    • Bitshares Korea
  • BitShares: clayop
From my experience, it is better to add an "include (trading) fee" option button into market orders.
Bitshares Korea - http://www.bitshares.kr
Vote for me and see Korean Bitshares community grows
delegate-clayop