25 (27.2%)
KeyMail (Key ID)
15 (16.3%)
Leave it alone!
38 (41.3%)
Something else.
6 (6.5%)

Total Members Voted: 85

Author Topic: Keyhotee Rebranding - BitMail / BitKey / KeyMail / KeyID  (Read 50828 times)

Offline Stan

• You need to think BIGGER, Pinky...
    • View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
  • BitShares: Stan
duck id  (and we don't forget Larimers DAC idea)

think about it!
Its all included...

crypto meaning  (DAC Idea) and not only
unique
easy to use: give me your duck id
nobody forget it, easy to remember
logo friendly
doge effect on community and widespread adoption
name are catchy and fun

and going one step further why dont use the duck for all DACs

bitshares X duck
bitshares ME duck
DNS duck
VOICE duck
MAS duck :)
MUSIC duck (see logo example)
VEGAS duck
whatever duck

Don't forget the infamous "Daffy DAC"

Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract of any kind.   These are merely my opinions which I reserve the right to change at any time.

Offline liondani

• Inch by inch, play by play
    • View Profile
    • My detailed info
  • BitShares: liondani
  • GitHub: liondani
duck id  (and we don't forget Larimers DAC idea)

think about it!
Its all included...

crypto meaning  (DAC Idea) and not only
unique
easy to use: give me your duck id
nobody forget it, easy to remember
logo friendly
doge effect on community and widespread adoption
name are catchy and fun

and going one step further why dont use the duck for all DACs

bitshares X duck
bitshares ME duck
DNS duck
VOICE duck
MAS duck :)
MUSIC duck (see logo example)
VEGAS duck
whatever duck

« Last Edit: April 02, 2014, 11:48:16 pm by liondani »

Offline unimercio

• The opportunity of a lifetime comes by every 7 day
    • View Profile
    • Conscious Entrepreneurship Foundation (CEF)
  • BitShares: unimercio
democracy leads to mediocrity

sorry had to say it

We will be wiser to follow the devs lead more, and it seems like they are really listening to our input anyway

voting on stuff could really leave a lot of people unhappy

I am not criticizing the OP or anything.   

Its just my opinion that voting on can't produce excellence because the voters are informed at different levels about different topics
+5% oh how I yearn for a benevolent dictator
Conscious Entrepreneurship Foundation (CEF)

Offline donkeypong

• View Profile

sorry had to say it

We will be wiser to follow the devs lead more, and it seems like they are really listening to our input anyway

Its just my opinion that voting on can't produce excellence because the voters are informed at different levels about different topics

Listening is essential and they are doing it well. But I agree that leaders need to make decisions and have room to do so. So far, I like what I see. As for the Keyhotee name, I kind of like it, but I understand the criticisms also. Personally, I thought Twitter was the dumbest name ever, and look what happened to that. Sometimes, a fresh new name just comes out of left field and it really makes a branding impact. It can be good to follow sometimes (e.g., the whole 'bit' thing), and other times leading is the right thing to do. I will leave this to smarter people than me to decide. 

Offline etherbroker

• View Profile

sorry had to say it

bitbro

In case you havn't noticed yet the majority doesnt want to change or alter the name, you are in the "weak" blockchain fork.

So, please leave the name alone unless you have good arguments. And dont forget that keyhotee's true power will come from what it will offer to its users, this is revolulotionary, so please stop trying to treat it like a normal mail service that needs a "good" name in order to succeed. Keyhotee is doomed to SUCCED and already has the best name IMO.

Apology for poor english.

Your English is not bad at all.  Just a few misspellings, no grammatical errors.

But to the point: It's actually not that simple!  Currently 28 people want to change the name (given the 3 choices, none of which were all that great IMHO) while 24 want to keep it.  So the majority actually wants to change it, they just didn't agree on what to change it to.

That's not correct. 4 ppl prefer BitMail, 13 prefer BitKey, 12 prefer KeyMail, 25 prefer Keyhotee. This doesn't mean for example that the 13 that prefer BitKey would choose KeyMail over Keyhotee. Precisely: They just said, that in a given case (and the poll question assumes as it would be a given case; which contradicts the option for Keyhotee again), they prefer the Name they choose... 
Other problem: Keyhotee was added to the poll when half of the votes where given, which might have had an effect.
Other than that: 37 people here on the forum can hardly represent all AGS/PTS holders.

All of this is true.  It was somewhat of a flawed poll.  But I think it's telling that slightly over 1/2 of the people who come here, on the Bitshares forum, in the Keyhotee section, think that it should be changed from Keyhotee to something else.

But I think it's telling that slightly over 1/2 of the people who come here, on the Bitshares forum, in the Keyhotee section, think that it should be changed from Keyhotee to something else.

What is that conclusion based on. It at least can not be based on this poll...

It would be based on this poll ... only 48% say "Leave it alone" ... 52% say change it, in some form or another

Sorry, that is not correct.
An accurate poll to see whether people would want to change it (and that would only include the sahrehodlers here on the forum) would be: Do you want to change the Keyhotee name or not? Then you make a poll with all the name contenders. Select the best one and let it run against Keyhotee. That would be correct. With the poll in this thread we get what we ask for and that was not. Do you want to change it or not.

You are correct, arguably, as am I

Offline santaclause102

• View Profile
In case you havn't noticed yet the majority doesnt want to change or alter the name, you are in the "weak" blockchain fork.

So, please leave the name alone unless you have good arguments. And dont forget that keyhotee's true power will come from what it will offer to its users, this is revolulotionary, so please stop trying to treat it like a normal mail service that needs a "good" name in order to succeed. Keyhotee is doomed to SUCCED and already has the best name IMO.

Your English is not bad at all.  Just a few misspellings, no grammatical errors.

But to the point: It's actually not that simple!  Currently 28 people want to change the name (given the 3 choices, none of which were all that great IMHO) while 24 want to keep it.  So the majority actually wants to change it, they just didn't agree on what to change it to.

That's not correct. 4 ppl prefer BitMail, 13 prefer BitKey, 12 prefer KeyMail, 25 prefer Keyhotee. This doesn't mean for example that the 13 that prefer BitKey would choose KeyMail over Keyhotee. Precisely: They just said, that in a given case (and the poll question assumes as it would be a given case; which contradicts the option for Keyhotee again), they prefer the Name they choose... 
Other problem: Keyhotee was added to the poll when half of the votes where given, which might have had an effect.
Other than that: 37 people here on the forum can hardly represent all AGS/PTS holders.

All of this is true.  It was somewhat of a flawed poll.  But I think it's telling that slightly over 1/2 of the people who come here, on the Bitshares forum, in the Keyhotee section, think that it should be changed from Keyhotee to something else.

But I think it's telling that slightly over 1/2 of the people who come here, on the Bitshares forum, in the Keyhotee section, think that it should be changed from Keyhotee to something else.

It would be based on this poll ... only 48% say "Leave it alone" ... 52% say change it, in some form or another

Sorry, that is not correct.
An accurate poll to see whether people would want to change it (and that would only include the sahrehodlers here on the forum) would be: Do you want to change the Keyhotee name or not? Then you make a poll with all the name contenders. Select the best one and let it run against Keyhotee. That would be correct. With the poll in this thread we get what we ask for and that was not. Do you want to change it or not.

bitbro

Offline Pheonike

Offline santaclause102

• View Profile

Offline bitbadger

• View Profile

Pei5BrnEUqcCuUdffNZmBPL3rg6duj3vnU

Offline santaclause102

• View Profile

« Last Edit: March 28, 2014, 10:31:03 am by delulo »

chryspano

It's like we have 3-4 forks in a cryptocurrency each trying to change something different, their total hash power may be greater than the hashpower of the original blockchain but none of them can force their changes to the original blockchain.

Offline bitbadger

• View Profile

Pei5BrnEUqcCuUdffNZmBPL3rg6duj3vnU

chryspano