Author Topic: Witness Communication Platform (Brownie Quest--Completed by @Cube!)  (Read 19977 times)

Offline cube

• Bit by bit, we will get there!
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: bitcube
cube, who is missing from Telegram chat? I'm not sure who some people are.. their names do not indicate their witness.

Telegram witness group: roadscape, data security node, clayop, rnglab, spartako, holytran, puppy, mragsexplorer, abit, bhuz, xeldal, mindphux, elmato, spectral, lafona, harvey, cube
ID: bitcube
bitcube is a dedicated witness and committe member. Please vote for bitcube.

Offline roadscape

cube, who is missing from Telegram chat? I'm not sure who some people are.. their names do not indicate their witness.
http://cryptofresh.com  |  witness: roadscape

Offline cube

• View Profile
Latest update on telegram and slack group channels: 18 active members

For those concerned with 'chatty noise', we can have a strictly 'official announcement' channel on both telegram and slack.

Offline roadscape

The answer is simple... use Telegram.. and if a witness is not in telegram he gets voted out.

Most of them are there.. it is thin, cross platform, mobile, P2P, and more secure than slack.

It has notifications built in.. and we already have Sparko who developed a monitoring app that plugs into it.. so we can all keep an eye on each others operations.

We have a telegram room for Witnesses only already too.

I am still voted out so I guess my suggestion is moot. :)

Nonetheless.. this to me is the most efficient course of action... if you make joining telegram a part of being voted in then you will be left with only witnesses that are in there.. which to me seems about right.

I hope this has been helpful in some way.... votes can be removed for everyone who is not there now.. just like with the sudden fork those that couldn't respond within the hour lost their votes and were no longer witnesses.. likewise if witnesses are active they will know this is coming and get in telegram NOW.

Much 2 BTS.

If a witness gets voted out, do they need to be removed from the group? If anyone can join, how do we control spam? We need a channel for nothing but announcements... that channel could be PM, Slack, or Telegram.. just as long as I know that if I get paged, it's important.

Offline cube

• View Profile
I personally prefer slack, but telegram is fine too, and I think ultimately may be the best solution. The only issue I have with the current telegram group is that there's too much noise on it (~3000 messages in a few days) and I can't keep up with it and don't really read it anymore, which kind of defeat the purpose.

Should we have a dedicated telegram group, with only important notifications and security issues, then this would probably work wonders.

I am currently only using Telegram for the spartako_bot notifications, but I was planning on adding this list: https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,19195.msg246669.html#msg246669 until wackou said it is so full of traffic. I will add those to my list of contacts in Telegram, which currently only has spartako_bot in it.

I think a dedicated group for BM alerts is perfect.

Telegram has two channels - general users and witnesses-only.  Witness channel has only traffic from witnesses' discussion.

Witness slack group is purely for witness communication.  Spartako bot will be ported over to slack too and so you would be getting missed blocks notification from there as well.

We can have telegram channel for main witness communication and slack as a backup channel.  We need a backup plan.

Offline fuzzy

The answer is simple... use Telegram.. and if a witness is not in telegram he gets voted out.

Most of them are there.. it is thin, cross platform, mobile, P2P, and more secure than slack.

It has notifications built in.. and we already have Sparko who developed a monitoring app that plugs into it.. so we can all keep an eye on each others operations.

Nonetheless.. this to me is the most efficient course of action... if you make joining telegram a part of being voted in then you will be left with only witnesses that are in there.. which to me seems about right.

I hope this has been helpful in some way.... votes can be removed for everyone who is not there now.. just like with the sudden fork those that couldn't respond within the hour lost their votes and were no longer witnesses.. likewise if witnesses are active they will know this is coming and get in telegram NOW.

Much 2 BTS.

But it will also force them to use only one platform into the future. Maybe you can approach the rest and get them into telegram and win the brownies? Or use the brownie reward to get them onboard by paying them to join? Better to reward than punish :)

I do like telegram whats going on in telegram though. :)
« Last Edit: October 17, 2015, 10:06:37 pm by fuzzy »
WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D

Offline BunkerChainLabs-DataSecurityNode

My 2 BTS.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2015, 10:25:42 pm by DataSecurityNode »
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
www.Peerplays.com | Decentralized Gaming Built with Graphene - Now with BookiePro and Sweeps!
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Offline cube

• View Profile
Is it possible to have two Telegram rooms, one Witness Announcement and one Witness Chat, and have email notifications for only one?

There are currently two 'rooms' - general users and witness channels.

I am not sure about email notification though.

Offline Thom

I personally prefer slack, but telegram is fine too, and I think ultimately may be the best solution. The only issue I have with the current telegram group is that there's too much noise on it (~3000 messages in a few days) and I can't keep up with it and don't really read it anymore, which kind of defeat the purpose.

Should we have a dedicated telegram group, with only important notifications and security issues, then this would probably work wonders.

I am currently only using Telegram for the spartako_bot notifications, but I was planning on adding this list: https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,19195.msg246669.html#msg246669 until wackou said it is so full of traffic. I will add those to my list of contacts in Telegram, which currently only has spartako_bot in it.

I think a dedicated group for BM alerts is perfect.
Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere - MLK |  Verbaltech2 Witness Reports: https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,23902.0.html

Offline roadscape

cube: is it possible to use tapatalk to get PM notifications on mobile, if you can't use email?

I think we may need two channels:

1) Telegram - for general witness communication, especially during weekends like these where there is a lot of back-and-forth chatter
2) Forum PM - emergency announcements. this notifies everyone of issues right away and tells them to get into telegram chat ASAP

I have tapatalk on my mobile but it is running very slowly (probably heavy) and not really usable.  I like telegram for it lightness and slack for its integrated features.

Is it possible to have two Telegram rooms, one Witness Announcement and one Witness Chat, and have email notifications for only one?

Offline twitter

• View Profile
1.6.25 - bue - twitter.

i prefer telegram

latest forum list draft.. I support all other efforts but I do think this is really useful list to keep updated:

Code: [Select]
ACTIVE
1.6.17 - bhuz - Bhuz
1.6.12 - bitcube - cube
1.6.25 - bue - twitter
1.6.21 - cyrano - pc
1.6.49 - datasecuritynode - DataSecurityNode
1.6.14 - dele-puppy - puppies
1.6.28 - delegate-1.lafona - lafona
1.6.27 - delegate-clayop - clayop
1.6.40 - delegate.btsnow - dannotestein(?)
1.6.26 - delegate.ihashfury - iHashFury
1.6.42 - delegated-proof-of-steak - ?
1.6.20 - elmato - ElMato
1.6.16 - fox - Fox
1.6.23 - harvey-xts - Harvey
1.6.32 - holytransaction - darbon
1.6.35 - in.abit - abit
1.6.43 - maqifrnswa - maqifrnswa
1.6.19 - mindphlux.witness - mindphlux
1.6.24 - mr.agsexplorer - boombastic
1.6.45 - rnglab - rnglab
1.6.13 - roadscape - roadscape
1.6.15 - spartako - spartako
1.6.30 - spectral - Spectral
1.6.29 - triox-delegate - triox
1.6.34 - verbaltech2 - Thom
1.6.18 - wackou - wackou
1.6.22 - xeldal - Xeldal

edit: updated list.
init* delegates are omitted. only one unnamed witness remains.
i made one assumption: delegate.btsnow belongs to dannotestein.

ping @Bhuz @cube @twitter @pc @DataSecurityNode @puppies @lafona @clayop @dannotestein @iHashFury @ElMato @Fox @Harvey @darbon @abit  @maqifrnswa @mindphlux @boombastic @rnglab @roadscape @spartako @Spectral @triox @Thom
@wackou @Xedal

Another Telegran group then?
witness:

Offline cube

• View Profile
cube: is it possible to use tapatalk to get PM notifications on mobile, if you can't use email?

1) Telegram - for general witness communication, especially during weekends like these where there is a lot of back-and-forth chatter
2) Forum PM - emergency announcements. this notifies everyone of issues right away and tells them to get into telegram chat ASAP

I have tapatalk on my mobile but it is running very slowly (probably heavy) and not really usable.  I like telegram for it lightness and slack for its integrated features. 

Offline roadscape

1) Telegram - for general witness communication, especially during weekends like these where there is a lot of back-and-forth chatter. (cube has done a great job of getting everyone in here and it is fit for this purpose)
2) Forum PM - emergency announcements. this notifies everyone of issues right away and tells them to get into telegram chat ASAP (or whatever next actions need to be taken).

edit for clarification
« Last Edit: October 17, 2015, 09:29:26 pm by roadscape »

Offline wackou

Please vote for witness wackou! More info at http://digitalgaia.io