Author Topic: Proxy: xeroc  (Read 78794 times)

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
Update:

- Approved the bitARS worker since they seem to work hard to get an ARS smartcoin and only ask for the asset creation fee. It would have been slightly better if they used a multisignature account, but I trust elmato

Offline hcf27

• View Profile
  • BitShares: hcf27
Hello @xeroc .. I think we should vote to refund @JonnyBitcoin $2.8k for the social media accounts... these channels should then be handed over to the committe.
@hcf27 Proxies can vote if there is a worker created.
Yes, worker will be created soon on this issue

Offline abit

• Committee member
    • View Profile
    • Abit's Hive Blog
  • BitShares: abit
  • GitHub: abitmore
Hello @xeroc .. I think we should vote to refund @JonnyBitcoin $2.8k for the social media accounts... these channels should then be handed over to the committe.
@hcf27 Proxies can vote if there is a worker created.
BitShares committee member: abit
BitShares witness: in.abit

Offline hcf27

• View Profile
  • BitShares: hcf27
Hello @xeroc .. I think we should vote to refund @jonnybitcoin $2.8k for the social media accounts... these channels should then be handed over to the committe.

Offline abit

• Committee member
    • View Profile
    • Abit's Hive Blog
Would you create an proposal to create an Ethereum Smartcoin?
Actually I would like to see all Top10 cryptos based on volume as Smartcoins on the DEX.
We need to position the DEX as a real alternative.
I don't think we have the liquidity to create AND trade ETH smartcoins in BTS just yet ..
I do think an ETH sidechain is the best approach. Before that, we already have exchange issued IOUs.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
Actually I would like to see all Top10 cryptos based on volume as Smartcoins on the DEX.
I don't think we have the liquidity to create AND trade ETH smartcoins in BTS just yet ..

Offline btswolf

Offline abit

• Committee member
    • View Profile
    • Abit's Hive Blog
I have changed my votes for committee members to show support for those that actively participate in the fee schedule discussion behind the scenes.
That said, I am quite disappointed by those that I voted down that they have not voiced their opinion neither via telegram, nor via forum, or github.

Furthermore, since @alt seems to be quite aggressive when it comes to paying for workers, I am now rejecting refund/burn workers to so that we can keep the development going.

@alt, keep in mind that your current vote for my worker will result in me having to get a regular job which will certainly take 40h+/week.
With that, I will not be able to contribute to BitShares as I do now (if at all).
@xeroc Please vote for the refund or burn workers.

IT'S DANGEROUS NOW.

By now, the refund worker which got highest votes is refund400k (113,325,926 BTS), which means any whale or group of whales or group of proxies who have more than 113K voting power is able to vote in a worker and steal funds from the reserve pool IMMEDIATELY. There is a flaw in the worker system, see https://github.com/cryptonomex/graphene/issues/565. We(proxies and stake holders) can't all keep watching the worker list 24 hours.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
I have changed my votes for committee members to show support for those that actively participate in the fee schedule discussion behind the scenes.
That said, I am quite disappointed by those that I voted down that they have not voiced their opinion neither via telegram, nor via forum, or github.

Furthermore, since @alt seems to be quite aggressive when it comes to paying for workers, I am now rejecting refund/burn workers to so that we can keep the development going.

@alt, keep in mind that your current vote for my worker will result in me having to get a regular job which will certainly take 40h+/week.
With that, I will not be able to contribute to BitShares as I do now (if at all).
« Last Edit: February 07, 2016, 08:40:00 am by xeroc »

Offline abit

• Committee member
    • View Profile
    • Abit's Hive Blog
Please consider voting against this proposal since it's wrong:
1.14.8   Bitshares UI Project Manager

Offline roadscape

Good move.. very responsible! +5%
http://cryptofresh.com  |  witness: roadscape

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
Hey friends and shareholders,

since it happened to me to be a proxy, I would like to keep you informed about proxy decisions in this thread.

For those that have net set me as their proxy and are wondering why I vote for my own worker proposal:
7 Days ago I have contacted all shareholders that have me set as their proxy and sent them the following
message (hosted at github.com/xeroc/worker-proposal):

Dear Shareholder,

you receive this message because you have set the account "xeroc" as your voting
proxy in BitShares.

First, of all, I would like to thank you for the confidence and trust you have
in me.

However, I see the need to inform you about the decision I made to vote for my
own worker proposal going forward. You can find the details of it in
[github](https://github.com/xeroc/worker-proposals). In summary, the current
proposal would pay me roughly 3000€ for 20h/week of work during January and
February. After that time, a new proposal will be made with similar pay (Euro
denominated) to keep my BitShares related work funded. It is of great importance
to me to let you know about this conflicting interests!

To give you enough time to reconsider and change your voting proxy, I will *not*
vote for my proposal until Monday next week (28th of December).

Sincerely Yours
 -- Fabian Schuh a.k.a. xeroc

---
This message has been signed with PGP. The cryptographic signature can be found
in this git repository and you can verify it with `gpg --verify followers.md.sig`.

Today is 28th of December and as such, I will set my vote accordingly.
If you have me set as your proxy and do NOT agree with this you can still remove me as your proxy because my
vote will only be counted by the end of the day (maintenance interval).