Author Topic: [Public Testnet] testnet.bitshares.eu  (Read 82117 times)

Offline abit

• Committee member
    • View Profile
    • Abit's Hive Blog
  • BitShares: abit
  • GitHub: abitmore
This is the genesis.json file that you receive when you clone the repo:
The above file produces the "wrong" blockchain id.

Whereas this is the genesis.json file that you receive when you download a zipped version of the repo:
The above file produces the "correct" blockchain id.
Differences are the carriage returns (CR) aka "\r" or 0D in hex.
The first one is in windows text file format, which has both "\r"s and "\n"s, or 0D 0A in hex.
The second one is in linux text file format, which has only "\n"s, or 0A in hex.

So the difference may come from:
* editor settings
* git repo settings
* git client settings
* zip tool settings

Thoughts?
« Last Edit: January 29, 2016, 04:39:29 pm by abit »
BitShares committee member: abit
BitShares witness: in.abit

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc

jakub

(a) When I clear the witness folders (i.e. witness_node_data_dir & object_database) and run:
Code: [Select]
witness_node --genesis-json zip-genesis.json(where the zip-genesis.json file originates from the github zip)
everything is fine, I get the correct blockchain id.

I though that the genesis.json is automatically added to the
witness_node but it seems the compile process should be differently.
This is my observation from a fresh checkout:

git clone github:BitSharesEurope/graphene-testnet
cd graphene-testnet
git submodule update --init --recursive
cmake -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=Release .
make
programs/witness_node/witness_node
# Turned out with the wrong chain id

programs/witness_node/witness_node --genesis-json genesis.json
# turned out out with correct chain id and connected

I might have discovered something interesting.
Look at the binary representations of these two files:

This is the genesis.json file that you receive when you clone the repo:

The above file produces the "wrong" blockchain id.

Whereas this is the genesis.json file that you receive when you download a zipped version of the repo:

The above file produces the "correct" blockchain id.

« Last Edit: January 29, 2016, 02:06:07 pm by jakub »

jakub

What is the reason all newly created accounts on the testnet have committee-account as their proxy?
Is it a bug?
It's a whatever "feature". I don't know why it's designed like this though.
I've added it as a potential issue on github:
https://github.com/cryptonomex/graphene/issues/543

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
(a) When I clear the witness folders (i.e. witness_node_data_dir & object_database) and run:
witness_node --genesis-json zip-genesis.json(where the zip-genesis.json file originates from the github zip)

I though that the genesis.json is automatically added to the
witness_node but it seems the compile process should be differently.
This is my observation from a fresh checkout:

git clone github:BitSharesEurope/graphene-testnet
cd graphene-testnet
git submodule update --init --recursive
make
programs/witness_node/witness_node
# Turned out with the wrong chain id

programs/witness_node/witness_node --genesis-json genesis.json
# turned out out with correct chain id and connected

jakub

I've checked it several times, so there is very little chance that I've made a mistake.
It's very strange, as there is no apparent difference between the content of those files.
But this might be some Windows-related issue.
I had these kind of issues as well .. do you have a CLEAN repository? Cmake creates some temporary files that WILL screw things up.

make clean
find . -name "CMakeCache.txt" | xargs rm -f
find . -name "CMakeFiles" | xargs rm -Rf

I'll try with "make clean".
But the symptoms I have, do not indicate that Cmake is the culprit:

(b) When I clear the witness folders (i.e. witness_node_data_dir & object_database) and run the same witness:
witness_node --genesis-json git-genesis.json(where the git-genesis.json file originates from cloning the github repo)
I get a different blockchain id.

So I use the same compilation of witness node, just "different" genesis.json files (though their content is the same) and, as a result, the blockchain ids are different.
There must be some difference between those files but I'm not able to determine this difference.

Offline abit

• Committee member
    • View Profile
    • Abit's Hive Blog
  • BitShares: abit
  • GitHub: abitmore
What is the reason all newly created accounts on the testnet have committee-account as their proxy?
Is it a bug?
It's a whatever "feature". I don't know why it's designed like this though.
BitShares committee member: abit
BitShares witness: in.abit

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
Is it a bug?
It certainly was not on purpose ..
No idea what the reason for this is .. and since this is a clone of the official repository, I assume it's the same behavior on the real network

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
I've checked it several times, so there is very little chance that I've made a mistake.
It's very strange, as there is no apparent difference between the content of those files.
I had these kind of issues as well .. do you have a CLEAN repository? Cmake creates some temporary files that WILL screw things up.

make clean
find . -name "CMakeCache.txt" | xargs rm -f
find . -name "CMakeFiles" | xargs rm -Rf

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
I've been trying to build graphene from source on ubuntu 15.10 and am stuck at this point of the documentation:

To actually run cmake we now need the following parameters:
cmake -DCMAKE_PREFIX_PATH="$QT_ROOT" -DCMAKE_MODULE_PATH="$QT_ROOT/lib/cmake/Qt5Core" -DQT_QMAKE_EXECUTABLE="$QT_ROOT/bin/qmake" -DBUILD_QT_GUI=TRUE \
      -DGRAPHENE_EGENESIS_JSON="$GENESIS_JSON" -DBOOST_ROOT="$BOOST_ROOT" -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=Debug .

It says "CMake Error: The source directory "/home/***/qt-everywhere-opensource-src-5.5.0" does not appear to contain CMakeLists.txt." Is it correct to try this line in the /home/***/qt-everywhere-opensource-src-5.5.0 directory?

Anybody knows what the problem is?

Edit: Ahh, I see, it's probably configuration of cmake for building graphene.. so it should be executed in graphene folder.. right?
The QT part has been abandoned.
Use this tutorial instead:
http://docs.bitshares.eu/bitshares/installation/Build.html

jakub

Is it a bug?

jakub

@xeroc
After compiling from your testnet repository, when I try to run the witness node (without any parameters):
witness_node
I get this:
2499229ms th_a       witness.cpp:86                plugin_initialize    ] witness plugin:  plugin_initialize() begin
2499231ms th_a       witness.cpp:96                plugin_initialize    ] key_id_to_wif_pair: ["TEST6MRyAjQq8ud7hVNYcfnVPJqcVpscN5So8BhtHuGYqET5GDW5CV","5KQwrPbwdL6PhXujxW37FSSQZ1Jiws
ST4cqQzDeyXtP79zkvFD3"]
2499234ms th_a       witness.cpp:114               plugin_initialize    ] witness plugin:  plugin_initialize() end
2499236ms th_a       object_database.cpp:91        open                 ] Opening object database from D:/Program Files/BitShares 2/bin64t/witness_node_data_dir/blockchain ...
2499273ms th_a       object_database.cpp:97        open                 ] Done opening object database.
2499275ms th_a       thread.cpp:95                 thread               ] name:ntp tid:388
2499276ms th_a       thread.cpp:95                 thread               ] name:p2p tid:412
2499366ms ntp        ntp.cpp:177                   read_loop            ] ntp_delta_time updated to 229455 us
2499375ms th_a       application.cpp:144           reset_p2p_node       ] Adding seed node 46.101.188.80:11010
2499377ms th_a       application.cpp:155           reset_p2p_node       ] Configured p2p node to listen on 0.0.0.0:54055
2499380ms th_a       witness.cpp:119               plugin_startup       ] witness plugin:  plugin_startup() begin
2499381ms th_a       witness.cpp:136               plugin_startup       ] No witnesses configured! Please add witness IDs and private keys to configuration.
2499383ms th_a       witness.cpp:137               plugin_startup       ] witness plugin:  plugin_startup() end
2499384ms th_a       main.cpp:176                  main                 ] Started witness node on a chain with 0 blocks.
2499385ms th_a       main.cpp:177                  main                 ] Chain ID is 1f3e7fde05994c55443606e2c4186f6e7943d2333c6db139c42031eff1d19a38

... and it gets stuck at this point.

The chain ID is clearly different than it should be:
I have:
1f3e7fde05994c55443606e2c4186f6e7943d2333c6db139c42031eff1d19a38instead of this which I got :
39f5e2ede1f8bc1a3a54a7914414e3779e33193f1f5693510e73cb7a87617447which I believe is the testnet's blockchain id.

I did not modify the genesis.json file or add any seed nodes. Should I?

----------------------------------------------

EDIT: After further investigation, I've come to the conclusion that this problem stems from the genesis.json file:
When I download the repository from graphene-testnet as a zip file and use the genesis.json file extracted from the zip, everything works fine and I get the correct blockchain id (i.e. compatible with the testnet).
However when I clone the repository from graphene-testnet and use the genesis.json file from the cloned copy, I get some strange blockchain id (i.e. incompatible with the testnet).

« Last Edit: January 28, 2016, 11:30:14 pm by jakub »

Offline hrossik

• View Profile
I've been trying to build graphene from source on ubuntu 15.10 and am stuck at this point of the documentation:

To actually run cmake we now need the following parameters:
cmake -DCMAKE_PREFIX_PATH="$QT_ROOT" -DCMAKE_MODULE_PATH="$QT_ROOT/lib/cmake/Qt5Core" -DQT_QMAKE_EXECUTABLE="$QT_ROOT/bin/qmake" -DBUILD_QT_GUI=TRUE \
      -DGRAPHENE_EGENESIS_JSON="$GENESIS_JSON" -DBOOST_ROOT="$BOOST_ROOT" -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=Debug .

It says "CMake Error: The source directory "/home/***/qt-everywhere-opensource-src-5.5.0" does not appear to contain CMakeLists.txt." Is it correct to try this line in the /home/***/qt-everywhere-opensource-src-5.5.0 directory?

Anybody knows what the problem is?

Edit: Ahh, I see, it's probably configuration of cmake for building graphene.. so it should be executed in graphene folder.. right?
« Last Edit: January 28, 2016, 03:34:29 pm by hrossik »
BTS: hr0550

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
I have not relaunched the testnet ..
I just figured out what needs to be done to have the default repository be able to connect to the testnet ..

The issues I had have been that anytime I tried to connect my witnesses to the seed node, the chain id was wrong ... and the reason was that I didn't include the genesis file properly ..
that is all now done and documented in the tutorial

give it a try.. if you recompile the latest master cleanly .. you should autoconnect to the seed node and the testnetwork

jakub

I just figured this out, fixed the documentation and have the genesis.json added to the repo. Everyone compiling from
https://github.com/BitSharesEurope/graphene-testnet
should be able to connect to the seed node. I will add the default seed node stuff today

https://github.com/BitSharesEurope/graphene-testnet/commit/94f0a95be6f80cb5a7926ba6cc920dd795eb3a19

@xeroc
Does it mean you've managed to re-launch the testnet without changing its id?
39f5e2ede1f8bc1a3a54a7914414e3779e33193f1f5693510e73cb7a87617447