Author Topic: BitShares X Status Update  (Read 260967 times)

Offline crazybit

Daniel ,what does your signature mean?
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline dexinwong

• View Profile

Offline jae208

• View Profile
I just implemented a check for market depth prior to executing any automated order matching.

I need to shut down a potential attack for paring a short/long and creating BitUSD outside the automated order matching.

+5%
http://bitsharestutorials.com A work in progress
Subscribe to the Youtube Channel
https://www.youtube.com/user/BitsharesTutorials

Offline bytemaster

I just implemented a check for market depth prior to executing any automated order matching.

I need to shut down a potential attack for paring a short/long and creating BitUSD outside the automated order matching.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2014, 06:43:44 am by bytemaster »
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline maqifrnswa

• View Profile
Timer ended.........what now?

at some point I3 generates a bitshares-xt genesis block based on bitshares-pts block 57,787 and the AGS donations. I3 releases bitshares-xt with instructions on how to import pts and btc wallets. This won't happen for a week or two.
maintains an Ubuntu PPA: https://launchpad.net/~showard314/+archive/ubuntu/bitshares [15% delegate] wallet_account_set_approval maqifrnswa true [50% delegate] wallet_account_set_approval delegate1.maqifrnswa true

Offline wesphily

• View Profile
Timer ended.........what now?

Offline Empirical1

• View Profile
Its nice to see a graphic of what it may look like.
Myself, and possibly many other users, would want to use the client for storing and exchanging value like bitUSD and not really use it for trading. A lot of people are also familiar with internet banking but not a trading terminal.

Maybe a tab with a simple display of your account (like in internet banking):
Bitshares: 5
BitUSD: 20

I agree a lot of people will just be looking for a simple way to store value in currencies/gold outside the current systemt not actively trade them.  (I'm not sure, but I think this is a good thing because it's means there will be some small profit to be made by people actively providing the market.)

I don't know if you've seen the bullionvault.com interface but it's quite good.

On the main page you see your gold, silver and currency holdings (like a wallet) and you have a simple option to buy or sell at the best price.

If you want to get more involved you can then click through to a different trading screen that gives you more information, like market depth, spreads etc.

Edit: I've addressed your comment Brent.Allsop in another thread rather than derail this one with a gold discussion.

https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=3285.0
« Last Edit: February 28, 2014, 04:06:12 pm by Empirical1 »

Offline Brent.Allsop

• View Profile
    • Canonizer.com

Personally, I don't know why gold is relevant. I have never looked to the price of gold to value anything, especially not crypto currencies. The markets will work best when participants are most informed and the underlying asset isn't prone to its own instability. I obviously think that gold should be incorporated later, but as for the test chain the underlying assets should be those that ppl are most comfortable valuing. The ttest chain should also have as few assets as possible. One would suffice but it is very important to include the Chinese community

+5%

Not only is gold a dumb currency, It's immoral.  People that hoard it and store it in the ground, instead of letting it contribute to society and life do so much destruction to otherwise possible life.  Every time I have to pump my car clutch in the morning, to get it to make a clean electrical connection (because it's too expensive to use gold in the switch) I cures the selfish bastards.

Offline CrazyCriple

• View Profile
let's think about the metaphor...a 'wallet'

what is in my wallet? cash. a driver's license. a credit card. i can give my wallet to a stranger and without my saying anything they understand what it is and they can spend my money.

the interface looks nice, powerful, etc, but i wouldn't call it a wallet.

+1

Offline progmac

• View Profile
let's think about the metaphor...a 'wallet'

what is in my wallet? cash. a driver's license. a credit card. i can give my wallet to a stranger and without my saying anything they understand what it is and they can spend my money.

the interface looks nice, powerful, etc, but i wouldn't call it a wallet.
if you want to support my incoherent ramblings
Bitshares PTS: PrziMMpXMMu948j5H7yvj3Ry8mnZBbsMYR

Offline MrJeans

• View Profile
  • BitShares: mrjeans
Its nice to see a graphic of what it may look like.
Myself, and possibly many other users, would want to use the client for storing and exchanging value like bitUSD and not really use it for trading. A lot of people are also familiar with internet banking but not a trading terminal.

Maybe a tab with a simple display of your account (like in internet banking):
Bitshares: 5
BitUSD: 20

List of recent transactions:

I thought I would update everyone on our GUI development.   We have been working with a bright developer named Nathan who has put together a large amount of a basic GUI for the BTS wallet.  He still has some work to do, but his progress is still significant.

It isn't quite the interface I would have designed, but is certainly a step up from the command line and we will enhance it as time progresses.

Offline coolspeed

• View Profile
    • My Blog
So since it's the 28th... Can we get the BTS X wallet for the test chain? Link? thanks.

I just checked in some bug fixes and validated that I could do the following:

1) Initialize with a genesis block with data from one of the snapshot services
2) Load my bitcoin wallet to receive AGS and PTS
3) Transfer said balance from AGS and PTS... (believe it or not this was tricky to nail down)

I have a laundry list of items that need to be addressed.  There have been a number of requests discussed in this thread and in the attack thread that are causing some delays.   Things I need to handle are:

1) Enforce minimal market depth.
2) Increase default collateral requirement to 10x.
3) Fix a bug where wallet loading errors erase wallet contents.
4) Cover a position without requiring additional capital.

Only no.4 takes much time, right?
Please vote for  delegate.coolspeed    dac.coolspeed
BTS account: coolspeed
Sina Weibo:@coolspeed

Offline alt

• View Profile
  • BitShares: baozi
So since it's the 28th... Can we get the BTS X wallet for the test chain? Link? thanks.

3) Transfer said balance from AGS and PTS... (believe it or not this was tricky to nail down)

I have a laundry list of items that need to be addressed.  There have been a number of requests discussed in this thread and in the attack thread that are causing some delays.   Things I need to handle are:

If you can cover a position without requiring additional capital, why do you still need to Increase default collateral requirement to 10x?

Offline bytemaster

For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline JustHayden

• View Profile
PTS: PjUAPsLu76Yi9516zFgHqtFYs2sBbAMwUx
Keyhotee: 7hQmwpf8ujy6h9jRkR7MPFqKNij3DrLifoDaemUUjaHLiUsy4g