Author Topic: [ANN] New Money project & SOLCERT token  (Read 59420 times)

Offline Empirical1.2

• View Profile
SoLCerts is an example of using a token to represent a portion of the 1 trillion SSS Sollar bond fund. 10,000,000 SSS Sollar bonds will be represented through this (SoLCerts) token.

http://newmoney.sollars.com/new-money-funding-series-part-4-solcerts/

So these 10 million SolCerts represent 0.001% of a total 1 trillion bond fund?

(I don't understand bonds very well, to someone more familiar with limited crypto tokens, this pre-sale seems to be for a very small amount of future supply?)

Thanks for diving deep.  ;D Yes 1 SoLCert essentially equals one future Sollar through the Sollar Bond. But that is too complicated to explain to most people. At the end of the day a SOLCERT is a future Sollar. Sollars and Sense will be a stable unlimited supply coin as we are trying to be a currency with it and not a commodity like Bitcoin or Bitshares. Our commodity is SOLCERTS and Sollar Bonds. That is more like Bitshares or a speculative asset. One can use SoLCerts/Sollar Bonds to speculate on the value of the future Sollar against the future Dollar. If you believe the Dollar will be here forever then no need to follow this project. If you dont then consider the vision and roadmap of our project. Read part 3 of that series.

Check out our General FAQs section too: https://medium.com/@sollarsandsense/new-money-faqs-2d5e8e730caf#.y7lew7tfa

Whether Sollars supply gets to 1 Trillion or 60 Trillion like the Dollars market cap will all depend on adoption of the currency by regular everyday consumers. It is my 10 year goal to get it to 1 Trillion. And to start on that path is with SOLCERTS and Millennials. We are issuing assets the same way Bitcoin, the US government and Bitshares issued assets to fund itself out of thin air. This is no different except that we are creating a mainstream alternative with a brand to actually take on the Dollar. So if you believe in a stable alternative to the Dollar then believe in this... or not. Either way people participating in our pre-sale are essentially buying into that mainstream currency supply now through SOLCERTS. And if we are successful you are going to be glad you did. Hope this info helps.

Thanks, I appreciate the explanation.

At the end of the day a SOLCERT is a future Sollar. Sollars and Sense will be a stable unlimited supply coin

Given that a SOLCERT is a future Sollar and Sollars will be unlimited in supply, I'm still uncertain how the value of my investment will dramatically increase through adoption but I will look into it more at the links provided & hopefully understand it better.

The closest model to what you are offering via Solcerts that we have in crypto at the moment is Nubits. (Nubits, like Sollars and Sense are a stable unlimited supply coin, in their case pegged to the value of USD. https://nubits.com/)

The issuance of NuBits is controlled by NuShares shareholders. https://nubits.com/nushares/introduction
Most traditional investors (crypto or otherwise) would be much more interested in investing in and owning the underlying company, that issues Sollars, while mainstream would be more interested in owning & using NuBits/Sollars (Which a SolCert entitles you too.)

How does someone become a shareholder in the underlying company behind New Money?
(How does someone besides you get to have a say in the issuance of new Sollar bonds and what the received funds are spent on?)
Or will that come later? Thanks.

« Last Edit: March 25, 2016, 03:30:54 pm by Empirical1.2 »
If you want to take the island burn the boats

Offline yvv

• View Profile
I hope it will not apply here...
3. Crowdsales Allow Unethical Behavior

It is, in fact, immoral to sell dreams.

Why? Because humans have a “wishful thinking bias”. This means that we are more likely to believe a false thing, if that false thing is a dream. Therefore, all dream-sellers have the ability to deceive (“steal money from”) the credulous.

You see, while people should be able to invest in whatever they want, others should also be able to openly criticize bad investment-choices. Unfortunately, silence is often interpreted as implicit endorsement, and so this criticism is simply too rare (because criticism makes one unpopular). With a few notable exceptions (all of which are devoutly informal, and non-startup), most people are too selfish and/or afraid to do anywhere-near the right thing.

So, crowdsales allow predators to get away with the crime of selling a dream.

had a very interesting reading here... http://bitcoinhivemind.com/blog/crowdsales/

Ha-ha! "Wishful thinking". Right words, this is what it is. lol

Offline SolomonSollarsNSense

Why? Because humans have a “wishful thinking bias”. This means that we are more likely to believe a false thing, if that false thing is a dream. Therefore, all dream-sellers have the ability to deceive (“steal money from”) the credulous.

You see, while people should be able to invest in whatever they want, others should also be able to openly criticize bad investment-choices. Unfortunately, silence is often interpreted as implicit endorsement, and so this criticism is simply too rare (because criticism makes one unpopular). With a few notable exceptions (all of which are devoutly informal, and non-startup), most people are too selfish and/or afraid to do anywhere-near the right thing.

had a very interesting reading here... http://bitcoinhivemind.com/blog/crowdsales/

A man can only work so many hours before he must put his faith and resources into another man to see larger returns than he alone can achieve by himself. This is time tested and the fundamental truth of what humans have come to term as "investing" or believing in someone else's dream that they are "selling". Whether you call it "selling a dream" or not no idea whether its goes through a crowdsale or not starts out as a reality or actuality. It starts out as a dream or concept or aka not there lol

The difference with people like me, Vitalik and ByteMaster is we show the dream not just selling it with words. Individuals can SEE where we are trying to go. And that is a powerful medium. I keep saying this because people keep forgetting Ethereum started out with ONE TEN MINUTE VIDEO and a WHITE PAPER THAT IS NOW CONSIDERED VAPORWARE But they sold a dream individuals could believe in and enough people rallied around it to make it a reality even though they started with vaporware. The same can be said about Bitshares and even Bitcoin. No technology or concept starts out perfect or with one person. Everyone forgets the excruciating amounts of iteration that goes into these projects.

Yes we are not starting out as "perfect" but we have a goal that is too powerful to ignore "a mainstream alternative to the Dollar" starting in an industry on its knees begging for disruption. That my friend is a powerful dream and one that people are buying because they understand the simple potential of it and see I have a vision and skills to get us there.

But I'm not perfect. AND LIKE ALL MEN I CANNOT ACHIEVE THIS ALONE. I need other individuals with impressive skills to believe in this as anyone who has ever lived and tried to achieve a dream does. It is fundamental to the human experience. Could Vitalik have coded Ethereum by himself? Or taken it to the market cap it has achieved by himself? Lets be real. How about Dan? People must believe in other's dreams. "Crowdsale" is a distraction. At the end of the day we must believe in others...

Rather than harp on what negativity might come lets try and stay positive and look at the bright side of what this project has done in less than three days. I mean the BitcoinTalk community is actually being CIVIL with us and they know I'm from Bitshares. If that's not a miracle I don't know what is  :D

Thanks for the post. I understand where the author is coming from. But its up to all of us to recognize diamonds surrounded by heaps of dirt when we see it. Is this project a diamond? That's up for you to choose. I've laid my dream out there. People are rallying behind it.  Believe in it or not. Either way we will succeed. Just like Ethereum.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2016, 01:23:51 pm by SolomonSollarsNSense »
If you like the content I make consider tipping me. Helps me keep those bitshare content babies popping like popcorn! Send tips to: solomonsollarsnsense

Offline lafona

• View Profile
  • BitShares: lafona
This has also been posted on reddit r/CryptoCurrency/ if you want to give it some love.
BTS Witnesses: delegate-1.lafona     Witness Thread: https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,21569.msg280911/topicseen.html#msg280911
MUSE Witness: lafona

Offline liondani

• Inch by inch, play by play
    • View Profile
    • My detailed info
  • BitShares: liondani
  • GitHub: liondani

(posted this on the Bitcointalk thread as well, just in case someone here wants to chime in)

I support this project. I have a thought and a question.

"(7) Any remaining amounts of Solcerts not sold during the time of presale will be put up for sale on the base of an ICO presented in direct connection with mentioned presale and will be offered available on all major markets on OpenLedger."

Thought: Have you considered destroying what was sold? This would benefit early investors as well as add more urgency to potential buyers.

Question: What price will you sell the remaining tokens after the ICO?  I would hope it would be the highest amount anyone else paid.  In other words, I'd hate to buy in on tier 5 and then have the remaining ICO coins sold by your company at ICO 3 levels.

TravelAsia-

Thank you for your support. I really appreciate it and everyone who has participated so far. I would rather not burn the rest of the supply as that supply could be put to good use especially when the KickStarter starts. This is a campaign to reach mainstream consumers so we dont want to get rid of the very unit that may actually entice people to help us out in big ways.

For the ICO We will not be selling SOLCERTS at a lower price than the Pre-Sale. That is pretty much suicide (investment wise). We are actually holding the ICO because unfortunately we cannot gauge when and where people will actually here about the project. It seems like the more people hear about it the better. We are actually doing much better than we expected to do now with out our PR push thats coming in the next few days who knows what may happen.

But imagine you are new and you hear about the project late and want to buy in but they burned the rest of the supply. Its not that you were on the fence its that you just did not know about the project.

I say that to say I want as many individuals to participate in this project as possible. We are not trying to replicate Bitcoin and its investment environment. We want to be more inclusive of more individuals. We dont want that reputation of a thousand individuals owning all of our supply. That is not a currency for mass adoption in my opinion. Its a different philosophy of what most crypto-heads are used to hearing but that's why what we are doing is New Money and not another crypto-currency. Hope this helps.

Thank you for clarifying.  If I understand it right, if there's any time to buy, it's now.  Each level the price goes up and even with the unsold tokens, those won't be sold under the high presale price.  So for example the people that bought in the 2nd and 3rd tier are watching their value go up every day or two that it jumps another tier.  If that's the case, it makes sense.

Yes sir. That's it. Thanks for considering this project  :D
If you like the content I make consider tipping me. Helps me keep those bitshare content babies popping like popcorn! Send tips to: solomonsollarsnsense

Offline pc

• View Profile
    • Bitcoin - Perspektive oder Risiko?
  • BitShares: cyrano
sorry pc, I actually figured you would check your account. I will try to figure out a way to writye for all to understand that i bascially confirm in a transfer with memo to the account where you need the funds arriving once presale is over. pls check your account and confirm to me all is ok, otherwise I will ofcourse send you e-mail also. I know I wrote this, but figured all with accounts alredy would check their memo. thanks, once again sorry for the misunderstanding, all my faultm, just trying to reduce he work involved.

Ah, ok. Sorry about the misunderstanding. Don't know if this was documented somewhere - if so, I missed it.

Anyway, yes, I received your transfer + memo at 2016-03-22T22:00:51 .
Bitcoin - Perspektive oder Risiko? ISBN 978-3-8442-6568-2 http://bitcoin.quisquis.de

TravelsAsia

(posted this on the Bitcointalk thread as well, just in case someone here wants to chime in)

"(7) Any remaining amounts of Solcerts not sold during the time of presale will be put up for sale on the base of an ICO presented in direct connection with mentioned presale and will be offered available on all major markets on OpenLedger."

Thought: Have you considered destroying what was sold? This would benefit early investors as well as add more urgency to potential buyers.

Question: What price will you sell the remaining tokens after the ICO?  I would hope it would be the highest amount anyone else paid.  In other words, I'd hate to buy in on tier 5 and then have the remaining ICO coins sold by your company at ICO 3 levels.

TravelAsia-

Thank you for your support. I really appreciate it and everyone who has participated so far. I would rather not burn the rest of the supply as that supply could be put to good use especially when the KickStarter starts. This is a campaign to reach mainstream consumers so we dont want to get rid of the very unit that may actually entice people to help us out in big ways.

For the ICO We will not be selling SOLCERTS at a lower price than the Pre-Sale. That is pretty much suicide (investment wise). We are actually holding the ICO because unfortunately we cannot gauge when and where people will actually here about the project. It seems like the more people hear about it the better. We are actually doing much better than we expected to do now with out our PR push thats coming in the next few days who knows what may happen.

But imagine you are new and you hear about the project late and want to buy in but they burned the rest of the supply. Its not that you were on the fence its that you just did not know about the project.

I say that to say I want as many individuals to participate in this project as possible. We are not trying to replicate Bitcoin and its investment environment. We want to be more inclusive of more individuals. We dont want that reputation of a thousand individuals owning all of our supply. That is not a currency for mass adoption in my opinion. Its a different philosophy of what most crypto-heads are used to hearing but that's why what we are doing is New Money and not another crypto-currency. Hope this helps.

Thank you for clarifying.  If I understand it right, if there's any time to buy, it's now.  Each level the price goes up and even with the unsold tokens, those won't be sold under the high presale price.  So for example the people that bought in the 2nd and 3rd tier are watching their value go up every day or two that it jumps another tier.  If that's the case, it makes sense.

TravelAsia-

TravelsAsia

Offline openledger

• Board Moderator
  • Blockchain powered, people driven
    • View Profile
    • OpenLedger.info - Blockchain Solutions, Services and Products for Businesses
  • BitShares: ccedkbts
To all of our followers and supporters we appreciate your continued participation in this project! We are doing very well without our PR push which is excellent  :D

Now that things are starting to pick up I would ask that if individuals have questions that they post their questions on the New Money BITCOINTALK thread HERE rather than on BitsharesTalk. This is so that we can keep that thread alive and get more individuals interested in New Money. Remember this is a Powered by Bitshares project so lets get the community involved with participating in its adoption. People are actually open to buying Bitshares because of this project which makes me proud to be apart of this community. I'm unapologetically a Bitshares community member and everyone knows it and respects it. I am happy to evangelize and people are listening. Please consider helping me out in this way.

Head on over to BitcoinTalk and lets mingle. Again thank you for your participation  :)

I would suggest you do both places, buy simply help getting the word out by asking questions on both, I think some people on BitShares prefers to ask here Solomon, and others are happy to assist on both, still thinking where @Stan is to give his comments, but maybe already busy preparing for the Easter Bunny to come visit :)
OpenLedger blockchain in services and solutions - https://openledger.info
BitShares explorer: https://bitsharescan.com
BitShares commitee member since 2015

Offline openledger

• Board Moderator
  • Blockchain powered, people driven
    • View Profile
    • OpenLedger.info - Blockchain Solutions, Services and Products for Businesses
  • BitShares: ccedkbts
all orders today confirmed. something like 106 000 solcerts left of tier 3 gn

I sent you a PM about my BTC transaction two days ago and haven't received a confirmation yet. Did I do anything wrong?

sorry pc, I actually figured you would check your account. I will try to figure out a way to writye for all to understand that i bascially confirm in a transfer with memo to the account where you need the funds arriving once presale is over. pls check your account and confirm to me all is ok, otherwise I will ofcourse send you e-mail also. I know I wrote this, but figured all with accounts alredy would check their memo. thanks, once again sorry for the misunderstanding, all my faultm, just trying to reduce he work involved.
OpenLedger blockchain in services and solutions - https://openledger.info
BitShares explorer: https://bitsharescan.com
BitShares commitee member since 2015

Offline pc

• View Profile
    • Bitcoin - Perspektive oder Risiko?
  • BitShares: cyrano
all orders today confirmed. something like 106 000 solcerts left of tier 3 gn

I sent you a PM about my BTC transaction two days ago and haven't received a confirmation yet. Did I do anything wrong?
Bitcoin - Perspektive oder Risiko? ISBN 978-3-8442-6568-2 http://bitcoin.quisquis.de

To all of our followers and supporters we appreciate your continued participation in this project! We are doing very well without our PR push which is excellent  :D

Now that things are starting to pick up I would ask that if individuals have questions that they post their questions on the New Money BITCOINTALK thread HERE rather than on BitsharesTalk. This is so that we can keep that thread alive and get more individuals interested in New Money. Remember this is a Powered by Bitshares project so lets get the community involved with participating in its adoption. People are actually open to buying Bitshares because of this project which makes me proud to be apart of this community. I'm unapologetically a Bitshares community member and everyone knows it and respects it. I am happy to evangelize and people are listening. Please consider helping me out in this way.

Head on over to BitcoinTalk and lets mingle. Again thank you for your participation  :)

Offline liondani

• Inch by inch, play by play
    • View Profile
    • My detailed info
  • BitShares: liondani
  • GitHub: liondani
New Money project using blockchain technology poses lethal threat to cable TV

The New Money project powered by Sollywood TV using blockchain technology target to wrap cable tv operation completely
A media content platform that among other things leverage's micro-payments to enable content creators to optimally price their product at lower price points & for less fees/overhead than has previously been possible, thereby potentially increasing profits &/or creating entirely new markets for some content.

https://www.reddit.com/r/BlockChain/comments/4bqx19/new_money_project_using_blockchain_technology/

they probably removed your content and there is no working link to the "New Money project"