Author Topic: BitShares X Status Update  (Read 260961 times)

Offline Ykw

• View Profile
Don't know if it makes sense.. but it would help to understand better what other "international" public you might have.. by adding linkedin profile for invictus. Plus it shares over a different environment what invictus is... and it's a great place to promote invictus products.

I have already found several companies composed by the name of invictus.. but.. those are just a couple..

What I mean is.. you could sell the company name at a higher bid... will help over all you effort and will start to take market share into BTS.

Offline Stan

• You need to think BIGGER, Pinky...
    • View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
  • BitShares: Stan
As far as appealing to smart people to join the team....  we have senior engineers from google contacting us for jobs and several people who are working with us or to whom we have extended offers also have offers on the table from google.   Unfortunately, in addition to finding people with the proper skills there is also a need to find people interested in taking the risks and who are on the market at this exact moment.     We have extended offers to an individual who found the majority of major security bugs in Bitcoin with years of experience.

The problem we have is that anyone with the skills to develop blockchain technology without months of training is already doing so (one of the alt coins) and their own pet projects are more interesting to them than even a highly paid position working for us.   Often they have prior commitments (school, job, kids, etc) that mean from the time we convince them to work with us that until they can start work is at least a couple of weeks if not a month or more.   

It is not unusual for a company looking for programing talent to take months if not over a year to fill a few positions.

In a prior life I was a very successful IT head hunter. I'd be happy to recruit (no charge) for you.

Send me high level job descriptions, number of openings, starting pay, full time or part, hourly or salary, perks, telecomute policy, stock options(AGS), etc...

I also noticed there is no jobs//hiring link on the invictus.io site.

That would be great!  I'll work on getting you the information you request.
In general, we need about one cord of stacked and seasoned steely-eyed geeks.

Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract of any kind.   These are merely my opinions which I reserve the right to change at any time.

Offline unimercio

• The opportunity of a lifetime comes by every 7 day
    • View Profile
    • Conscious Entrepreneurship Foundation (CEF)
  • BitShares: unimercio
As far as appealing to smart people to join the team....  we have senior engineers from google contacting us for jobs and several people who are working with us or to whom we have extended offers also have offers on the table from google.   Unfortunately, in addition to finding people with the proper skills there is also a need to find people interested in taking the risks and who are on the market at this exact moment.     We have extended offers to an individual who found the majority of major security bugs in Bitcoin with years of experience.

The problem we have is that anyone with the skills to develop blockchain technology without months of training is already doing so (one of the alt coins) and their own pet projects are more interesting to them than even a highly paid position working for us.   Often they have prior commitments (school, job, kids, etc) that mean from the time we convince them to work with us that until they can start work is at least a couple of weeks if not a month or more.   

It is not unusual for a company looking for programing talent to take months if not over a year to fill a few positions.

In a prior life I was a very successful IT head hunter. I'd be happy to recruit (no charge) for you.

Send me high level job descriptions, number of openings, starting pay, full time or part, hourly or salary, perks, telecomute policy, stock options(AGS), etc...

I also noticed there is no jobs//hiring link on the invictus.io site.
Conscious Entrepreneurship Foundation (CEF)

sumantso

Counterparty is using two Bitcoin coders for some security audit. Maybe one of them.

Offline ElMato

• View Profile
I guess he is talking about Sergio Lerner

Offline nodata

• View Profile

I hope you mean dan kaminsky. A nod of approval from a high-profile security researcher such as dan would give a lot of confidence to potential users/investors of bitshare

Offline bytemaster

For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline luckybit

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Luckybit
I will be traveling for the Texas conference so updates will be sparse for the rest of the week.

why not hire more developers ?

bytemaster once responsed that he had been doing programmer hiring job and knew clearly that hiring talented programmers is very hard, harder than most thinks.

But I still don't that understand enough how could it be, to the degree that this hole IFMFS project of such a huge market capacity can't even appeal an extra genius to join in. Incredible.

Very few people in the world know C++ well, know cryptography, know Bitcoin and the community, enough to do the job.

Anyone could do the user interface but the tougher parts aren't so easy and would take a person weeks or months to master. This close to launch I doubt Bytemaster has the time to waste on it.

The same question could be asked of Bitcoin. Why are there only a handful of people who are able to develop Bitcoin?
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline coolspeed

• View Profile
    • My Blog
为什么我分到的bts 比例比别人少很多??? 一个pts分多少个bts到底???还有ags的呢

注意找零地址。

translate: Find in your change address.
Please vote for  delegate.coolspeed    dac.coolspeed
BTS account: coolspeed
Sina Weibo:@coolspeed

Offline coolspeed

• View Profile
    • My Blog
I will be traveling for the Texas conference so updates will be sparse for the rest of the week.

bytemaster once responsed that he had been doing programmer hiring job and knew clearly that hiring talented programmers is very hard, harder than most thinks.

But I still don't that understand enough how could it be, to the degree that this hole IFMFS project of such a huge market capacity can't even appeal an extra genius to join in. Incredible.
Please vote for  delegate.coolspeed    dac.coolspeed
BTS account: coolspeed
Sina Weibo:@coolspeed

Offline muse-umum

• BitShares everything
    • View Profile

Offline bytemaster

For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline MrJeans

• View Profile
  • BitShares: mrjeans
Could Nathan or Bytemaster comment on the below (concerns client UI). I am interested to hear why you guys think. Thanks
Its nice to see a graphic of what it may look like.
Myself, and possibly many other users, would want to use the client for storing and exchanging value like bitUSD and not really use it for trading. A lot of people are also familiar with internet banking but not a trading terminal.

Maybe a tab with a simple display of your account (like in internet banking):
Bitshares: 5
BitUSD: 20

I agree a lot of people will just be looking for a simple way to store value in currencies/gold outside the current systemt not actively trade them.  (I'm not sure, but I think this is a good thing because it's means there will be some small profit to be made by people actively providing the market.)

I don't know if you've seen the bullionvault.com interface but it's quite good.

On the main page you see your gold, silver and currency holdings (like a wallet) and you have a simple option to buy or sell at the best price.

If you want to get more involved you can then click through to a different trading screen that gives you more information, like market depth, spreads etc.

Edit: I've addressed your comment Brent.Allsop in another thread rather than derail this one with a gold discussion.

https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=3285.0
« Last Edit: March 03, 2014, 01:43:11 pm by MrJeans »

Offline caishendizi

• View Profile
为什么我分到的bts 比例比别人少很多??? 一个pts分多少个bts到底???还有ags的呢

Offline BTSdac

• View Profile
  • BitShares: K1
A is offering to short 100 BitUSD at a price of .01 BTS per USD
B is offering to short 200 BitUSD at a price of .005 BTS per USD
C is offering to buy 150 BitUSD at a price of .0067 BTS per USD

So lets pair the lowest ask with the highest bid... B & C trade and we get the following result:

B gives C  150  BitUSD
C gives B  150 * .0067 BTS =  1 BTS
B is required to put 2 * 1 BTS as collateral which consumes all of B's order.

Result B is short 150 BitUSD backed by 2 BTS and A is long 150 BitUSD.

We can therefore conclude that C got the best possible deal, he went short at a higher price than he requested.

A on the other hand is asking to go short at a price HIGHER than C is willing to buy and thus no trade could ever occur between these two parties.
you mean if D is offering to short 400 BitUSD at a price of .0025 BTS per USD,
then C should exchange with D?
github.com :pureland
BTS2.0 API :ws://139.196.37.179:8091
BTS2.0 API 数据源ws://139.196.37.179:8091