Author Topic: Announcement of cn-vote Union: Re-evaluation of our support of Worker Proposals  (Read 4661 times)

Offline bitcrab

• Committee member
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: bitcrab
  • GitHub: bitcrab
@tshen @bitcrab
The worker system is what makes bitshares unique and now we cut off the very people trying to advance bitshares?  If we do not pay the developers, they will simply find another job to put food on the table.  Once they are gone, it's game over, they will not come back.

It has been suggested before to create multiple 100k refund workers so it's easier include or exclude all the workers.  No time like the present to do this and get development funded again.

IIRC the core worker has enough fund to support development.

If necessary, I'd like to suggest to vote core worker to top&active.

however, I don't think it's very difficult to find skilled enough developers to do the core dev job.

Online binggo

• View Profile
The core team have got the enought fund already.

I didn't think this is the time or future to support all the worker.

The income of the DEX can't support all the worker, only can support one or two worker.

The reserve pool? it shouldn't exsit, the worker fund shouldn't attach to the reserve pool, it should attach to the income,so we can determine easily which worker is necessary.
The core team don't have enough funding for the full worker proposed goals.

The income of the DEX certainly can support all the workers, you're wrong. If you're concerned you can propose referral fee redistribution towards reserve pool inflation, but this solution is being ignored instead going straight to the nuclear option of destroying ongoing workers with no justifiable reason.

Why shouldn't the reserve pool exist? It's been the intended functionality for years now and doesn't have any negative impact on BTS economy.

https://workers.bitshares.foundation/201902-bitshares-core

so tell me how didn't have enough funding. spent(15,834,994 BTS) 3,764.04222k CNY  in three month is not enough?

The income of the DEX certainly can support all the workers? If you think it can, I don't want a argument, but i think it can't.

If the income can cover all the worker, so why we need the reserve pool? we can destroy 0.85 B bts in the reserve pool, let the income to pay the Witness and worker budget.

Offline clockwork

• Committee member
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: clockwork
@tshen @bitcrab
The worker system is what makes bitshares unique and now we cut off the very people trying to advance bitshares?  If we do not pay the developers, they will simply find another job to put food on the table.  Once they are gone, it's game over, they will not come back.

It has been suggested before to create multiple 100k refund workers so it's easier include or exclude all the workers.  No time like the present to do this and get development funded again.

however, I don't think it's very difficult to find skilled enough developers to do the core dev job.

I find that comment very insulting to the core dev team.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc

Uff, have you ever looked into *their* job?
Since I am in a closed telegram group with the core dev team, I can tell you, it's *WAY* over my head ... and I'd call myself well-educated.
Give BitShares a try! Use the http://testnet.bitshares.eu provided by http://bitshares.eu powered by ChainSquad GmbH

Offline bitcrab

• Committee member
    • View Profile

Since I am in a closed telegram group with the core dev team, I can tell you, it's *WAY* over my head ... and I'd call myself well-educated.

OK,maybe I was wrong.

Offline bitProfessor

@tshen @bitcrab

I am sorry to see you say this.

Offline R

• View Profile
OK,maybe I was wrong.
It's going to be exceedingly difficult and expensive to replace the development capabilities lost due to refund400k. It's concerning that you're unaware of what you're blocking & the subsequent future consequences that burning these bridges will result in.

Offline bitcrab

• Committee member
    • View Profile
It's going to be exceedingly difficult and expensive to replace the development capabilities lost due to refund400k. It's concerning that you're unaware of what you're blocking & the subsequent future consequences that burning these bridges will result in.

Don't worry, I believe neither I nor China community want to stop the core development.

Offline oxarbitrage

I will take this thread to express my opinion about what was discussed here and what is discussed also in related threads and other communication channels.

I do agree with bitcrab that bitshares is ill, we had been in downtrend for so long that we need to face trouble after trouble. The dumping of BTS we do with the workers systematically is currently making the overall situation to be worst.

Everybody haves different opinions on what is needed and what can be at least temporally suspended but some action should be taken to avoid the full collapse.

In my opinion , when waters calm down we should keep track of our profits, right now as far as i know fees are not enough to pay the witnesses. We should start by trying to make fees pay for the witnesses even if we dont do it that way as a measure of self sustainability without using the reserves. Then increase the profits the DAC makes. A higher BTS price will of course help.

As part of the core team i must say the worker i belong is one of the workers that takes a huge amount of the reserves so i suppose it will suffer, just as the rest. As i am inside the core team i know we are in the right direction with our development but the shareholders are the ones that should decide that.
We dont only bring new features that will be directly translated in more usage and fees collected but we also secure and optimize the network to make sure our technology can keep advancing and holding businesses of all kind.

It hurts me how the Chinese community think we are corrupt. It is true that the hour in the core is well paid but the reality those hours are generally for submitted code. I spend 12 hours a day working in Bitshares and some days i bill 0 of those hours as there was not work that could be presented to the community in github. A decrease of developer hour price will just make the developers to bill more hours. With a high hour price we can catch the best developers and guarantee the quality of the core.

I am going to tell this and i hope nobody get offended:

Put the core work in Chinese kids hands for 10 usd an hour and bitshares will probably be dead in a few months with luck independently of the price. The bitshares core haves the highest quality standards than any other graphene project, it is a very hard work for men(or woman), not for kids.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2019, 07:38:20 pm by oxarbitrage »

Offline Brekyrself

• View Profile
I will take this thread to express my opinion about what was discussed here and what is discussed also in related threads and other communication channels.

I do agree with bitcrab that bitshares is ill, we had been in downtrend for so long that we need to face trouble after trouble. The dumping of BTS we do with the workers systematically is currently making the overall situation to be worst.

Everybody haves different opinions on what is needed and what can be at least temporally suspended but some action should be taken to avoid the full collapse.

In my opinion , when waters calm down we should keep track of our profits, right now as far as i know fees are not enough to pay the witnesses. We should start by trying to make fees pay for the witnesses even if we dont do it that way as a measure of self sustainability without using the reserves. Then increase the profits the DAC makes. A higher BTS price will of course help.

As part of the core team i must say the worker i belong is one of the workers that takes a huge amount of the reserves so i suppose it will suffer, just as the rest. As i am inside the core team i know we are in the right direction with our development but the shareholders are the ones that should decide that.
We dont only bring new features that will be directly translated in more usage and fees collected but we also secure and optimize the network to make sure our technology can keep advancing and holding businesses of all kind.

It hurts me how the Chinese community think we are corrupt. It is true that the hour in the core is well paid but the reality those hours are generally for submitted code. I spend 12 hours a day working in Bitshares and some days i bill 0 of those hours as there was not work that could be presented to the community in github. A decrease of developer hour price will just make the developers to bill more hours. With a high hour price we can catch the best developers and guarantee the quality of the core.

I am going to tell this and i hope nobody get offended:

Put the core work in Chinese kids hands for 10 usd an hour and bitshares will probably be dead in a few months with luck independently of the price. The bitshares core haves the highest quality standards than any other graphene project, it is a very hard work for men(or woman), not for kids.

Well said.  I hope everyone voting for the refund worker reads your quote and understands you kept working for bitshares through the last number of years when everyone else left!

Online binggo

• View Profile

en?!

Offline oxarbitrage

en?!

I am trying to defend the core team work, my apologies if i offended you. It is not a matter or where are the programmers from but more how old they are.

Online binggo

• View Profile
 ;)

en?!

I am trying to defend the core team work, my apologies if i offended you. It is not a matter or where are the programmers from but more how old they are.

Offline clockwork

• Committee member
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: clockwork

en?!

i would think that was quite obvious since Abit's chinese

Offline bench

When does cn-vote remove the votes for refund400k ?
Be part of the change and vote for the bitshares-vision proxy!