Author Topic: Witness Communication Platform (Brownie Quest--Completed by @Cube!)  (Read 19988 times)

Offline fuzzy

He needs this done quickly for obvious reasons...but this does not need to be the ONLY platform.  Only the one where bm knows he will reach ALL witnesses with anything he needs them to know.

This is important to be done quickly.  The group can always be migrated to another platform at a later date or have their own platforms. ;)

Good luck with that on a weekend.

Well since launch its kind of needed to be done. Fav and others like cube and liondani have done a good job on this, but they still need to get the full group onboard.
WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D

Offline Thom

He needs this done quickly for obvious reasons...but this does not need to be the ONLY platform.  Only the one where bm knows he will reach ALL witnesses with anything he needs them to know.

This is important to be done quickly.  The group can always be migrated to another platform at a later date or have their own platforms. ;)

Good luck with that on a weekend.
Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere - MLK |  Verbaltech2 Witness Reports: https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,23902.0.html

Offline cube

• Bit by bit, we will get there!
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: bitcube

Our current options are:
1. Use the forum/PM system to communicate
2. Use Telegram (https://web.telegram.org/#/im?p=g35824315)
3. Use Slack (https://bitshareswitnesses.slack.com/messages/general/)

I like the idea of using forum PMs because I don't need to install any more 3rd party apps and I automatically get an email.. which is simple and useful when on mobile. (Plus, essentially all witnesses are on this platform already)

However, when I went to send out the PM I found there was a limit of 20 recipients.. which means I had to send it out in 2 groups.. kinda annoying. Maybe this is configurable?

I would have a problem with email because my mobile email is set for day-job office use.  I like telegram for its ease of use but I am attracted to slack for its git-integration (which helps us notified of witness_node mandatory upgrades) and ease of creating a bot (according to spartako, the created of the spartako-bot).

There are 3 goals here:
  • Bytemaster through Fuzzy wants ALL witnesses on some platform
  • Witnesses need a way to communicate with each other and receive info from BM
  • Witnesses need to be notified of important events, like missing blocks

Slack may be a better platform than this forum, but it fails to satisfy #3. That is why I haven't responded to the invite cube sent. No disrespect to anyone.

Spartako told me he is porting over his bot to slack.  Missing blocks notification would not be an issue when it is available.

ps: Thom, please accept my email invite.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2015, 09:16:21 pm by cube »
ID: bitcube
bitcube is a dedicated witness and committe member. Please vote for bitcube.

Offline fuzzy

Offline Thom

Sent out a PM to all identified witnesses to join in this thread: Bhuz, cube, twitter, pc, DataSecurityNode, puppies, lafona, clayop, dannotestein, iHashFury, ElMato, Fox, Harvey, darbon, abit, maqifrnswa, mindphlux, boombastic, rnglab, roadscape, spartako, Spectral, triox, Thom, wackou, Xeldal

(excluded was delegated-proof-of-steak.. whom I suspect is a dev anyway)

Our current options are:

I like the idea of using forum PMs because I don't need to install any more 3rd party apps and I automatically get an email.. which is simple and useful when on mobile. (Plus, essentially all witnesses are on this platform already)

However, when I went to send out the PM I found there was a limit of 20 recipients.. which means I had to send it out in 2 groups.. kinda annoying. Maybe this is configurable?

This is why I don't see a unanimous platform. Roadscape is opposed to installing additional apps, I am opposed to too many apps to keep track of.

There are 3 goals here:
  • Bytemaster through Fuzzy wants ALL witnesses on some platform
  • Witnesses need a way to communicate with each other and receive info from BM
  • Witnesses need to be notified of important events, like missing blocks

Slack may be a better platform than this forum, but it fails to satisfy #3. That is why I haven't responded to the invite cube sent. No disrespect to anyone.

I see this effort driven by bytemaster / fuzzy more than by mutual concerns. I see no discussion on the merits of any given platform, and IMO that is by far the most important consideration. Whatever works best for witnesses, that should be the chosen platform. Bytemaster should be willing to accept that.

Same with everyone. Whatever platform is best for the majority of witnesses, that should be the one used. If it turns out to be slack I won't like it but I will conform out of necessity. Same should be true of Roadscape or anyone else if most prefer Telegram.

I am not very motivated by BROWNIE.PTS, but I am motivated to solve problems through clear communication. There is more than one "problem" to solve here, and it is possible to do it with one tool. Multiple tools just impose more burden to manage and stay current on.

I did do a bit of research into slack, and it does appear it supports SMS. It may be only in one direction tho. Those more familiar with slack may be able to enlighten the rest of us.

I think the chosen solution shouldbe mobile device friendly, with instant notification considered an essential feature.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2015, 09:08:42 pm by Thom »
Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere - MLK |  Verbaltech2 Witness Reports: https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,23902.0.html

Offline roadscape

Sent out a PM to all identified witnesses to join in this thread: Bhuz, cube, twitter, pc, DataSecurityNode, puppies, lafona, clayop, dannotestein, iHashFury, ElMato, Fox, Harvey, darbon, abit, maqifrnswa, mindphlux, boombastic, rnglab, roadscape, spartako, Spectral, triox, Thom, wackou, Xeldal

(excluded was delegated-proof-of-steak.. whom I suspect is a dev anyway)

Our current options are:

http://cryptofresh.com  |  witness: roadscape

Offline rnglab

• View Profile
  • BitShares: rnglab
latest forum list draft.. I support all other efforts but I do think this is really useful list to keep updated:

Code: [Select]
ACTIVE
1.6.17 - bhuz - Bhuz
1.6.12 - bitcube - cube
1.6.25 - bue - twitter
1.6.21 - cyrano - pc
1.6.49 - datasecuritynode - DataSecurityNode
1.6.14 - dele-puppy - puppies
1.6.28 - delegate-1.lafona - lafona
1.6.27 - delegate-clayop - clayop
1.6.40 - delegate.btsnow - dannotestein(?)
1.6.26 - delegate.ihashfury - iHashFury
1.6.42 - delegated-proof-of-steak - ?
1.6.20 - elmato - ElMato
1.6.16 - fox - Fox
1.6.23 - harvey-xts - Harvey
1.6.32 - holytransaction - darbon
1.6.35 - in.abit - abit
1.6.43 - maqifrnswa - maqifrnswa
1.6.19 - mindphlux.witness - mindphlux
1.6.24 - mr.agsexplorer - boombastic
1.6.45 - rnglab - rnglab
1.6.13 - roadscape - roadscape
1.6.15 - spartako - spartako
1.6.30 - spectral - Spectral
1.6.29 - triox-delegate - triox
1.6.34 - verbaltech2 - Thom
1.6.18 - wackou - wackou
1.6.22 - xeldal - Xeldal

edit: updated list.
init* delegates are omitted. only one unnamed witness remains.
i made one assumption: delegate.btsnow belongs to dannotestein.

ping @Bhuz @cube @twitter @pc @DataSecurityNode @puppies @lafona @clayop @dannotestein @iHashFury @ElMato @Fox @Harvey @darbon @abit  @maqifrnswa @mindphlux @boombastic @rnglab @roadscape @spartako @Spectral @triox @Thom
@wackou @Xedal

Another Telegran group then?

Offline roadscape

latest forum list draft.. I support all other efforts but I do think this is really useful list to keep updated:

Code: [Select]
ACTIVE
1.6.17 - bhuz - Bhuz
1.6.12 - bitcube - cube
1.6.25 - bue - twitter
1.6.21 - cyrano - pc
1.6.49 - datasecuritynode - DataSecurityNode
1.6.14 - dele-puppy - puppies
1.6.28 - delegate-1.lafona - lafona
1.6.27 - delegate-clayop - clayop
1.6.40 - delegate.btsnow - dannotestein(?)
1.6.26 - delegate.ihashfury - iHashFury
1.6.20 - elmato - ElMato
1.6.16 - fox - Fox
1.6.23 - harvey-xts - Harvey
1.6.32 - holytransaction - darbon
1.6.35 - in.abit - abit
1.6.43 - maqifrnswa - maqifrnswa
1.6.19 - mindphlux.witness - mindphlux
1.6.24 - mr.agsexplorer - boombastic
1.6.45 - rnglab - rnglab
1.6.15 - spartako - spartako
1.6.30 - spectral - Spectral
1.6.29 - triox-delegate - triox
1.6.34 - verbaltech2 - Thom
1.6.18 - wackou - wackou
1.6.22 - xeldal - Xeldal

edit: updated list.
init* delegates are omitted. only one unnamed witness remains.
i made one assumption: delegate.btsnow belongs to dannotestein.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2015, 08:00:03 pm by roadscape »

Offline cube

• View Profile
edit: replied to your pm.

invite sent.  Hope to see you in telegram & slack soon.

Offline fuzzy

Not to sound like an a-hole (though Quest givers sometimes do for the fun of it!), but my response would be:

Bytemaster needs us to slay the monster of getting him a way to quickly and privately communicate with the community's init witnesses.

The first witness platform to get all active witnesses into it and proves so in this thread will receive 400 brownies. If this task is completed within 24 hours from the time of this posting and Bytemaster and myself are notified via pm, you will be awarded 50% more brownies (for a total of 600).

Now whether you decide to get people working together to help you and share the Quest Reward with them or not is up to you.  What I want is to see someone who wins it :)

I would welcome the Quest Reward although I have started inviting witnesses to join the channel not because of any reward but a wish to help the bitshares community.

An update on the list:  13 active witnesses in each of the telegram and slack group.  I just invited roadscape and waiting for his response.  More to come.

<forum name>: <witness name>
cube: bitcube

That is certainly appreciated, but brownies (dkp) are best given to people with precisely those motives.  Trust me, I know what it is like to think that way, but the people who dont do it for the payment are the ones who are most valuable to give it to :).  They will also most likely hodl these tokens for longer periods AND use the wealth they gain to create more value within the ecosystem (as opposed to any of the infinite other options there are to earn assets.

We just need the end result and so it is worth it to give hugs to those who help us get there.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2015, 07:43:06 pm by fuzzy »

Offline roadscape

Offline cube

• View Profile

Not to sound like an a-hole (though Quest givers sometimes do for the fun of it!), but my response would be:

Bytemaster needs us to slay the monster of getting him a way to quickly and privately communicate with the community's init witnesses.

The first witness platform to get all active witnesses into it and proves so in this thread will receive 400 brownies. If this task is completed within 24 hours from the time of this posting and Bytemaster and myself are notified via pm, you will be awarded 50% more brownies (for a total of 600).

Now whether you decide to get people working together to help you and share the Quest Reward with them or not is up to you.  What I want is to see someone who wins it :)

I would welcome the Quest Reward although I have started inviting witnesses to join the channel not because of any reward but a wish to help the bitshares community.

An update on the list:  13 active witnesses in each of the telegram and slack group.  I just invited roadscape and waiting for his response.  More to come.

cube: bitcube
« Last Edit: October 17, 2015, 07:34:14 pm by cube »

Offline roadscape

First draft

id - witness - btstalk
INACTIVE
1.6.41 - b33lz38v8 - ?
1.6.39 - betaxtrade - ?
1.6.33 - bts-bitshares-argentina - ?
1.6.44 - checkraiser - ?
1.6.37 - delegate.baozi - ?
1.6.47 - delegate.kencode - ?
1.6.38 - delegate.taolje - ?
1.6.46 - dragonball - ?
1.6.36 - emski - ?
1.6.2  - init1 - ?
1.6.7  - init6 - ?
1.6.10 - init9 - ?
1.6.48 - liondani - ?
1.6.31 - riverhead - ?
1.6.50 - tao - ?
ACTIVE
1.6.17 - bhuz - ?
1.6.12 - bitcube - ?
1.6.25 - bue - ?
1.6.21 - cyrano - ?
1.6.49 - datasecuritynode - ?
1.6.14 - dele-puppy - ?
1.6.28 - delegate-1.lafona - ?
1.6.27 - delegate-clayop - ?
1.6.40 - delegate.btsnow - ?
1.6.26 - delegate.ihashfury - ?
1.6.20 - elmato - ?
1.6.16 - fox - Fox
1.6.23 - harvey-xts - ?
1.6.32 - holytransaction - ?
1.6.35 - in.abit - ?
1.6.1  - init0 - ?
1.6.11 - init10 - ?
1.6.3  - init2 - ?
1.6.4  - init3 - ?
1.6.5  - init4 - ?
1.6.6  - init5 - ?
1.6.8  - init7 - ?
1.6.9  - init8 - ?
1.6.43 - maqifrnswa - ?
1.6.19 - mindphlux.witness - ?
1.6.24 - mr.agsexplorer - ?
1.6.45 - rnglab - ?
1.6.15 - spartako - ?
1.6.30 - spectral - ?
1.6.29 - triox-delegate - ?
1.6.34 - verbaltech2 - ?
1.6.18 - wackou - ?
1.6.22 - xeldal - ?

Offline fuzzy

Can we agree on a first step? Let's collect all witness' forum handles. From there we can, at the very least, notify them of this thread..

sounds like you have already taken the first step.  :) 
You are closer than almost everyone else at winning this...simply by posting the first step yourself :P

Offline roadscape

Can we agree on a first step? Let's collect all witness' forum handles. From there we can, at the very least, notify them of this thread..

I'll start:

roadscape: roadscape
« Last Edit: October 17, 2015, 07:09:19 pm by roadscape »