25 (27.2%)
KeyMail (Key ID)
15 (16.3%)
Leave it alone!
38 (41.3%)
Something else.
6 (6.5%)

Total Members Voted: 85

Author Topic: Keyhotee Rebranding - BitMail / BitKey / KeyMail / KeyID  (Read 50826 times)

Offline hadrian

• View Profile
  • BitShares: hadrian
There are a lot of great ideas here that have great merit.

I would hate to lose the subtle deeper meanings behind the choice of Don Quixote as a hero for whom honor and courage outweighed the inherent dangers of the quest.

OK. How about DonKeyBit?
 :P

Sorry...
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline santaclause102

• View Profile
We have some flexibility to keep that meaning and increase clarity.  Currently the protocol, the network, and the application are all called Keyhotee.  We could keep Keyhotee as a name for the initial application, and name the network and protocol BitShares ID for consistency.

But the bitshares brand stands for crypto equities... keyhotee is nothing like that. I find it fine when the difference to bitsahres is also visible in the name.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2014, 11:00:47 pm by delulo »

Offline onceuponatime

I would hate to lose the subtle deeper meanings behind the choice of Don Quixote as a hero for whom honor and courage outweighed the inherent dangers of the quest.

"Treat Keyhotee as a code-name"  Keyhotee is a great project title, but not an optimal theme fit with the rest of the brand in order to harvest the benefits of name recognition, etc.

Offline Troglodactyl

• View Profile
We have some flexibility to keep that meaning and increase clarity.  Currently the protocol, the network, and the application are all called Keyhotee.  We could keep Keyhotee as a name for the initial application, and name the network and protocol BitShares ID for consistency.

Offline santaclause102

• View Profile

+5% agree with the beauty of the name!

Offline hadrian

• View Profile
  • BitShares: hadrian
BitKey is interesting; a great allegory for unlocking access to a secure space:

Keyhotee ----> BitKey

Keyhotee ID ----> BitKey ID.

I think KeyMail and KeyID are catchy:

Keyhotee ----> KeyMail

Keyhotee ID ----> KeyID

That said, my vote still runs with bit-something. There is just too much momentum/value in attaching to the bit-space.

I like BitKey with BitKey ID, BitKey Mail, etc.

I Also thought of:

KeySet could contain KeyID, KeyMail, etc.

or

BitSet with BitID, BitMail, etc.

or

AngelSet with AngelID, AngelMail, etc.

or

BitAngel with BitID, BitMail, etc. (if "Bitangel" doesn't collide with "Bitangels")
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline Stan

• You need to think BIGGER, Pinky...
    • View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
  • BitShares: Stan

Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract of any kind.   These are merely my opinions which I reserve the right to change at any time.

Offline santaclause102

• View Profile
That's not a fair poll. You should include Keyhotee as an option too

Offline onceuponatime

I agree that the branding should have "bit" in it (as in bitShares, bitMem bitMusic, etc.) in order to retain the family of products feeling.

I hope suggestions will continue to be submitted as I don't feel that "just right" name perfection yet.

Offline JoeyD

If it's to become the portal to all things 3I and bitshares related, maybe a name like bitXS or BitAccess would convey that message.

I also like keyID since the ID part is pretty key to all the services offered.

bitbro

We could also adapt a word w greater coverage, as it may be that key, wallet, mail, etc. do not describe the product sufficiently.

How about BitHome

Offline Pheonike

Offline bobmaloney

The Keyhotee name has struck me as more of a development codename as well, such as Whistler, Blackcomb, Haswell, Ivy Bridge, etc.

The "bitkey" idea sounds fairly catchy and rolls off easy.

Whatever is considered, I think now would be a good time to attempt to correlate it with Bitshares DNS and other properties.

"The crows seemed to be calling his name, thought Caw."
- Jack Handey (SNL)

Offline oldman

• View Profile
BitKey is interesting; a great allegory for unlocking access to a secure space:

Keyhotee ----> BitKey

Keyhotee ID ----> BitKey ID.

I think KeyMail and KeyID are catchy:

Keyhotee ----> KeyMail

Keyhotee ID ----> KeyID

That said, my vote still runs with bit-something. There is just too much momentum/value in attaching to the bit-space.

« Last Edit: March 24, 2014, 08:48:14 pm by OldMan »